|Release date||27 February 2006 (Update)|
|Quest item?||Fairy Tale I - Growing Pains|
|High Alch||0 coins|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Destroy||I'll chat to Malignius Mortifer if I want another pair.|
|On death||Not reclaimable from gravestone|
|Store price|| 40,000 coins|
|Examine||The only way to kill a Tanglefoot.|
Magic secateurs are a Farming tool obtained during the A Fairy Tale Part I quest, they are the only weapon able to damage Tanglefoot in Zanaris. When fighting Tanglefoot, the damage done is based on the players' Farming level instead of their Strength.
They are unique in the fact that they are the only farming tool which can be wielded. Either wielding or having the magic secateurs in the player's inventory while harvesting allotments, herbs, and hops decreases the chance of the plant losing a "life" when harvesting.
A player wielding magic secateurs
|[view] • [talk]|
- If both amulet of nature and magic secateurs are equipped, only the amulet's crop yield boost will be applied.
- Originally, having an aura activated with the magic secateurs equipped gave the outline of a sword. This has been fixed.
- Rapier cosmetic overrides such as the jousting lance can be applied to magic secateurs.
- If you are wearing Desert robes, wielding magic secateurs will make the desert robes appear a brighter shade of white.
- The original developer intended for magic secateurs to boost yields by roughly 10%, but this has not been the case.
- Originally, a player had to be wielding the secateurs to activate their farming effect. However, this was changed in an update on 23 June 2014.