List of bank locations shows the available banks through RuneScape that is accessible to free players and members. Banks are indicated on the World map with the icon. There are over 80 banks throughout RuneScape.
Popular banks are good for trading, as many players tend to congregate at these banks. After the introduction of the Grand Exchange, the popularity of banks has diminished, and the number of players has reduced somewhat.
- The banks in Falador and Varrock are good trading spots, as well as the bank in Al Kharid for crafting items.
- The East bank of Falador used to be used for trading coal, due to the close proximity of the Mining Guild, and iron ore due to the Dwarven Mines and Rimmington mine also being nearby.
- In the resource dungeon in the Dwarven Mines, there is a deposit box for easy storage of coal and mithril ore.
- The bank in Varrock near the Grand Exchange (known as Varrock West Bank) is popular because of the many people banking and withdrawing items and coins for the Grand Exchange.
- Edgeville bank is one of the closest banks to the Wilderness, and players exploring in the wilderness often make use of the bank for supplies.
- The Grand Exchange area with its banks has also become a very busy bank at times with players buying almost anything.
- The banks in Ardougne, Seers' Village, and Catherby are popular banks on members-only worlds.
- Catherby has a roaring trade in raw and cooked fish due to its proximity to a range and fishing spots.
- Seers' Village is full of alchemists, as yew and magic logs are cut there, flax is picked, and nature runes are sold to players who wish to cast High Level Alchemy on the final products from Fletching the former materials into bows.
- In Burgh de Rott (accessible during the quest In Aid of the Myreque) when repaired, can be teleported to with the Drakan's medallion.
The following banks are available to all players.
- Port Sarim:
- Deposit box located near the Monks of Entrana.
- Gamers' Grotto:
- Black Knights' Fortress
- At the southwest end of town, near the boat to Daemonheim.
- Death's office
- In front of the desk
- Dwarven Mine:
- In the central part of the town, on the west bank
- Draynor Village:
- East of the market and fishing spots.
- Runecrafting Guild:
- Wizards' Tower:
- Top floor of the tower; deposit chest near Wizard Finix.
- Al Kharid
- Duel Arena
- At the entrance and in a tent north of the arena.
- To the North of the arena in Fadli's tent.
- Right outside the castle is the Fremennik Banker.
- All cape merchants other than Richard allow bank access as long as the player is not in combat.
- William - Level 35 ~ 48 around Red Dragon Isle or by the Demonic Ruins, sometimes seen near the perimeter of a spider-invaded hill
- Ian - Level 31 Forgotten Cemetery
- Larry - Clan Wars arena, in the Gamers' Grotto
- Darren - West of the Lava Maze
- Edward - Level 45 far east of Demonic Ruins, in the "New Castle"
- Neil - Level 32 Bandit Camp
- Edmond - East of the hobgoblin mine. Sometimes inside the Wilderness Volcano.
- Sam - Level 19 east of Dark Warriors' Fortress
- Simon - Level 13 Chaos Temple
- Mage Arena:
- Northernmost part of the Wilderness, accessible through a teleport lever in a small hut next to the Mage Arena. Being teleblocked will prevent access.
Best banks in F2PEdit
- Besides possibly the bank at Black Knights' Fortress, the best bank is at the Clan Camp in Falador. Players can use a Clan vexillum to teleport to the Clan portal, which is 5 seconds away from a bank chest north-west of the portal.
- Another option is banking at Daemonheim, as it takes 12 seconds to teleport to Daemonheim with a Ring of kinship and 8 seconds to bank the banker.
- If a player doesn't have access to a Ring of kinship, the next best bank is the bank at Burthorpe, as it takes 22 seconds to perform a lodestone teleport and 4 seconds to get to the bank counter.
The following banks are available to members only.
- Inside the Rogues' Den. Closest bank to an everlasting fire.
- Inside the Customs Office is a locker serving as a deposit box. Requires Rocking Out to be started or finished.
- Port Sarim:
- Living Rock Caverns:
- The pulley lift in Farli's camp works as a deposit box.
- Mobilising Armies:
- Northwest corner of the base.
- South of the pools, requires As a First Resort.
- Barbarian Outpost:
- There is a bank chest at Barbarian Assault.
- North of the Burgher's house is a hut with four bank chests.
- Miscellania and Etceteria:
- There is a bank on Etceteria behind the castle.
- Lunar Isle
- Beside the docks and to the east of the candle shop. Closest bank to an allotment.
- Seers' Village:
- North of the Courthouse and east of the Elemental Workshop.
- East Ardougne:
- Near the bank of the River Dougne in the north part of the city.
- Slightly southwest of the marketplace.
- At the east side of the town.
- Legends' Guild:
- Up the east ladder on the 2ndUK] there is a bank. floor[
- Ourania Cave:
- Castle Wars:
- A bank chest is located at the south side of the entrance, near the Zamorak portal.
- Tree Gnome Stronghold:
- Piscatoris Fishing Colony:
- Port Khazard:
- Near the Fishing Trawler is a deposit box.
- TzHaar City:
- Shilo Village:
- Located in the southern part of the village. Shilo Village quest must be completed.
- Tai Bwo Wannai:
- Herblore Habitat:
- At the south end of the habitat is a deposit box.
- At the southern end of town.
- Beneath the building in the northeast, discovered during Contact!, and accessible after said quest.
- Shantay Pass:
- A bank chest sits near the gateway. Closest bank to Kalphite Lair if travelling on foot.
- Bedabin Camp:
- A deposit box can be found along the shore north of the camp. Requires Deadliest Catch.
- Dominion Tower:
- Bank chest along the west wall.
- On every floor after a battle, inaccessible if on Endurance mode.
- East of the pub.
- Mort Myre Swamp:
- Port Phasmatys:
- Burgh de Rott:
- The Lair of Tarn Razorlor:
- At the south-eastern corner of the city.
- Elf Camp:
- South of the camp is a deposit box. Requires Deadliest Catch.
- Tower of Voices, with two bankers and four Grand Exchange clerks
- Crwys Clan area, western side, close to Lord Crwys
- Meilyr Clan area, south eastern side, east of the eastern Harmony Pillars
- Hefin Clan area, south western side at the start of the Hefin Agility Course
- Ithell Clan area, in their clan tower at the Ithell herald
- Iorwerth Clan area, inside the dungeon of the Rush of Blood D&D
- Trahaearn Clan area, in their clan tower at the Trahaearn herald
- Cadarn Clan area, inside the Max Guild, with two bankers and a Grand Exchange clerk
- God Wars Dungeon:
- Void Knights' Outpost:
- North of the Pest Control landers.
- Mos Le'Harmless:
- In the centre of town, next to the clothes store.
- At Trouble Brewing lobby is a deposit box.
- Harmony Island:
- A deposit box is located along the west shore after Deadliest Catch.
- Soul Wars:
- Directly east of the portal to Edgeville.
- Northeast section of the market area.
- Tuai Leit:
- At the centre of the island.
- At the centre of the island.
- A walking banking crablet wanders around the island.
- Tuska's corpse
- At the north of the corpse.
- On the west side of the city (must have completed Lost City quest).
- Near the entrance, requires Death to the Dorgeshuun.
- Grim Underworld
- By the war table during and after Nomad's Elegy.
- Tool leprechauns and their elven counterparts will note farming produce if it is used on them, saving much needed inventory space. They cannot do the opposite, though.
Former bank locationsEdit
- Dragontooth Island bank chest. Removed due to glitching and lack of use.
- Gnomecopter Tours deposit boxes. Replaced with Beefy Bill.
- Tutorial Island bank. Closed due to phasing out of Tutorial Island. On 15 March 2011, all accounts remaining on the island were moved to Lumbridge, rendering the bank inaccessible to anyone.
- Wilderness Volcano bank. Closed due to the return of Wilderness PKing. The area where the bank was is no longer a safe zone. The main use of this bank has been replaced by a bank chest in the Gamers' Grotto.