|Source||2011 Thanksgiving event|
|2011 Thanksgiving Event|
|Examine|| A hungry looking turkey. |
A cake-loving turkey.
Mackers is a turkey who first appeared during the 2011 Thanksgiving Event.
He has an obsession with cake, and only participated in the turkey protest because it was told that cake would be present. After the event is complete, you could still talk to him whilst outside the Cook's Guild. He will say something along the lines of, "I can smell those cakes, There must be a way in," possibly hinting at a future quest. For members, Mackers will decide to tag along with the player with the hope of a better chance at finding cake.
Despite being a members-only pet, Mackers was obtainable by both members and free players alike; though only members can use and interact with it.
If you dismiss this pet, you can get another from Diango.
- Mackers is the fourth members-only holiday event reward, preceded by the wintumber tree, icicle crown and the hourglass.
- Mackers is also the first members-only holiday event reward that could "potentially" be obtained by a non-member.
- It is the third pet reward from a holiday event, after Eek and the squirrels that can be summoned by the squirrel ears.
- When first released, Mackers did not have a chat head when players interacted with him in a player-owned house. This has been fixed.
- When feeding him cake or chocolate cake, Mackers says "Om nom nom nom nom." This is a reference to the internet meme.
- When Mackers was first released, Wolf Whistle was a requirement to have Mackers follow you as a pet. Thus Mackers was the first holiday item to have a requirement other than the event itself (requiring an external quest and 4 Summoning). This was changed with the 28 November 2011 update.
- If the player talks to Mackers with cake or chocolate cake in inventory, Mackers will ask for cake and the player will admit to having some. However, this does not feed the cake to Mackers. The player must use the cake on Mackers to feed him.
- When Mackers' hunger gets to 65%, it would ask for cake. Its chat head uses the old animation.
- Mackers will not eat mint cake, celebration cake or 10th anniversary cake. If players try to feed it to Mackers, they will get the message: "Nope, Mackers only eats cake."
- When players dismiss Mackers using the Summoning interface, it will be sent to Diango, despite the message that says Mackers has wandered off to find more cake.
- If you are in Varrock and you talk to him, he will mention that the Cook's Guild is nearby and asks if he can go.
- There was a glitch when Mackers runs away to look for some cake and is recovered from Diango; it runs away again as soon as you drop it, this glitch has been fixed. Before, if you have a pet feeder in your POH Menagerie, you could use Mackers with it and he would then be fully fed and no longer run away.
- Mackers is the second NPC to have an obsession with cake, the first being Squire Sam.
- Sometimes Mackers will ask to go to the Cook's Guild even if both the player and Mackers are inside. This glitch has not been fixed.
- Mackers says that he was promised cake only to find that there was none, which is a reference to Valve's game Portal.
- It was possible to store Mackers in a POH Toy Box; however, this function was removed in the 28 November 2011 update.
- Attempting to store Mackers in a POH toy box Results in an interesting conversation between Mackers and the player.
- Though Mackers is a members only reward, it is possible for F2P to have him. He will be with Diango, but the player will be unable to claim him.
- If another player uses cake on mackers, he will say "No thanks."
- "Mackers" is an anagram for Mr. Cakes.
|Solomon's General Store|
|Squeal of Fortune|