Life points are a statistic belonging to every player and monster that determines their current strength in continuing combat. Death occurs when an entity is reduced to 0 life points. All entities with life points slowly heal over time naturally.
All monsters have a predetermined maximum amount of life points. They will slowly regenerate life over time, and most monsters will fully heal immediately if they are out of combat for too long. For players, the maximum amount of life points is determined by their Constitution level. Every level gives 100 life points to the base amount, starting at 1,000 for level 10, and capping at 9,900 with skill mastery. Life points are also given by higher level armours, granting a permanent increase to maximum for as long as they are worn. Certain foods and potions (such as rocktail) can heal beyond maximum life points, but these extra points will slowly drain over time similar to the natural healing mechanic. A small boost to life points can be gained by stoking a bonfire with 5 logs.
The absolute maximum amount of life points players can have, while temporary, is 17,312. This is derived from:
- Player health and equipment
- Bonfires boost the maximum life points cap by up to 5% of the total life points originating from the Constitution level and worn equipment. This amounts to up to +495 at 99 Constitution, and an additional +187 while wearing the best life point boosting equipment available in Daemonheim - i.e. tier 99 head, body, legs, and shield slot items - and then bonfiring inside the dungeon. The boost is re-calculated each time upon bonfiring or logging in, but lasts as long as the current longest initiated timer. This means that you can pre-bonfire to set a long timer, and then enter a dungeon and buy the cheapest logs from the Smuggler to re-calculate the life point boost by bonfiring again. Without using Daemonheim equipment, the highest possible life point boost derived from worn equipment while bonfiring would be +158.
- The thermal bath, or an Ogre flask (thermal), boosts the maximum life points cap by +3 per Constitution level, for a maximum of +297 at 99 Constitution.
- Fortitude increases the maximum life points cap by +10 plus +10 per Constitution level, for a total of +1,000 at 99 Constitution.
- Final boost
Lost life points can be recovered, primarily by eating food or drinking certain potions. Being in close vicinity of a banker or banking facility will rapidly heal life points to full. Additionally, the thermal bath in Oo'glog and the Elidinis Statuette in Nardah can completely restore a player's life points as well.
There are also several items, abilities, and pieces of equipment that restore health under certain circumstances such as by manually deploying an item, falling below a health threshold, and gaining life points based on damage inflicted.
- Advanced pulse core
- Calorie bomb (swordfish) (monkfish) (shark) (cavefish) (rocktail) (sailfish)
- Portent of death and life
- Portent of degradation and restoration
- Snowy knight
- Blood necklaces
- Defence cape (trimmed) (master)
- Enhanced Excalibur
- Guthan the Infested's equipment
- Guthix and Saradomin bow
- Onyx bolts (e)
- Phoenix necklace
- Saradomin godsword
- Scrimshaw of vampyrism (superior)
- Sign of death and life
- Vampyric blood essence
- Vampyrism aura
- Balanced Strike
- Guthix's Blessing
- Ice Asylum
Spells and prayers
- Bunyip - Swallow Whole, passive healing
- Fire, Ice, and Moss titan - Titan's Constitution
- Unicorn stallion - Healing Aura
- Vampyre bat - Vampyre Touch
- Void spinner - passive healing
When players are not in combat, they regenerate their life points at a slow rate of 0.1% every 6 seconds which can be helpful when performing skills that result in occasional damage, such as Agility and Thieving. There are multiple ways to increase the amount of life points a player can recover per minute and several of them can be used at the same time to stack their potency.
- Constitution cape (trimmed) (master)
- Rapid Heal and Rapid Renewal
- Regeneration aura
- Regen bracelet
- Resting and musicians
Highest life pointsEdit
|200,000,000||Party Demon[h 1]|
|3,000,000||Nex: Angel of Death|
|850,000||Avatar of Amascut[h 1]|
|Life points||Summoning familiar|
- ^ a b c d This monster is no longer in game or only exists during certain events
- ^ This is a total using 1,000,000 for each pool and 150,000 per mirage
- ^ This is a total using 250,000 life points for each of the 11 phases in hard mode
- ^ This is the amount for a single pool
- ^ This is the amount when Telos has at least 300% enrage
- ^ Hard Mode; 200,000 life points for each of Nomad's four phases
Highest life point boosting armoursEdit