|Main Music||Cave of the Goblins|
|Strongest Monster||Giant frog|
|Inhabitants/Race||Cave goblins, frogs, insects and slime|
Click the map to view a larger version.
The Lumbridge Swamp Caves are a member-only, dangerous cave system located beneath the Lumbridge Swamp. It is home to a variety of slayer monsters and is also known as the "slayer cave", although there are also some friendly faces within.
Players can net fish for frog spawn in these caves. This requires level 33 Fishing. Players may also fish for slimy eels and cave eels. Players will need 28 Fishing to catch slimy eels and 38 to catch cave eels.
To enter, players should bring a light source (preferably not an 'open' light source like a candle), rope, a spiny helmet (purchased from slayer masters), antipoisons or super antipoisons, and a tinderbox. If players enter the caves without a light source bugs will rapidly bite them hitting 10-100 and can kill the player quickly depending on their life points.
The main entrance to the caves is south of Lumbridge, between the water altar and the mining site. This is the most commonly used entrance. For the first time only, you will need a rope and a light source to enter. The minimap highlights the location of this entrance with an icon: . A spiny helmet/slayer helmet/full slayer helmet is very useful when using this entrance, as there is a wall beast in between the entrance and the rest of the caves.
The basement of Lumbridge Castle houses another entrance to the caves, though players must have started The Lost Tribe quest to use this route. First break through the loose wall in the south-east corner of the cellar, then go south and mine through the wall there. Players need not wear a spiny helmet if they simply wish to visit the Tears of Guthix Distraction and Diversion, as there are no wall beasts on the path there. You may want to be a level of at least 97 (beast levels are up to 119 so you may want to bring food).
Another, less common way to reach the caves, would be using the teleport option of the wicked hood to travel to the nearby Runecrafting Altar, lying close to the entrance.
Some areas of the cave contains swamp gas, which is highly flammable. In the instance that the player is in an area with swamp gas with an open light source, a message will appear in the text box, telling players that their light source flares brightly. It then ignites the gas and causes and explosion shortly afterward, extinguishing the light source in the process. This does around 100 to 200 damage to your life points, depending on the player's Constitution level. However, if players are quick enough, an explosion may be avoided by simply leaving the room with the swamp gas.
The following monsters are found in Lumbridge Swamp Caves:
- Big Frog - level 52, a smaller and weaker version of a giant frog.
- Cave Bug - level 7 Slayer required.
- Cave Crawler - Level 10 Slayer required. These can poison players, so antipoisons or super antipoisons are recommended.
- Cave Goblin - These are goblins which live underground.
- Cave Slime - Level 17 Slayer required. These are poisonous walking blobs of slime, which are Slayer assignments. They also drop level 1 clue scrolls.
- Giant Frog - Level 99. The toughest monster in these caves, although they are not aggressive.
- Rockslug - Level 20 Slayer required, bags of salt needed to kill.
- Wall Beast - Level 35 Slayer required, spiny helm needed for protection from attacks (there are holes in the wall where the beasts can attack you).
- Insects, attacks if a player does not have a light source, after some seconds. They will reduce lifepoints really fast, 1-10x3 lifepoints in one second.
The following non-player characters are found in Lumbridge Swamp Caves:
- Juna - the guardian to the Tears of Guthix cave
The following quests involve Lumbridge Swamp Caves:
- The Tears of Guthix quest and Distraction & Diversion take place entirely in the Lumbridge Swamp Caves.
- The Lost Tribe quest is involved (as if players fail the maze, they will fall into the caves).
- During the Death to the Dorgeshuun quest players must visit Juna.
- Players visit these caves during Another Slice of H.A.M..
- The Chosen Commander quest partly takes place in these caves.
- Players might need to enter the caves to go further during the Wanted! quest (frog legs).
- For the quest Rag and Bone Man players go down here to fight the level 24 frog, to get a leg bone.
- During While Guthix Sleeps, players have to enter the caves to search for an Ancient Guthix Temple.
- In some cases during Fairy Tale I - Growing Pains, players need to gather a cave eel to create Enchanted Secateurs.
- If you speak to a cave goblin and you don't have any light source, while you have a cat he will give you a lit torch.
- For some reason if you do not have a lantern and the bugs attack you the hitsplats are the same colour as a hitsplat damaging another person (with a normal attack).
- Sometimes, a glitch will occur when you climb in on the rope that you will acutally land on some rocks. However, being a glitch, you will take no damage from it.
- Sometimes, a glitch will occur with a fishing spot being available one square from the swamp pool. This is known to occur at the fishing spot to the south, although it is unknown whether the other fishing spot has the same glitch. A player IS able to fish at this spot.