|Release date||25 February 2009 (Update)|
|Location||See list of possible locations|
|Examine||An incredibly tough challenge!|
A Magic evil tree can be found while playing the Distractions and diversions Evil Tree.This is one of the most popular Evil Trees among tree hunters because magic logs are rewarded to players when it is defeated. To defeat a Magic Evil Tree, players must have level 75 Woodcutting. In addition, players must have 75 Firemaking if they wish to set the tree on fire, which causes continuous damage to the tree. The tree's health can be checked by inspecting the tree. You can find out when the next tree is ready to be cut by talking to a Spirit tree.
- When the tree is still a sapling, Farming experience can be gained for nurturing it. No items are required for that.
- When the tree is fully grown, chopping the roots and the tree itself gains Woodcutting experience. Chopping the roots earns 25 Woodcutting xp while chopping the main tree earns 125 Woodcutting xp.
- When a root vanishes, the player gains Evil tree kindlings, which can be used on the tree to set fire to a part of the tree. This grants 1517 Firemaking xp for each of the eight positions that can be lit for a potential total of 12,136 Firemaking xp per evil magic tree!
Evil Tree Experience Nurturing Firemaking Chopping roots Chopping tree Magic 311 1517 25 125
- Experience (Farming & Firemaking or Woodcutting)
- Magic logs (noted)
- Bird nests
- Tooth half of a key
- Loop half of a key
- Clue scroll (easy)
- Tree seeds
- Morchella mushroom spores
- Fellstalk seeds
- Key tokens
- After the tree has been killed, the Leprechaun's magic will bank any additional logs cut after you have a full inventory for a maximum of 26 minutes.
- Also, the Leprechaun's magic will increase the chances of not falling a tree within 26 minutes of killing the tree.
- When a player's backpack is full while under the Leprechaun's magic a message will be displayed, "The logs are magically escorted to your bank." and a glimmering animation will appear above the player's head.
- Players received 14 xp for chopping Evil roots and 72 xp for chopping the Evil magic tree until a ninja update took place, nearly doubling the amount of experience gained by players.
- Despite the graphical update for trees in Runescape, Magic Evil Trees have limbs that resemble the old Magic Tree leaves.