This guide explains how to train on Lesser demons using F2P items and at F2P locations.
- Crandor and Karamja Dungeon
- Wizards' Tower
- Melzar's Maze
- Wilderness Volcano
A rapid way to kill demons and bank their drops or pick up food is to use the explorer's ring 3. Cabbage-port, run to the pier, go to the Karamja dungeon, kill demons, cabbage-port when you have enough, and deposit the drops at the deposit box near the Entrana ship or pick up food at the Draynor bank. The ring will double up as an emergency teleport as its animation is unhindered by attacks.
- Full rune armour or better
- Rune weapon, preferably scimitar or Silverlight
- Rune kiteshield or Rune berserker shield 100 if not using a Rune 2h Sword
- Explorer's ring 4>Explorer's ring 3
- Amulet of Power (Amulet of Strength and Amulet of Defence work as well)
- Batwing boots>Fighting boots/Fancy boots
- Rune gauntlets>Blue d'hide vambraces
- Lobsters or Swordfish.
- Strength Potions (optional)
- Accursed Urn(s) (optional)
- A Lobster pot/Harpoon (if on Karamja; can use the one on toolbelt)
- A hatchet (if on Karamja; can use the one on toolbelt)
- A tinderbox (if on Karamja; can use the one on toolbelt)
Lesser Demons are aggressive, so you must have food on you while training. It is recommended you are combat level 150 or over (post-EoC), or they will attack at every opportunity they get. Whenever out of food, the player should go to the fishing pier on the north-eastern part of the island and fish either lobsters or swordfish.
If you decide going to Wilderness Volcano, head to the former Bounty Hunter volcano. Go a little north, pass the Greater demons, Ankous, and Hellhounds. Players venturing there may want to be aware of the PKers in the wilderness.
- Blue d'hide coif>Batwing hood>Rune full helm>Carapace helm
- Blue d'hide body>Green d'hide body
- Blue d'hide chaps>Green d'hide chaps
- Gravite shortbow>Magic Shortbow
- Steel/Mithril/Adamant/Rune Arrows
- Blue d'hide vambs>Green d'hide vambs
- Explorer's Ring 4>Explorer's Ring 3
- Amulet of power>Amulet of Defence/Amulet of Accuracy
- Batwing boots>Carapace boots
- Magic shieldbow (Healing)
- 24 Lobsters/Swordfish (Lesser Demons are now able to use magic-based ranged attacks after EoC)
- Accursed urns (Optional)
The safe spot no longer works as lesser demons are now able to utilize magic attacks on unreachable targets. The lesser demons however, are weak to ranged attacks, especially crossbow bolts. However, players are highly advised to use the strongest possible arrows that the player can afford in bulk for training purposes. When killing lessers, players should cycle Ranged abilities to maxmise DPS, and to utilise Deadshot and Rejuvenation whenever possible.
- Gravite staff>Bat wand with Bat book>Mindspike>Tower mindspike>Staff of Air/Water/Earth/Fire
- Arcane Pulse Necklace >Amulet of Magic>Amulet of Power
- Explorer's ring 4>Explorer's Ring 3
- Team cape
- Batwing hood
- Batwing torso
- Batwing legs
- Batwing boots
- Batwing gloves
- Bat wand and Batwing shield
- 10+ Lobsters/Swordfish
- Expensive spices (optional)
- Air runes and fire runes for Fire Blast
- Law runes for Telekinetic Grab (optional)
- Nature runes and noted item for High Level Alchemy (optional)
- Accursed urns (optional)
- Sonic Wave
- Home teleport
- Telekinetic Grab
- High Level Alchemy
Stand in the center of the 7 Lesser Demons in the Karamja Volcano dungeon or the 7+ Lesser Demons in the Karamja Volcano resource dungeon (level 25 Dungeoneering required). Hop worlds if there are other players.
Attack the Lesser Demons with your abilities as follows:
- Combust when the Lesser Demon has high health
- Chain when the Lesser Demon has low health
- Asphyxiate and Omnipower when the Lesser Demon has high health, wait for a new kill if necessary
- Use Rejuvenate when it is ready (switch to your Bat wand and Batwing shield and attack Lesser Demons until Rejuvenate fully completes, then immediately switch back to your Gravite staff or other primary weapon)
For maximum experience, do NOT run to loot the items dropped by the Lesser Demons. Instead, in between attacks, cast telekinetic grab and high level alchemy on the items listed below. In between attacks, you may also cast high level alchemy on the item you brought specifically for this purpose to gain even more experience.
Training prayer by scattering the Accursed ashes significantly lowers experience per hour.
Advantages and DisadvantagesEdit
- Lesser demons are weak against Ranged attacks, and can average 15-20 seconds per kill with a decent Ranged set-up.
- Drop Rune helms, which give 11,520 gold when High Level Alchemy is cast on it.
- Due to an update you may also use demon's ashes to train prayer meanwhile.
- Lesser demons have 5000 life points, making them tedious to kill in order to get the experience.
- Often, in the Karamja volcano and in the wilderness volcano (on worlds with a lot of people), the lesser demons are crowded, making killing more competitive.
- Silverlight is effective on them, but it is not very accurate at times.