|Release date||14 July 2008 (Update)|
|Area(s)||Lumbridge, Draynor Village and Draynor Manor|
|Lamp XP rewards|| 500 |
|Taskmasters||Explorer Jack, Bob, Ned|
The Lumbridge and Draynor Tasks are a group of tasks (formerly called Achievement Diaries) released on 14 July 2008 for free players related to Lumbridge and Draynor Village (the Hard tasks were introduced on 7 September 2010). The tasks can be started by speaking to Explorer Jack. You can also claim rewards from him. He can be found north of Lumbridge Castle in a house marked with the task icon on the minimap. The house is just west of the general store.
These tasks are slightly different from other tasks in RuneScape, as it is geared towards low to mid-level players, so it is divided into task sets, namely - Beginner Tasks, Easy Tasks, Medium Tasks and Hard Tasks (rather than Easy, Medium, Hard and Elite). There are rewards in gold coins and experience bonuses (total of 12,000 experience points). However, the most significant benefit (for free players) in completing these task sets is getting the Explorer's Ring. The ring is tiered from level 1 to 4 and its abilities increase with each level. After each task set is completed, the ring will be upgraded to the next tier. It is possible to finish other tasks and get the coin rewards, but the lower-level tasks must be completed before the higher-tiered rings and experience lamps will become available. For example, if a player were to complete the Medium Tasks first, Ned would not reward them with the explorer's ring 3 until they had completed the Beginner and Easy task sets.
You can use the tables below as checklists to guide you. A walkthrough is also available. To complete the entire Lumbridge and Draynor Tasks (from Beginner to Hard), you will need the stats shown at the right. You also need to be able to kill a Giant rat and Zombie.
Skill pures cannot complete 'Ease of Access', 'Blast and Hellfire', and 'Gods, Give Me Strength' due to the 59 Magic and 45 Prayer requirements, limiting them to completion of the Easy Tasks and explorer's ring 2.
Note: The Assist System cannot be used for any of these tasks. Temporary boosts can.
These tasks make up the RuneScape Tutorial and are not required to get the rewards. These tasks give 10 - 2560 coins per task as a reward as well as some other starter items. Although listed in the Lumbridge and Draynor task section they are not considered to be part of the task set and therefore are not required to obtain any version of the Explorer's Ring.
|Task||Description||Quest needed||Skill requirement||Reward|
|The Blood Pact||Complete The Blood Pact||None||None||Same as the quest reward|
|On the Run||Run somewhere.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|A World in Microcosm||Go somewhere using the minimap.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Adventurer's Log||Cut a log from a regular tree.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Aren't They Supposed to be Twins?||Catch a crayfish.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Log-a-rhythm||Set fire to a regular log.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Shellfish Roasting on an Open Fire||Successfully cook a crayfish.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Heavy Metal||Mine some tin.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Bar One||Smelt a bronze bar.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Cutting Edge Technology||Smith a bronze dagger.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Armed and Dangerous||Wield a melee weapon.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|On Your Way||Complete ten Tasks.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|You Can Bank on Us||Talk to the bankers in Lumbridge Castle.||None||None||Varied coins|
|Hang on to Something||Deposit an item into your bank.||None||None||Varied coins|
|Bovine Intervention||Kill a cow for its hide.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Tan Your Hide||Have a cowhide tanned into soft leather.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Handicrafts||Craft a pair of soft leather gloves.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Handy Dandy||Wear leather gloves to protect your hands.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Just Can't Get the Staff||Equip a staff.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|The Restless Ghost||Complete The Restless Ghost quest.||None||None||Same as quest reward|
|There's No Place Like Home||Teleport using the Home Teleport spell.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Reach Out and Touch Someone||Equip a ranged weapon.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Death From Above||Cast Wind strike at a dummy or hostile target||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Flour Power||Obtain a pot of flour.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|A Labour of Loaf||Bake a loaf of bread.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Cook's Assistant||Complete the Cook's Assistant quest.||None||None||Same as quest reward|
|Om Nom Nom Nom||Eat food to heal (eating food at full health will not count).||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|On The Level||Gain a total level of 40.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Rune Mysteries||Complete the Rune Mysteries quest.||None||None||Same as quest reward|
|Rune Memories||Complete the Rune Memories quest.||None||None (Must be member, not required for Taskmaster emote)||Same as quest reward|
|So That's What Ess Stands For||Mine some rune essence or pure essence.||None||None||Varied coins|
|Air Craft||Craft an air rune at the Air Altar.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Greasing The Wheels of Commerce||Sell an item to a shop.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Must Be Funny In A Rich Man's World||Claim a reward of at least 100 coins from a Taskmaster.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|I Wonder If It'll Sprout||Bury bones to gain Prayer experience. (Scattering ashes also works)||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Put Your Hands Together For...||Activate Prayer.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Prayer Point Power||Restore your Prayer points.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Not What We Mean By Irony||Wield a melee weapon made of iron.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|All's Ferrous in Love and War||Wear a piece of armour made out of iron.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|First Blood||Level your Attack and Defence to 5.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Temper, Temper||Wield a weapon made of Steel.||None||20||10 - 2560 coins|
|Steel Yourself for Combat||Wear a piece of armour made of steel.||None||20||10 - 2560 coins|
|Ammo, Ammo, Ammo||Equip Iron arrows in your ammunition slot.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Take a Bow||Equip a Shortbow, Shieldbow and Crossbow.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Don't Bury this One||Obtain an Iron Hatchet.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Mace Invaders||Make a Bronze mace of your own.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Capital Protection, What?||Make a Bronze helm or Bronze full helm of your own.||None||None||10 - 2560 coins|
|Hack and Smash||Raise your mining skill to 5.||None||None|
|Berry Tasty||Bake a redberry pie||None||10||10 - 2560 coins|
|It's Not a Red One||Cook a herring||None||5||10 - 2560 coins|
|How To Train and Level||Reach level 2 in Mining.||None||2|
|Made For Walking||Make a pair of Leather boots.||None||7|
|Did Anyone Bring Any Toast?||Catch some sardines.||None||5|
|Not So Confusing After All||Cast the Confuse spell.||None||3|
|Absolute Enchanting||Successful cast Level-1 Enchant on an item of jewellery.||None||7|
|Heart of Oak||Equip an oak shortbow, longbow, or Signed Oak bow.||None||5|
|Get the Point||Fire a steel arrow.||None||20|
|Dishwater||Drink a cheap beer.||None||None|
|Can't touch this||End a fight against an skeleton in Lumbridge Catacombs with as many life points as you started it.||The Blood Pact||None|
|Score three score||Increase your total level to 60.||None||None|
|Fledgeling Adventurer||Gain four quest points||Varied||None|
|Myths of the White Lands||Complete the Myths of the White Lands quest.||None||None|
|Urning a Living||Make and activate an urn.||None||None|
|Talk to Explorer Jack||Learn about Task rewards from Explorer Jack in his house in Lumbridge.||None||None|
|Grab the Cash||There's a small pile of coins on the ground near Explorer Jack's house. Click on it to pick it up.||None||None|
|Intervention||A goblin is attacking a man in Lumbridge. Investigate the situation and intervene.||None||None|
|Escort Duty||Escort the wounded man from the crossroads in Lumbridge to Xenia in the graveyard, south of Lumbridge church.||None||None|
|Skills||View the Woodcutting skill in the statistics window||None||None|
|Tooling Up||Acquire a free pickaxe and hatchet from Bob's Axes in Lumbridge.||None||None|
|Rest Up||Take a rest by a musician.||None||None|
|Investigate the corruption at the Nexus||Talk to Ysondria at the Nexus to find out more.||None||None|
It is recommended to follow the tasks in the order shown below, as it is one of the shortest paths available.
|Task||Description||Quest Needed||Skill Requirement|
|Master of All I Survey||Climb to the highest point in Lumbridge.|
(Climb the ladder on the northern side of the bank atop the roof of Lumbridge Castle)
|Raise the Roof||Raise the flag at the very top of the Lumbridge Castle (atop the bank).||None||None|
|Hail to the Duke, Baby||Speak to the Duke of Lumbridge.||None||None|
|Doom!||Speak with the Doomsayer about the Warning System.||None||None|
|Sage Advice||Speak to the Lumbridge Sage, east of Lumbridge Castle.||None||None|
|Ring My Bell||Ring the bell in the Lumbridge Church.|
The bell is located at the topmost floor of the church.
|Tinkle the Ivories||Play the organ in the Lumbridge Church.||None||None|
|A Grave Consideration||Look through Father Aereck's selection of gravestones.||The Restless Ghost||None|
|Take Your Pick||Mine some copper in the Mining spot to the south-east of Lumbridge Swamp.||None||None|
|Shrimpin' Ain't Easy||Catch some shrimp in the Fishing spot to the east of Lumbridge Swamp.||None||None|
|Docking Out||Enter Al Kharid via its west gate.||None||None|
|Window Shopping||Browse the Lumbridge General Store.||None||None|
|The Fruit of the Sea||Sell a raw shrimp to the Fishing shop.|
The fishing shop is located north-west of the general store.
|Wait, That's Not a Sheep||Visit Fred the Farmer's chicken and sheep farm.||None||None|
|Grinding My Gears||Grind and collect some flour in the windmill north of Lumbridge.||None||None|
|Clay More||Mine some clay in the mine north of the Champions' Guild.|
The mine is just south-west of Varrock.
|Just Add Water||Make some soft clay in the Draynor Village potter's house.|
The potter's house is the northernmost house in Draynor Village. You must do this inside the potter's house. Use a container filled with water on the clay. A vial of water will not work.
|Very Potter||Make a pot on the potter's wheel in the Draynor Village potter's house.||None||None|
|Hotpot||Bake the pot in the kiln in the Draynor Village potter's house.||None||None|
|In the Countyard||Enter the courtyard of the spooky mansion in Draynor Village.|
The courtyard is near Veronica.
|Beware of Pigzilla||Visit the Draynor Village market.||None||None|
|The Rules of Engagement||Find out about the Rules of Conduct from the Draynor Town Crier.||None||None|
|Tower Power||Climb to the top of the Wizards' Tower.||None||None|
After completing all the tasks, speak to Explorer Jack to claim your reward:
- Explorer's ring 1 - when worn:
- Replenishes 50% run energy when using a charge once a day
- The Explore emote
- Antique lamp - 500 experience in the skill of your choice.
- 10 - 4096 coins per task
|Task||Description||Quest Needed||Skill Requirement|
|Iron On||Mine some iron ore from the Al Kharid Mining spot.||None||15 (If you are below combat level 29, you must be able to mine the ore while being attacked)|
|And It Was THIS Big!||Catch a raw pike in the river to the east of Lumbridge Castle.|
Pike is caught by bait fishing.
|Belter of a Smelter||Smelt a steel bar in the Lumbridge furnace||None||30|
|Nowt Tool Look At||Search the shed in Lumbridge Swamp.|
You will receive this task even if you DO go to Zanaris
|You Doity Rat||Kill a giant rat in Lumbridge Swamp.||None||None|
|It Was Dead Already!||Cut down a dead tree in Lumbridge Swamp.|
Actually swamp trees.
|Camping Trip||Light a campfire from normal logs in Lumbridge Swamp.||None||None|
|Ratatouille||Cook some rat meat on a campfire in Lumbridge Swamp.|
Make a fire within the boundaries of the swamp and use the meat on the fire; the task is completed even if the meat is burnt.
|Slippery When Wet||Craft a water rune at the Water Altar.||None||5 , and a Water talisman or tiara|
|I Can't Hear Dead People||
Get a replacement Ghostspeak Amulet from Father Urhney
Note: Once you have received the replacement, you can pick up the dropped amulet, if you want. However, if you attempt to bank them both, they become a single amulet.
|Started The Restless Ghost||None|
|Come In Here and Say That||Taunt the demon on the second floor of the Wizards' Tower.|
By choosing the right-click option from the demon.
|What Is This Place?||Have Sedridor teleport you to the Rune Essence Mine.||None||None|
|Money Down the Drayn||Access the bank in Draynor Village.||None||None|
|Klept-Old-Man-ia||Have the Wise Old Man check your bank for unnecessary quest-related items.|
Empty your bank from any quest items you want to keep.
|Eye on the Prize||Discover what the Wise Old Man is watching through his telescope.|
The telescope is on the upper floor of his house.
|Draaaaaiiiiiins...||Kill a zombie in the sewers under the jail.||None||None, but some combat experience is highly recommended|
Craft a clay ring.
You must fire an unfired clay ring with the pottery oven in Draynor Village. Make 2 rings, one to bless for 'Bless is more', and one to sell to Morgan for 'Morgan the Merrier'.
|Morgan the Merrier||Sell a plain clay ring to Morgan in Draynor Village (he will not accept the clay ring which has been blessed).||None||None|
|Bless is More||Have a clay ring blessed (take it to Father Aereck in Lumbridge Church).||None||None|
(You have to talk with Bob (smith), the axe seller to claim your reward)
- Explorer's ring 2 - when worn:
- Antique lamp - 1,000 experience in the skill of your choice level 30 or higher.
- 10 - 4,096 coins per task.
|Task||Description||Quest Needed||Skill Requirement|
|Steel Justice||Smith a steel longsword on the anvil in the jailhouse sewers. Jail is in Draynor Village||None||36|
|Where's the Beef?||Get Beefy Bill to bank flour, cowhide, or beef for you. Using one of any specified items WILL work even though he keeps it and does not send it to your bank.||None||None|
|Ease of Access||Use the teleport Lumbridge spell. Not the Lodestone Network Teleport. Tablet does NOT work.||None||31|
|Willow the Wisp of Smoke||Light a willow log fire on top of the Lumbridge Castle gatehouse. Second floor of the gatehouse at the (east side) front of the castle, not behind the castle.||None||30|
|A Meal Fit For a Duke||Cook a lobster on the range in Lumbridge Castle kitchen.The task requires you to not burn the lobster, so at lower cooking levels bring several.||Cook's Assistant||40|
|Always Be Prepared||Try to obtain an Anti-dragonbreath shield from Duke Horacio|
There is no need to drop the shield if you already have one.
|Started Dragon slayer||33 Quest points|
|Weeping Willow||Cut a willow tree, east of Lumbridge Castle, near the Doomsayer||None||30|
|One Day, You Shall Be a Fork||Smelt a silver bar in the Lumbridge furnace||None||20|
|Made to Order||Craft a holy symbol in the Lumbridge furnace. You have to make Unstrung symbol||None||16|
|Lovely With a Squeeze of Lemon||
Catch a salmon in the river to the east of Lumbridge castle (bring feathers)
|Hi Ho, Silver||Mine some silver from the mining spot north of Al Kharid||None||20|
|Everybody Loves Coal!||Mine some coal in the mining spot south-west of Lumbridge Swamp||None||30|
(You have to talk with Ned to claim your reward.)
- Explorer's ring 3 - when worn:
- Replenishes 50% run energy when using a charge. Up to three charges can be used per day.
- Cast Low Level Alchemy 30 times every day without runes at Level 21 Magic, earning yourself 930 Magic experience daily.
- Chance of gaining extra runes and experience when crafting air, water, earth, and fire runes at their respective altars.
- Teleport to the cabbage patch north of Port Sarim/south of Falador allotment patch (free and unlimited number of charges).
- Antique lamp - 1,500 experience in any skill level 35 or higher.
- 10 - 4096 coins per task.
|Task||Description||Quest Required||Skill Requirement|
|A Body in the Sewers||
Smith a mithril platebody on the anvil in the Draynor Sewers (5 mithril bars)
|None||68 [67 with a Dwarven Stout, or 66 with Dwarven stout (m)]. Requesting assistance does not work. 62 with Orange Spicy stew and various members drinks work for members only. Note: Obtaining a +6 boost is very rare.|
|Building Up Strength||
Create an amulet of strength from scratch, all within Lumbridge (don't go below ground level).
50 (boosts do NOT work)
49 (boosts do NOT work)
|Have your Cake and Eat It||
To make a chocolate cake from scratch in Lumbridge Castle's kitchen:
Mix an uncooked cake. Bake the cake. Add chocolate to the cake (make sure to right-click the chocolate bar as left click will make you eat it). You can purchase all the ingredients from the Culinaromancer's Chest but you must make the cake itself in the Lumbridge Castle kitchen (where the cook is) including making the uncooked cake.
|Blast and Hellfire||Cast Fire Blast at a training dummy in the Combat Academy in Lumbridge. It should be one of the dummies already standing on the north side of the building.||None||59 (boosts DO work, confirmed with Wizard Mindbomb from Falador)|
|Gods, Give Me Strength||Pray at Lumbridge Church altar with Mystic Might enabled.||None||45|
|Not Waving, But Drowning||Craft 100 or more water runes simultaneously||None||
57 (57 Runecrafting guarantees at least 100 runes, but it is not necessary to have 57 Runecrafting in order to complete this. Multiple runes scale linearly up to 60% chance of extras; for waters, each extra level is 3.16% more likely for extras)
|Are Yew As Fired Up As I Am?||Burn some yew logs on top of the East Gatehouse of Lumbridge Castle. It is located just beside the Lumbridge wall gates; use either entrance. You must climb to the very top (where the two pickaxe spawns are).||None||60 (58 with a boost from a God banner)|
Speak to Ned in Draynor Village to claim your reward (Bring your Explorer's Ring 3):
- Replenishes 50% run energy when using a charge three times a day.
- 30 free Low Level Alchemy casts per day (requires Magic level 21) earning 930 Magic experience daily.
- 27 free Superheat Item casts per day (requires Magic level 43) earning 1,431 Magic experience daily.
- 15 free High-level Alchemy casts per day (requires Magic level 55) earning 975 Magic experience daily.
- Chance of gaining extra runes and experience when crafting Air, Water, Earth, and Fire runes at their respective altars.
- Free unlimited teleports to the cabbage patch north of Port Sarim (from within Level 26 Wilderness.)
At all times:
- 50% chance of not using runes when casting Bones to Bananas (up to ten times per day)
- A daily food hamper from the Lumbridge cook (cannot be banked)
If you have the skill requirements and items to do all the tasks, the following is a suggested route:
Note: Fishing and other supplies may be bought at any general store before starting. Pot, ring & holy symbol mould, and essence can be obtained throughout this walkthrough.
Supplies Needed: Raw lobster
- Use the ladder outside the Lumbridge Bank's wall to climb to the highest point in Lumbridge.
- Raise the flag on the roof of the Lumbridge Bank.
- Speak to the Duke of Lumbridge (Horacio) on the 2nd floor.
- Obtain an Anti-dragonbreath shield from Duke Horacio (after completing the Dragon Slayer Quest).
- Cook a lobster on the range in Lumbridge Castle kitchen (after completing the Cook's Assistant Quest).
Items Needed: Fishing Bait, Feathers, Yew log
- Kill a cow in the field northeast of Lumbridge and pick up the cow hide.
- Catch a pike and a salmon in the river to the east of Lumbridge castle.
- Speak with the Doomsayer about the Warning System.
- Talk to the Lumbridge Sage.
- Browse the Lumbridge General Store.
- Cut the lone willow tree east of Lumbridge Castle (between the Musician and the Doomsayer).
- Light the willow log with your tinderbox on top of the Lumbridge Castle gatehouse.
- Light a yew log fire on top of Lumbridge Castle gatehouse (you don't need to cut the log yourself.)
- Look through Father Aereck's selection of gravestones.
- Play the organ in the Lumbridge Church.
- Ring the bell in the Lumbridge Church (2nd floor).
Supplies Needed: thread, cowhides
- Go to Al Kharid.
- Have Ellis tan your cowhides to soft leather at his shop in Al Kharid.
- Craft one pair of soft leather boots.
- Buy a Holy mould from Dommik's Crafting Shop, if you don't already have one, since you will need it later. You may as well add it to your tool belt.
- Mine two iron ores from the Al Kharid Mining spot (keep both ores).
- Mine one silver and 4 coal ores (mining level 30) from the mining spot north of Al Kharid and save for a later task.
- Mine 3 clay in the mining patch north of the Champion's Guild - the Varrock lodestone provides easy teleport to this spot
- You can soften the clay by using it on any water source. Make sure to make it into rings or pots at Draynor Village though.
Supplies Needed: Weapons and armour to kill a zombie, 5 Mithril bars, 3 Clay or soft clay, 2 Steel bars
- Enter the spooky courtyard of Draynor Mansion.
- Visit the Draynor Village Market.
- Find out about the Rules of Conduct from the Draynor Town Crier.
- Access the bank in Draynor Village.
- If you brought clay instead of soft clay, use the water pump south of the potters house to soften it.
- Spin one soft clay into a pot on the potter's wheel. Bake the unfired pot in the kiln.
- Make 2 clay rings from the remaining soft clay with ring mould and bake them in kiln. Sell one clay ring to Morgan (west of the wheat field, near Ned's house). Keep the other clay ring to be blessed later.
- Have the Wise Old Man check your bank and/or inventory for unnecessary quest-related items.
- Discover what the Wise Old Man is watching through his telescope (the telescope is upstairs in his house).
- Kill a zombie in the sewers under the Draynor jail. The entrance on the west side of Draynor Village can be used.
- Smith a mithril platebody on the anvil in the jailhouse sewers (you will need 5 mithril bars and a hammer, requires smithing level 68!).
- Smith a steel long sword on the anvil.
Supplies Needed: None
- Climb to the top of the Wizards' Tower.
- Taunt the demon on the first floor of the Wizards' Tower
- Have Sedridor (located on the 2nd floor[) teleport you to the Essence Mine. (Optional: if a member, use ]Amulet of Glory to go back to Draynor to continue tasks.)
- Mine essence for later use (Runecrafting at the Water Altar).
Supplies Needed: Water talisman (or other item to enter the Water Altar), Pure/Rune essence, all of your Ghostspeak amulets.
- Mine at least one coal at the South-west Lumbridge swamp mining site.
- Craft a water rune at the Water Altar (Right next to the SW mining site).
- Search the shed in Lumbridge Swamp
- Get a replacement Amulet of Ghostspeak from Father Urhney south of Lumbridge swamp (you'll have to drop any you already have).
- Kill a giant rat in Lumbridge Swamp (keep the meat).
- Cut down a swamp tree in Lumbridge Swamp.
- Light a campfire from logs from tree just cut down in Lumbridge Swamp.
- Cook some rat meat on a campfire in Lumbridge Swamp.
- Mine some copper in the Mining spot to the south-east of Lumbridge Swamp.
- Catch some shrimp in the Fishing spot to the east of Lumbridge Swamp, keep for later.
Supplies Needed: 2 Iron ore, 4 Coal, 1 Silver ore, Holy mould (on toolbelt), 3 Air runes (or Air staff), 1 Earth rune (or Earth staff), 1 Law rune, 1 Raw Shrimp
- Use the Lumbridge Teleport spell (the one that requires runes).
- Have your remaining clay ring blessed by Father Aereck (Lumbridge church)
- Smelt two steel bars in the Lumbridge furnace (You should now be done with easy tasks section).
- Smelt a silver bar in the Lumbridge furnace.
- Craft a holy symbol in the Lumbridge furnace (the unstrung symbol is all that is necessary).
- Sell the Raw Shrimp to the Lumbridge Fishing Shop.
- Visit Fred the Farmer's chicken and sheep farm.
- Collect some grain from the wheat field south of the Windmill, west of Fred the Farmer's Farm.
- Go inside the Windmill, pick up a pot off the table and grind some Grain and keep it. (Talk to Millie for help on grinding). (Beginner's tasks should now be completed).
- Get Beefy Bill (north of the Windmill, near the cow pasture, he has a General Store cart) to bank a flour, cowhide or beef for you (use the flour you just ground).
- After completing the Beginner tasks, you can talk to Explorer Jack to obtain an Explorer's Ring 1 . (Skip if you have already gotten this)
- After completing the Easy tasks, travel to Bob's Brilliant Axes shop in Lumbridge to upgrade the ring to an Explorer's Ring 2 .
- Travel to Draynor Village and talk to Ned to upgrade the ring further to an Explorer's Ring 3 .
- Talk to Ned if you finished all the Hard tasks for the Explorer's Ring 4 .
Note: You must get each ring one after the other. For example, if you complete the Medium tasks first, Ned will refuse to give you the reward until you have completed the Beginner and Easy tasks.
- As of the 12/06/11 update, you cannot claim the rewards for the Shear Convenience task.
- Previously, when doing Snowman Dance at the same time as the explore emote, the sextant would still pop up. This has now been fixed by Jagex.
- Some players were able to use the third ring's teleport option to bring boxing gloves and other items only usable within a Player-owned house, like tea, outside of their house. The glitch could also be used to smuggle Karamjan rum off of Musa Point. This glitch has since been fixed.
- If players did not speak to the Guildmaster and ask him about Dragonbreath protection during the Dragon Slayer quest and they had already finished the quest, they were not able to obtain an anti-dragon shield from Duke Horacio and thus the related task could not be completed. This glitch is also now fixed.
- There used to be an issue where, if a player reached a certain stage in the Swan Song quest but did not finish it, the Wise Old Man would not be available in Draynor Village to talk to the player about unneeded quest items in their bank, so the related task could not be completed. One workaround was to log into a non-members world to talk to him, but this wasn't completely reliable. With the Spirit of Summer update, Jagex fixed this so the player can now talk to Miss Schism to complete the task.
- You may be able to cook a lobster, even without the required cooking level.
- Incorrectly regarded as a glitch: Many players, while using the explorer's ring, wouldn't get their task list updated even when crafting more than 100 water runes. This is because the built-in possible extra rune bonus when crafting with the ring equipped does not count toward the 100 runes required. To avoid the false-hope, players should attempt this task without the ring equipped.
- The Explorer Ring 4 had the ability to High Alch itself for 210 coins, or Low Alch itself for 140 coins. This glitch has been fixed.
- When the hard tasks were released, the Explorer's Rings didn't produce extra air, water, earth, or fire runes while runecrafting. This glitch has been fixed.
- After the Task Update, the "Are Yew As Fired Up As I Am?" description read "Burn a yew log on the west gatehouse of Lumbridge Castle." However, to complete the task, a yew log needed to be burnt on the east gatehouse. This glitch has been fixed.
- The Task will not be completed if a Player enchants the Amulet in the Lumbridge Castle Kitchen Cellar (March 2015)
If skill level is not high enough to complete a certain task, temporary boosts may be available to raise it to allow completion. See the relevant skills for more information.
- It is the only task set which doesn't have elite difficulty. Moreover, it is the only task set which has 'beginner' difficulty.
- After the RuneScape High Detail update, players could see the green star in Bob's Brilliant Axes, and near Ned's cabin in Draynor Village. This was later removed by Jagex as they had not released the Lumbridge task set yet. After the full release of Runescape HD, the two green stars reappeared again at Bob's Brilliant Axes and Ned's Cabin.
- After the release of these tasks, when viewing the "Easy" task list, it said: "Taunt the Greater Demon at the top of the Wizards' Tower". It was fixed about 2 weeks after the update.
- In the beginner task set, the task of selling a shrimp to the fishing store was added to the original tasks later as the fishing shop was new. However this did not affect people who had already completed the tasks.
- If you complete the medium tasks before completing the easy tasks, you will not be able to claim your reward for medium until the easy task set is completed.
- When the Hard set of tasks was released, there was a bug where shearing only a certain sheep would update the task.
- The Beginner task list used to say to create the soft clay and pot in the Barbarian Village, since there was no potter's wheel in Draynor Village at the time of the update. However, when a potter's wheel and clay oven was added to Draynor Village, the task was changed so it would fit the area the tasks were supposed to be done in.
- Lots of task names refer to popular culture, including:
- The Beginner task 'Hail to the Duke, Baby!' is a nod to the film Army of Darkness, a cult classic. "Hail to the King, Baby" is a infamous line said by the star at the end of the film. This line was also referenced by Duke in the Duke Nukem series of games, along with many other pop culture references.
- The Easy task 'Berry tasty" is a reference to Strawberry Shortcake, a TV show for kids. The main character of this show, Strawberry, and her friends often use "berry" instead of "very".
- The Beginner task 'Very Potter' sounds like Harry Potter.
- The Easy task 'Draaaaaiiiiiins...' is a modification of 'Braaaaaiiiiiins...', which is commonly said by zombies in various fictional works.
- The Easy task 'Ratatouille' has the same name as the Disney-Pixar film "Ratatouille".
- The Hard Task "Not Waving, But Drowning" has the same name as the most famous poem of the renowned British poet Stevie Smith.
- After you have completed all the new non-set tasks you will get 177,000 Coins , one Red dye, one Magic staff, 60 Air rune, 60 Mind rune, 10 Cosmic rune, one Sapphire amulet and 5 Raw herring.
- All the Lumbridge and Draynor non-set tasks don't have to be completed in Lumbridge or Draynor.
- Killing normal (level 1) rats on floor 2 of the Stronghold of Security will be accepted for "Am I A Blademaster Yet?"
- "Dual Cabbageway" is a pun for dual carriageway.
- Rune Memories is a members only quest and somehow it is found at the Lumbridge/Draynor task. This task is impossible to complete for non-members. However, the task is not listed as a requirement for the Taskmaster Emote. The task Investigate the corruption at the Nexus is also only possible for members although it is not stated if it is required for the Taskmaster Emote.