|Release date||13 June 2005 (Update)|
|High Alch||4 coins|
|Low Alch||2 coins|
|Store price|| 1, 1, 15, 1 |
|Exchange price||22 coins (info)|
|Examine||A combined earth and fire rune.|
Lava runes are combination runes. They count as two separate runes: one Fire rune and one Earth rune. Thus, any spell requiring one Fire rune, one Earth rune or both will spend only one Lava Rune. They can be purchased from the Mage Training Arena, North of the Duel Arena.
Dropping monsters Edit
Levels 1 to 99 Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Gnoeals 84, 93 12–13 Uncommon Dried zombie 89, 94, 110 25 Common Scarab Mage 93 20 Rare Locust ranger 98 20 Very rare Locust rider 68,98,106 20 Very rare
Levels 100 and above Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Tormented demon 450 20–45 Common WildyWyrm 382 , 562 50 – 950 Common Brutal green dragon 227 35 Uncommon Dried zombie 89, 94, 110 25 Uncommon Locust lancer 109 20 Rare Locust rider 68,98,106 20 Very rare TzHaar-Mej 103 10–40 Very rare
Creating the RuneEdit
Level required to craft lava runes is 23. It can be done in two ways:
- using fire rune together with fire talisman and pure essence at the earth altar
- using earth rune together with earth talisman and pure essence at the fire altar
Tiaras can't be used in place of talismans while crafting combination runes. The talisman is consumed during crafting, unless the player uses the Lunar spell Magic imbue.
Using a Binding Necklace, you will have a 100% chance of creating lava runes.
- Lava Runes are used for the quest Swan Song.
- 100 Lava runes are also required to build a Volcanic habitat in a POH's Menagerie.
- The Lava battlestaff provides an infinite amount of these runes when equipped.
- As with all combination runes, the most needed for a spell is 30, for the Charge Orb spell series.
- Lava runes were released with the Abyss update.
- The Lava runes inventory icon, along with the other combination runes, was unaffected by the update on 9 June 2010. The other runes were slightly twisted.