|Release date||7 June 2011 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||Deadliest Catch, Kindred Spirits|
Linza is mainly interested in things related to Smithing or other handicrafts. She is always interested to learn of new techniques or materials for smithing. She does not like machines with moving parts, preferring the simplicity of a balanced sword.
Not much is yet known about Linza's past. According to the loading screen, she has travelled around Gielinor and picked up different techniques e.g. blurite, elemental, barbarian and dragon smithing.
Like the other Signature Heroes, Linza can be found in many different places. However, after Kindred Spirits, she no longer appears.
Linza can be found in several random locations. She visits each for five minutes before teleporting to another. Possible locations are:
- Al Kharid, at the furnace
- Ancient Cavern's dragon forge
- Crafting Guild
- Daemonheim, chipping at the walls east of the reward shop
- Dorgesh-Kaan, at the anvil found in the southern part of the city
- Keldagrim, at the Blast Furnace anvils
- Mining Guild, western side
Places that Linza may be found at any time include:
- On the 1st floor[ of the ]Legends' Guild, with all the other Signature Heroes. She no longer appears here after completion of Kindred Spirits.
Quest and miniquest appearancesEdit
Linza appears in the following quests and miniquests:
- In the quest Deadliest Catch, Linza is smithing at the anvils at Hemenster. During the quest, she reminisces about her experiences with hunting the mythical Crackjaw, and helps the player by giving them a giant harpoon in exchange for one of Thalassus's teeth.
- Although she does not appear, Linza is mentioned in the Fremennik Saga Three's Company, wherein Ariane, Ozan, and Sir Owen are finding new Smithing ores and techniques for her.
- Linza appeared in the old pre-eoc opening cutscene for the Burthorpe tutorial, where she smiths a sword that she gives to the player. She then waits outside a mine that the player and Ozan enter to search for trolls. The player also freed her from a mining cave-in.
- Linza is involved in the quest Kindred Spirits. During the quest, it is revealed that she stole the knowledge and materials for dragon smithing from the Dragonkin and betrayed the Player to Sliske in exchange for protection. She is betrayed by Sliske and turned into a wight, Linza the Disgraced.
- Linza was smithing a red sword during Deadliest Catch, leading some to believe that it was a dragon sword, but it has been confirmed that it was merely very hot.
- There used to be a loading screen message saying that Linza may teach the player blurite, elemental, barbarian or dragon smithing, hinting at possible future releases. Though this may also mean there are already existing techniques to smith blurite, elemental, barbarian, dragon.
- After completing Elemental Workshop I, she thanks the player for re-opening the Elemental Workshop and says that the elemental bars are hard to smith despite her proficiency in smithing.
- After the completion of While Guthix Sleeps, Linza will speak to the player about lighting the dragon forge and using the blast fusion hammer even if the player never lit the dragon forge, lacks 92 Smithing, and hasn't obtained a blast fusion hammer.
- As revealed in the third Above the Lore podcast, Linza is around 39 years old.
- Linza is the third one of the Signature Heroes to die (after Sir Owen and Xenia).