|Release date||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High Alch||59,400 coins|
|Low Alch||39,600 coins|
|Store price|| 99,000 coins|
(Robe Store Owner)
|Examine||The cape worn by the most powerful mages.|
A Magic cape can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Magic hood from Robe Store Owner at the Wizards' Guild by players who have achieved level 99 Magic. It is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Magic skill. Magic capes are a very light beige in colour, and have a blue trim if the player has more than one level 99 skill. Their base colour is similar to that of the Construction cape.
|Compare item|| |
A player wearing a trimmed Magic cape
A player wearing an untrimmed Magic Skillcape
|[view] • [talk]|
- Currently, 183,268 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- The untrimmed Magic skillcape is very similar to the untrimmed Construction skillcape. If comparing two players standing next to each other while only wearing the Magic and Construction skillcape hood, it is almost impossible to see what skillcape the hood belongs to.
- The hat that is the Magic skill icon in the skills interface is bent to the right at the top, while in comparison, the hat on the skillcape itself is bent to the left. This is because skill cape icons were not updated.
- The Magic skillcape is currently the only skillcape with a golden coloured neckplate. All of the other skillcapes have more of a metallic-grey colour on their neckplate. This is perhaps a slight nod towards the High Alchemy spell, a spell with which many players extensively trained their Magic skill.
- Before a hidden update, some of the Magic skillcapes' neckplates were grey while others were gold. The Magic skillcape's golden neckplate was believed to be chosen at random.
- With 2.87 seconds, this skillcape has the shortest emote.
- There used to be a glitch upon reaching level 99 Magic, where you would not get the message telling you that the Magic cape can be bought at the Wizards' Guild. This glitch was probably caused by the accidental removal of the milestones tab from the skill guide when the Dungeoneering skill was released. This has since been fixed.
- When performing the emote while having bloom on, the swirls that go around the character sparkles with stars.