Leech Curses are prayers from the Ancient Curses prayer book. Players need to have completed The Temple at Senntisten to access these prayers. Once players have completed the quest, they can switch to the Ancient Curses prayer book by praying at the Altar of Zaros in the Zarosian temple beneath the Digsite. The Leech curses drain the player's opponent chosen attack style by 10%. This will increase to 25% over time. When the curse is deactivated, the initial 10% that was drained will be immediately restored to your opponent's stat, however, any subsequent drain that had occurred since activation will slowly regenerate over time as usual.
The Leech curses will also boost the player's level by 5%, increasing to 10% over time.
Leech curses drain one opponent; after kills, boosted leeches reset, and do not carry across opponents. You can drain 10%, rising to 25% of an opponent, and upon fighting a new opponent, this drain restarts at only 10%, to re-rise in time to 25% again. Player boosts of 5%, rising to 10%, do carry across, however, providing that the player is supplied with more drains to sustain the 5%+.
The amulet of zealots will increase the percentage on all of the leech curses besides Leech Energy and Leech Special Attack to 15%, rising to 20%. Upon deactivation of the prayer, the initial 5% boost will immediately be removed from your stats. Any more boosts will slowly drop down.
|Leech Attack||74||Boosts Attack by 5%, increasing to 10% over time. Drains enemy Attack by 10%, increasing to 25% over time.|
|Leech Ranged||76||Boosts Ranged by 5%, increasing to 10% over time. Drains enemy Ranged by 10%, increasing to 25% over time.|
|Leech Magic||78||Boosts Magic by 5%, increasing to 10% over time. Drains enemy Magic by 10%, increasing to 25% over time.|
|Leech Defence||80||Boosts Defence by 5%, increasing to 10% over time. Drains enemy Defence by 10%, increasing to 25% over time.|
|Leech Strength||82||Boosts Strength by 5%, increasing to 10% over time. Drains enemy Strength by 10%, increasing to 25% over time.|
|Leech Energy||84||Boosts run energy, while draining enemy run energy by up to 10%.|
|Leech Adrenaline||86||Boosts adrenaline while draining enemy adrenaline by up to 10%. It does not work on monsters, as they cannot use abilities.|
- There is a graphical glitch that can sometimes occur to the leech curses at Clan Wars, Player-owned houses, and other portal-accessed PvP areas. One or more leech curses may appear outside of the portal and move very slowly in a random direction. It is not known how or why the glitch is caused, nor has it been addressed by Jagex.
- There is currently a glitch in PvP combat with these curses that causes the 10% drain to continue affecting a player target if either person leaves a PvP zone. This can even occur after the target or the user dies, and potentially carry on for several minutes (although no additional drains will be applied.) The only known way to fix this is to log out and back in, but on extremely rare occasions the drain can exist for a few seconds even after the target logs out and back in. This has not been fixed yet.
- There is a glitch that occurs in Soul Wars that if a player has leech curses on and dies, the leech curse will come out of the player's respawn point and travel all the way back to the person it was cast on, sometimes going across the entire Soul Wars area. This has not yet been fixed.
- There is a glitch where leech curses will not work while the player is autocasting another spell. This has yet to be fixed.
- The sound of the leech curse happening is likely to be the sound of someone sucking blood.