The Lodestone Network is a teleportation system that permits travel to various locations across Gielinor via the Home Teleport spell. To unlock a location, an ancient lodestone in the area must be activated. To use a lodestone, you must locate, then activate it. Lodestones can be found as symbols on the minimap and on the world map, making locating them easy. The lodestones were built by the second Wizards' Tower wizards after the discovery of teleportational spells.
The Lodestone Network Tasks are a set of tasks that were released on 13 March 2012 alongside the Lodestone Network update. They consist of unlocking each lodestone with the exception of the lodestones in Burthorpe, Bandit Camp, Lumbridge, and Lunar Isle and yield no additional rewards.
After selecting Home Teleport, an interface will pop up, allowing you to choose where to teleport. A new player must complete all the introductory tasks in order to use this network. Otherwise, although they could not unlock the lodestones, they could only teleport to Lumbridge.
Vis wax chargingEdit
A player has the ability to use vis wax to charge their quick-teleports in the Lodestone Network, allowing for instant teleports. Each vis wax yields 10 charges by which 1 charge is consumed each teleport. A player may store a maximum of 4,000 charges. It costs 608.2 coins per quick-teleport. Instant lodestone teleports was an idea suggested on RuneLabs.
In proximity of the lodestonesEdit
- The lodestone closest to a bank is Prifddinas, but requires completion of Plague's End.
- The lodestone second closest to a bank is Lunar Isle, but requires completion of Lunar Diplomacy.
- The closest lodestone to a bank for free-to-play players is in Burthorpe.
- The Yanille lodestone is the closest to the Fairy Ring network.
- The Edgeville lodestone, however, is the closest to both a bank and a Fairy Ring.
- The Al Kharid lodestone is closest to the Gnome Glider network.
- The Port Sarim lodestone is closest to a Charter ship port.
- An agility shortcut at northwest wall of Grand Exchange is viable at level 21 Agility, which members can access Grand Exchange from Edgeville lodestone (through the shortcut) quicker than from Varrock lodestone. Varrock Teleport spell is faster than both but requires 25 Magic.
- The Falador lodestone is closest to both an Altar and a small obelisk to charge both your Prayer and Summoning points.
- If you have access to and have done the Canifis God Statue, the Canifis lodestone is the closest to an "altar".
- The Taverley lodestone is closest to a POH (at least level 10 construction), the Plank maker and a quite quick access to a bank.
- While the Yanille lodestone is also quite close, it requires level 50 construction to locate your home there, has no possibility of converting logs to planks and it takes more time to reach a bank.
- The Wilderness volcano lodestone is in the wilderness, and thus dangerous. You will be given a warning (the warning can be turned off, so beware) before teleporting and you will be asked to confirm if you really wish to go there.
- Players below combat level 15 should take care when using the Edgeville lodestone, as there is an aggressive mugger within range of the teleport spot.
- When the winter event is active, players should be wary of using the Fremennik lodestone, as it is close to one of Hati's spawn points.
The lodestone network's introduction has largely reduced the need for teleportation spells across all three spellbooks, as well as the use of Portal Chambers in a Player-owned house. However, most of the lodestones in the lodestone networks are situated far away from the major points of interests, unlike the teleportation spells, which is to compensate for the lack of runes required.
Map Icon Name Location Keyboard shortcut Members only Quick teleport level Image Minimap Lumbridge East of Lumbridge Castle. L No 10 Burthorpe Centre of Burthorpe, east of Warriors' Guild. B No 5 Lunar Isle South-west of the bank (if Lunar Diplomacy is completed). ALT+L Yes 75 Bandit Camp South-east of the Camp, surrounded by mystical mirrors (if Desert Treasure is completed). ALT+B Yes 80 Taverley South of POH Portal. T No 10 Al Kharid North of Al Kharid Palace. A No 15 Varrock South gate. V No 15 Edgeville West of the General Store. E No 40 Falador Outside north gate. F No 35 Port Sarim South of Gerrant's Fishy Business. P No 25 Draynor Village At the Crossroads, north of Draynor. D No 20 Ardougne North entrance (between potato and wheat patch). ALT+A Yes 60 Catherby North of fishing shop. C Yes 30 Yanille Outside the west gate. Y Yes 65 Seers' Village South of the Forester's Arms pub. S Yes 55 Eagles' Peak West of the Tree Gnome Stronghold, near Kathy Corkat. ALT+E Yes 45 Tirannwn In the clearing with the Elf Tracker. ALT+T Yes 75 Oo'glog Outside the north wall of the city, near the Monastery of Ascension. O Yes 65 Karamja Southwest of Brimhaven, near the Brimhaven Dungeon. K Yes 50 Canifis Next to Mazchna. ALT+C Yes 50 Wilderness Volcano South of the volcano, near one of the Wilderness obelisks, in level 15 W No 85 Fremennik Province East of Rellekka. ALT+F Yes 70 Ashdale Southeast of Ashdale Caves SHIFT+A No 5 Prifddinas The Tower of Voices (after completion of Plague's End) ALT+P Yes 90 JMod event lodestone Varies N/A No N/A N/A N/A Tuska Tuska's back T No N/A
- ^ This lodestone is only available during the third World Event, Tuska Comes.
- ^ This hotkey is only available when the lodestone network map is zoomed onto Tuska.
- Only 15 lodestones were available at first, but 7 more (Canifis, Eagles' Peak, Fremennik Province, Karamja, Oo'glog, Tirannwn, Wilderness Volcano) were added on 24 June 2013. The Ashdale lodestone was added on 12 May 2014 and the Prifddinas lodestone was added on 22 September 2014 making a total of 24.
- Each lodestone is detailed with the city crest of the city it's located in. The Home Teleport interface shows these seals as well.
- Even though the update page said that Edgeville was unlocked by default for players who've completed Desert Treasure, it was actually the desert Bandit Camp that was unlocked.
- On the Home Teleport interface, the Port Sarim crest is rectangular, however, on the lodestone it is a shield.
- A lodestone in real life is a natural magnet, generally naturally magnetised iron ore. The lodestones may be called what they are because, like a compass, they help you navigate around the world, or more likely they were associated with the power to attract other objects, before the discovery of magnetism. They were also considered to be strongly linked with magic as a source of power.
- If taking a drink of water in the desert after selecting the lodestone you wish to teleport to, the animation will have you standing up. The same thing occurs when taking poison damage.
- Before the lodestone network, home teleport could only bring you to Lumbridge (you could choose Burthorpe as well if you are member), Edgeville or Lunar Isle, depending on the spellbook used.
- You cannot use a Lodestone teleport from the Fishing Trawler minigame. Also, you cannot teleport when you have not jumped down from the area you stand immediately after completing/leaving a dungeoneering party.
- During the 2013 Christmas event Up to Snow Good, the Lumbridge Lodestone was made invisible because of the snow that covered Lumbridge. This also allowed the area where the lodestone was located to be walked over instead of around.
- On 17 February 2014 the Lodestone Network interface was updated. On free to play worlds members only parts of the map were greyed out and lodestone icons replaced with the membership sigil, clicking on which triggers the subscription form. All teleport locations received a description when a player hovers over an icon.
- Upon clicking the "Info" option of a J-Mod placed lodestone, it states: This lodestone has been placed by a J-Mod. This means there is an event going on near by. Look out for it.
|Wikipedia has an article about:|