|Examine|| Puppy - Soft but strong... and cute.|
Adult - My most faithful friend.
A Labrador puppy can be bought from any Pet shop for 500 coins. It is a non-combat pet who simply follows your character around. The Labrador has two stages, puppy and adult. Labradors may be yellow-white, brown or greyish black in colour. Labradors, like all dogs, eat raw beef, raw bear meat, raw beast meat and raw rat meat, but not chicken, rabbit, Raw bird meat, raw yak meat, or any kind of fish. Labrador puppies will happily gnaw on bones when you give some to them, Labradors will not eat raw chicken (undead) or raw beef (undead).
The puppy will grow 1% for every 11% hunger. The most common colour for the Labrador is greyish black, but is often yellow-white. As an adult it can still be fed, although it does not grow up any further. At level 14 Summoning, players can understand the Labrador.
- The examine option for this pet as a puppy is a reference to the Andrex puppy, the Labrador mascot of a brand of British toilet paper.
- The 'Lab' uses the word "Eh" at the end of every sentence which could be referring to the stereotypical Canadian usage of the word, and the eastern Canadian province Newfoundland and Labrador.
- The Lab was the first breed of dog, or any pet, to be sold in alternate colours. The colour was black as a puppy but grew into a white adult.
- Even when you examine someone else's Labrador, It still says "My most faithful friend."
- A yellow lab is seen in the pet shop signs.
- A labrador will bark when it's hunger goes to an increment of 5.
- If you feed your dog bones it will say "yap yap!" and eat them, but this will have no affect on it's hunger percentage.
- When around the Grand Exchange, the dog will sometimes go slanted and appear to be hovering. This happens on the border around the tiled areas. Whether this works for other pets is unknown.
|Solomon's General Store|
|Squeal of Fortune|