|Release||15 August 2016 (Update)|
|Destroy||Your item will be destroyed permanently and it may not be reclaimable.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Examine||Perhaps if you listened to it you might hear the ocean.|
A large shell is an item which can be obtained randomly while skilling during the Summer Beach Party in 2016 and 2017. It has a "listen" option where the player will hear a message from the shell. When clicked 10 times the player receives the title, [Name] the Sunkissed.
Dialogue messages include:
- Are you fishing for compliments? I'm not going to take the bait.
- Are you keeping your head above the water?
- Eww, this place is a real dive.
- How's the education system here? There are lots of schools where I'm from.
- I don't want to get tide down, so I'm not going to give you a line.
- I'm not really a fan of seafood.
- It's difficult to work hard when you just want to coast.
- Oh conch you see, you belong to me... I'll be watching you.
- Relax. You really need to come out of your shell.
- Taking me away from the ocean, huh? How conchtroversial.
- Water you doing? You've reely hooked me in.
- What are you angling for?
- What the shell are you looking at!?
- When you put me against your ear, I can hear the ocean!
- You're quite the catch. Sea what I did there?
There is a chance that the following message appears: Water spurts out of the conch shell and cools you down slightly. Should this occur, the player's temperature is reduced by 0.5–1%. This can happen at 100%, but re-filling the thermometer will not count as another maxed thermometer.
If listened to the shell many times (anywhere from once to over a hundred), a hermit crab will emerge from the shell, jump out of the player's hand, and scuttle away, causing the shell to vanish. Another shell can then be obtained. Adding the shell to the action bar and holding down the associated keybind is a quick and easy way to deplete the shell without interrupting other actions.
- The message "Oh conch you see, you belong to me... I'll be watching you." is a reference to the song Every Breath You Take by The Police.
- There is a glitch, where walking/running animation can be stopped when the key bound to the large shell is used during the animation. Doing so will teleport the player a short distance if the player is set to move far enough. This glitch has not been fixed. It can be replicated by holding down the key bound to the shell while running or walking.