|Release date||18 October 2004 (Update)|
|XP per kill||119 (and 39.2 experience)|
|Always drops||Loar remains|
|Examine text|| • A shadowy sort of entity, kind of creepy looking.|
• The shadowy remains of a long departed soul.
Loar Shades lurk around Mort'ton and the nearby swamp regions surrounding the shade catacombs. They initially appear as dark greenish moving shadows (known as Loar Shadows) on the ground and then rise from the depths to attack or retaliate. If the player is under combat level 117, they will attack constantly as there are many of them. They can slightly lower certain stats with their attacks, so players with lower combat levels might find it useful to take a stat restore potion. Their remains can be cremated with any pyre logs.
The Salve amulet, Salve Amulet (e) and Gadderhammer work well on this shade and are very useful if shades are assigned for a slayer task. They are easy to defeat for players with a combat level of 70 or higher but they only drop their remains. Every shade does an attack that separates your soul from your body, which is very accurate, and may temporarily reduce your Strength level by one. It is a good idea to attack shades from a distance, or use fast hitting melee attacks to defeat this enemy as quick as possible to minimise food consumption.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- Loar Shades have an extremely large wander radius and can go over terrain such as water. They can follow players to as far as the Barrows entrance and the Burgh de Rott entrance. They are also capable of moving from water onto bridges in sections where the fence is broken.
- If attacked by one of these, after about a minute of not retaliating, Loar Shades will again become Loar Shadows and remain unaggressive for a few seconds.