|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High Alch||75 coins|
|Low Alch||50 coins|
|Store price|| 113 coins|
|Exchange price||190 coins (info)|
|Examine||Used for teleport spells.|
For non-members, the main source of law runes is from monster drops; most monsters that drop runes may occasionally drop law runes. Members can create law runes using the Runecrafting skill at level 54 at the Law altar on Entrana gaining 9.5 experience. Non-members can only craft law runes in Daemonheim dungeons at level 54, giving 0.19 experience per essence.
Use in spellsEdit
Only members can cast these spells:
Buying law runesEdit
From non-player charactersEdit
Members may purchase law runes for 378 coins from:
- The Lundail's Arena-side Rune Shop in the Mage Arena
- The Wizards' Guild also known as the Magic Guild
- The Tutab's Magical Market rune shop on Ape Atoll
- Ali Morrisane (after completing The Feud quest) in north-eastern part of Al Kharid, for 374 coins
From other playersEdit
|Price / Experience comparison|
|Grand Exchange price||GP / Exp|
|Soul rune||124||11.3 (craftable at Ourania altar only)|
Before the update of the Grand Exchange, Law Runes were sometimes slightly more expensive in free to play worlds. The only way to obtain Law Runes if you're a free player is from monster drops, and thus prices ranged up to and over 1k a rune. Members worlds saw similar prices. Now with the Grand Exchange, however, the price remains the same in either game type.
Any player can buy or sell law runes on the Grand Exchange. The base price fluctuates slightly, but it tends to remain around 330 to 340 coins. The current price is 190 coins (according to the Grand Exchange Market Watch).
Outside of the Exchange, players once could often be seen in banks, buying a single law for use in unplanned teleports, almost always for 1k. With the advent of teleport tabs, this practice is now relatively rare, as teletabs can be used regardless of magic level and are generally bought (individually) at the same price.
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Dark wizard 7-22 3 Common Cockroach soldier 53 1–20 Common Hill giant 28 2 Uncommon Moss giant 42 3–6 Uncommon
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Rare drop table N/A 45 Rare
Crafting law runesEdit
Members can make their own law runes from pure essence if they go to the law altar with a law talisman in their inventory or whilst wearing a law tiara or omni-tiara, wielding a law staff or wearing a wicked hood with a law talisman added. They need level 54 Runecrafting, and gain 9.5 experience points for every pure essence used. The law altar is located in the north-east of Entrana.
Prior to the Law Talisman Changes update on the 7 May 2008, players could only obtain the law talisman as a reward from completing the Troll Stronghold quest. The law talisman is no longer a reward from that quest, but rather, a drop from various monsters. Now, players can obtain a Law talisman or tiara through trading or by purchase from the Grand Exchange. Many more players can now enter the law altar.
There are three efficient ways to access the law altar (each without any armour or weapons):
- Abyss: Players have to run from Edgeville to the Abyss, enter the Law portal, craft the runes, then teleport back to Edgeville using Amulet of Glory or a Varrock teletab or with runes.
- Balloon transport system: Player have to run from Castle Wars to the balloon, Entrana balloon to altar, craft the runes, then teleport back to Castle Wars using Ring of Duelling.
- Runecrafting Teleport Tablets: If player has the time (and tolerance to stressful, fast-paced activities), players can buy Law altar teleport tablets for 43 Runecrafting guild tokens (around 6k each in gold coins). As said before, getting the teleport tablets can be quite time-consuming, however, the rewards are great. Using 24 teleport tablets, 3 Ring of duellings and small through large pouches, a player can craft 1000 law runes in around 18 minutes.
The time taken by both the Abyss and Balloon Transport is nearly the same (a bit more than 1 minute). The Castle Wars route is safer but uses more energy potions or super energy potions in order to run for a longer period of time.
- Note: It is impossible to use Law altar tablets while wielding or carrying any weapons or armour. This means that the player must use either a Law tiara, Omni tiara, Law talisman or Law talisman staff, as the Omni-talisman Staff has equipment stats and thus cannot be brought onto Entrana. The Law talisman staff can be brought on, as it provides no stat bonuses, and the monks of Entrana will allow it on the island.
- Another method uses the Explorer Ring 3 or 4. You need to bring an Explorer's Ring, Ring of Kinship, pure essence and a Law Talisman/Talisman Staff/Tiara. Having pouches also helps as usual. Teleport to the Cabbage Field and run to the Entrana ship. Put the Explorer Ring in the Deposit Box and enter the boat. Run to the Law Altar at the North-East and enter. Craft the essence into Law runes and teleport to Daemonheim. Go to the bank in Daemonheim and get your Explorer Ring back and your essence. Teleport to the Cabbage Field and do the rest again and again. Remember not to destroy the ring. Just put it in the Deposit Box otherwise you'll have no teleport to Port Sarim.
- With Farming level 83, plant a Spirit tree at Port Sarim and use the following route: Ring of Duelling to Mobilising Armies -> Bank -> Spirit Tree to Port Sarim -> Take ship to Entrana -> Craft law runes -> Use Ring of Duelling again and repeat.
- Use Ancient Magicks book. Home Tele Edge -> Bank -> cabbage teleport -> deposit ring -> craft laws -> repeat
- With the lodestone system, you can now get to the law altar by teleporting to the Port Sarim lodestone, which is very close to the ship. Then use any banking method (you can also use the Burthorpe lodestone for a quick bank) and repeat.
For those who cannot craft their own runes, law running can be a very effective way to obtain law runes and make a profit. In law running, a player travels back and forth from a bank to the law altar in Entrana, supplying runecrafters with unnoted pure essence in exchange for law runes, noted essence, or both.
- The most law runes required for a spell are 3, for the Heal Group spell.
- After the update, the scales symbol on the law rune brightened into the colour of soul runes, so players looking at the item on the floor can mistake it for a soul rune at first.
- The symbol on the rune is the Scales of Justice.
- The value of 1 law rune in Mobilising Armies is 114 investment credits.
- If law runes are bound in Daemonheim, the spells that need law runes will not light up though players can still cast them.