|Release date||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|High Alch||5,136 coins|
|Low Alch||3,424 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||It has a sight on it that should improve its performance.|
The Magic shieldbow (sighted) is created by using a Shieldbow sight on a Magic shieldbow. It requires 55 Ranged and 55 Defence to use and is a more powerful version of the regular magic shieldbow. It can use up to Rune arrows. It is currently the most powerful shieldbow in free-to-play, as well as being one of the most powerful overall F2P weapons.
The shieldbow sight can be bought from the Rewards trader, for 10,000 dungeoneering tokens. According to the 10:1 experience to tokens received ratio, one needs 100,000 Dungeoneering experience to obtain sufficient tokens (approximately level 50 Dungeoneering, assuming no tokens spent).
The magic shieldbow (sighted) also has one of the longest attack ranges in the game, able to hit targets up to 9 squares away.
A player wielding a sighted magic shieldbow
|[view] • [talk]|
- Despite it being indicated on the website manual of RuneScape as requiring level 30 Dungeoneering to use, the shieldbow sight is indicated in-game as requiring a Dungeoneering level of 45. However, you need level 49 Dungeoneering to gather enough tokens to buy shieldbow sight.
- When viewing the in-game ranged manual, the bow used to be called "Magic longbow (focused)" instead of "Magic shieldbow (sighted)." This was since fixed.
- A graphical glitch existed where the bowstring of the sighted longbow would not be drawn back when the bow is fired. This glitch was fixed on 6 October 2010. It was ingame since release of Dungeoneering.
- The bow has the same Accuracy, Armour, and Life Points values as all god bows(God Bows have a higher damage stat and a prayer bonus), yet costs only 10k tokens, and is available to free players.
- Upon release of the Evolution of Combat, this bow was members-only, while F2P had access to the unsighted version. Despite this, players could still attach the shieldbow sight to the shieldbow, resulting in the creation of a Members object. The only way to remove the sight was to log into a P2P world. This was fixed in a hidden update.
- Even though the Magic Shieldbow has a shield larger than most bows, when sighted, the shield size is reduced to that of a regular Shieldbow.
- Currently, the Damage stat of a regular Magic shieldbow (265) is more than twice that of the sighted version (132), yet the Maple shieldbow (sighted) (238) has a significantly higher damage stat than a regular Maple Shieldbow (159). It is currently unknown whether or not this is a glitch.