For the music track, see Luminescent Icefiend (music track).
|Release date||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|Combat level||26, ..., 64, 76, ...|
|XP per kill||325 (and 107.3 experience)|
|Examine text||A large and powerful ice creature.|
|Release date||1 June 2011 (Update)|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Examine text||It is cold and solid. Thok will strap it to Marmaros's leg.|
It primarily attacks with Magic and Ranged. It also has a powerful special attack in which it becomes impervious to damage before causing icicles to fall from the ceiling above the player, constantly doing damage until only a small amount of life points remains. This can be avoided by moving around as the icicles follows behind you. Because of its special attack and the fact that you cannot teleport out of the room, it is regarded by many as an extremely annoying boss.
- Protection prayers will not work against the special attack, but Protect from Missiles will protect you from the regular "snowball" attack.
- Its special attack will keep hitting until your life points are low, but it will not kill you. (Note: In the EOC there is currently a glitch where you can randomly be killed by this special attack) It performs its special attack when it has 75% , 50% and 25% of his life points and 1 life point. While the special attack is happening, the Icefiend becomes impervious to damage except from the damage received by a Familiar.
- All damage from the special attack can be avoided as long as you keep moving. Begin moving around when you see the Icefiend encase itself in ice; if you stop at any moment, the ice may catch up with you. It is also possible to be hit by ice that is falling behind your team mates, so be careful not to cross paths.
- If you get hit once by the special attack, it is difficult, but still possible to escape the rest of its hits. Click rapidly on an opposite corner while being hit. Only eat food once you are not being damaged by the attack. If you cannot escape the attack, make you sure eat immediately after it ends. A swift follow up attack from the Luminescent icefiend could easily kill you.
- If a player is already injured to the point where the special attack can no longer deal damage, the duration of the attack will be shorter.
- It is not possible to use a gatestone or the group gatestone to teleport from its room.
- You could rest and recharge to 100% run energy before the battle begins.
- The icefiend can still take damage if it becomes invincible while a player's magic spell is airborne. If you time your spell right, you will be able to bypass the last special attack by killing him JUST AFTER he becomes invincible. This is only possible in a group.
- Running from corner to corner using the minimap is a good way to dodge the special attack.
- Walking from one wall to the other at the opposite side of room will usually dodge its special attack with 1 click, but this does not always work.
- Rotating the view while clicking in one spot will cause you to run in a circle and evade the falling ice, with less chance of misclicking.
- Running may be too chaotic for players who lack focus. As long as you move constantly, you won't get hit. That's why some people turn off run energy. Don't worry, the ice still can't catch up as long as you are moving.
- Sometimes the icicles would continue to fall after the icefiend has came out of its invincible state. If you damage the icefiend fast enough it is actually possible to have two series of icicles falling down. However, the "old" set of icicles would only fall repeatedly in their square where they are when the Icefiend comes out of its invincible stage. This might be a glitch.
- When the Luminescent icefiend raises it arms and light blue arcs appear around it, it is about to use its magic attack. It flings its right fist at players as the ranged attack. However, these animations are too fast for any prayer switching.
Off-hand daggers are dropped with the main-hand dagger of the same metal.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Novite dagger 1 Varies Not sold Bathus dagger 1 Varies Not sold Marmaros dagger 1 Varies Not sold Kratonite dagger 1 Varies Not sold Fractite dagger 1 Varies Not sold Zephyrium dagger 1 Varies Not sold Argonite dagger 1 Varies Not sold Katagon dagger 1 Varies Not sold Gorgonite dagger 1 Varies Not sold Promethium dagger 1 Varies Not sold Primal dagger 1 Varies Not sold Off-hand novite dagger 1 Varies Not sold Off-hand bathus dagger 1 Varies Not sold Off-hand marmaros dagger 1 Varies Not sold Off-hand kratonite dagger 1 Varies Not sold Off-hand fractite dagger 1 Varies Not sold Off-hand zephyrium dagger 1 Varies Not sold Off-hand argonite dagger 1 Varies Not sold Off-hand katagon dagger 1 Varies Not sold Off-hand gorgonite dagger 1 Varies Not sold Off-hand promethium dagger 1 Varies Not sold Off-hand primal dagger 1 Varies Not sold Dungeoneering journals Various parts Common Not sold
- Damage from Retribution will not make an Icefiend start its barrage of icicles, even if it damages the Icefiend past one of the health "milestones". However, the Icefiend would immediately unleash its special attack when it is hit by any normal attack, even a miss.
|Abandoned 1 & 2|
|God Wars Dungeon|
|Fiends & Demons|