|Release||18 October 2004 (Update)|
|The shadowy remains of a long departed soul.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|6 / 4 / 2|
|4 ticks (2.4s)|
Loar Shades lurk around Mort'ton and the nearby swamp regions surrounding the shade catacombs. They initially appear as dark greenish moving shadows (known as Loar Shadows) on the ground and then rise from the depths to attack or retaliate. Their remains can be cremated with any pyre logs.
The Salve amulet, Salve Amulet (e) and Gadderhammer work well on this shade and are very useful if shades are assigned for a slayer task. They are easy to defeat for players with a combat level of 70 or higher but they only drop their remains. Every shade does an attack that separates your soul from your body, which is very accurate, and may temporarily reduce your Strength level by one. It is a good idea to attack shades from a distance, or use fast hitting melee attacks to defeat this enemy as quick as possible to minimise food consumption.
|Ectoplasmator||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
- Loar Shades have an extremely large wander radius and can go over terrain such as water. They can follow players to as far as the Barrows entrance and the Burgh de Rott entrance. They are also capable of moving from water onto bridges in sections where the fence is broken.
- If attacked by one of these, after about a minute of not retaliating, Loar Shades will again become Loar Shadows and remain unaggressive for a few seconds.
- Loar Shades used to be aggressive. This was changed in a hidden update.
|Related to the Myreque quest series|
|Materials and tools||