|Release date||7 June 2011 (Update)|
|Quest NPC?||Deadliest Catch|
|Notable features||One of the seven Signature Heroes.|
Linza is mainly interested in things related to Smithing or other handicrafts. She is always interested to learn of new techniques or materials for Smithing. She does not like machines with moving parts, preferring the simplicity of a balanced sword.
Not much is yet known about Linza's past. According to the loading screen, she has travelled around Gielinor and picked up different techniques e.g. blurite, elemental, barbarian and dragon smithing.
Like the other Signature Heroes, Linza can be found in many different places.
Places that Linza may visit for short times include:
- In the Mining Guild.
- In the Crafting Guild.
- At the anvils in Dorgesh-Kaan.
- At the furnace in Al Kharid.
- At the Blast Furnace.
- Near the statue of the Giant Dwarf in Keldagrim.
- At the Dragon forge in the Ancient Cavern.
- Chipping at the walls east of the reward shop at Daemonheim.
- In the mining part of the Crafting Guild.
Places that Linza may be found at any time include:
Quest and Miniquest AppearancesEdit
Linza appears in the following quests and miniquests:
- In the quest Deadliest Catch, Linza is smithing at the anvils at Hemenster.
- Although she does not appear, Linza is mentioned in the Fremennik Saga Three's Company, wherein Ariane, Ozan, and Sir Owen are finding new Smithing ores and techniques for her.
- Linza appears in the opening cutscene for the Burthorpe tutorial, where she smiths a sword that she gives to the player. She then waits outside a mine that the player and Ozan enter to search for trolls. She is also freed from a cave in by the player.
- Linza was smithing a red sword during Deadliest Catch, leading some to believe that it was a Dragon Sword, but it has been confirmed that it was merely very hot.
- There is a loading screen message saying that Linza may teach the player blurite, elemental, barbarian or dragon smithing, hinting at possible future releases. Though this may also mean the already existing techniques to smith blurite, elemental, barbarian, dragon.
- After completing Elemental Workshop I she thanks for re-opening the Elemental Workshop and says that the elemental bars are hard to smith despite her high ability in smithing.
- After the completion of While Guthix Sleeps Linza will speak to the player about lighting the Dragon forge and using the Blast fusion hammer even if the player never lit the Dragon forge, lacks 92 Smithing, and hasn't obtained a blast fusion hammer.