|Release||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||192 coins|
|Low alch||128 coins|
|Exchange||513 coins (info)|
|Examine||Logs cut from a magic tree.|
Magic logs are logs that can be acquired using the Woodcutting skill from magic trees, or by bringing cursed magic logs into Gielinor. Cutting magic trees requires a Woodcutting level of 75 or higher and yields 250 Woodcutting experience per log cut.
Players can burn these logs with the Firemaking skill at level 75 Firemaking, giving 303.8 Firemaking experience, or 309.5 if adding magic logs to a bonfire. A total of 338.1 experience can be gained per log while adding to a full bonfire with flame gloves and ring of fire. When lit, they burn for approximately 5 minutes and 30 seconds.
Players can also cut these logs into a magic shortbow at level 80 Fletching or a magic shieldbow at level 85 Fletching, providing 83.3 and 91.5 Fletching experience respectively. They are also used to smith a rune spear or rune hasta through Barbarian Smithing.
A final use for magic logs is to use them in pyre ships, or add sacred oil to create magic pyre logs, which can be used in the Shades of Mort'ton or with vyre corpses in the Columbarium. These activities yield Prayer as well as Firemaking experience.
Three quests and one followup to a quest require magic logs:
- Desert Treasure quest requires 12
- Mourning's End Part I requires one to fix the device
- Plague's End quest requires 10
- The Balloon Transport System requires 3 magic logs to travel from Entrana to Tree Gnome Stronghold initially and 1 afterwards.
|93||3 Yew logs||2 Luminous energy||1 Magic logs||21.7||-449|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||4.2%|
- When viewing the icon for magic logs on the Grand Exchange collection menu in a bank, the logs sparkle actively and rapidly, unlike when placed in an inventory or looking in the Grand Exchange.
- Magic logs received a graphical update on July 2007, along with the Pest Control improvement update.
- Magic logs could not be burned in Runescape Classic.
|Gielinor Games (discontinued)||