|Release date||8 December 2009 (Update)|
|Examine|| She looks incredibly strong.|
|Notable features|| Elite, powerful Slayer Master, sells Slayer cape. Daughter of Duradel.|
Kuradal is the highest Slayer Master and the daughter of Duradel. She is found in the Ancient Cavern, requiring barbarian training to access. Players need at least 75 Slayer and 110 Combat to get an assignment from her. Kuradal's Dungeon is filled with slayer monsters that she may assign as tasks. The easiest way to reach her is by using a charge on your Ferocious Ring, which teleports you straight to Kuradal. Alternatively, you can use the Fairy ring code BJQ that can be found west of the rough hewn steps. It requires 5 bittercap mushrooms and a spade to restore to functioning status, but is very useful for accessing the Ancient Cavern.
Note: To be safe, it is recommended to bring some sort of dragonfire protection (e.g. Anti-dragon shield) when getting a new task if entering from the whirlpool. This isn't necessary if using the Fairy ring or using a Ferocious Ring to teleport to Kuradal.
After the Smoking Kills quest, players can receive Slayer reward points for completing slayer tasks, based on how many tasks players have accomplished in a row. Completion of a task assigned by Kuradal will grant you:
- 18 slayer points per normal task
- 90 for every 10th
- 270 for every 50th
This means that using Kuradal over the long term, an average of 28.8 points will be granted per task.
|Monster||Number of kills||Combat level||Slayer experience||Required Slayer level|
|Bloodveld||180-250||76, 81||120, 134||50|
|Dagannoth||170-240||See Dagannoth article||See Dagannoth article||1|
|Ganodermic creatures||65-89||140, 280||128, 263||95|
|Grotworms||80-160||10, 91, 167||15, 90, 205||1|
|Kalphites||170-250||28, 85, 141, 333||40, 90, 170, 535.6||1|
|Living rock creatures||110-185||120, 140, 200||225, 316, 530||1|
|Mutated jadinko||160-220||90,145,201||127,203,308||80, 86, 91|
|Terror dogs||60-70||100, 110||82, 87||40|
|TzHaar||70-110||74, 103, 133, 149||80, 110, 125, 136||1|
|TzHaar Fight Cave creatures (Slayer Challenge)||280||22, 45, 90, 108, 180, 360, 702 (TzTok-Jad)||25,000 (TzTok-Jad)||1|
|60-170||110, 120, 128, 130, 140, 194||95, 105, 115, 120, 125, 160||31|
- ^ a b c d e f g h These monsters are found in her dungeon.
- ^ You must purchase the ability to be assigned Aquanites using 50 Slayer reward points.
- ^ Players need to own a Fire cape (equiped, in poh, in bank, or in inventory) or have purchased the ability to get an Ice strykewyrm slayer task for 2,000 slayer points. Players must also have completed The Tale of the Muspah. Dropping all fire capes before obtaining a new task and picking them up afterwards can avoid this assignment.
- ^ Only after finishing The Branches of Darkmeyer quest.
NOTE: Slayer masters assign higher-levelled monsters more frequently if the player's combat level is high.
Kuradal will occasionally offer a special task in place of a regular slayer task (Note: a player needs to accept the challenge right away, as there are no options to "swap" your task for the challenge if you talk to her after she has given you the task). The player can decline to take the special task without penalty. If the player accepts the special task, completing the task:
- Earns extra slayer experience.
- Earns Slayer reward points, if the player has completed the Smoking Kills quest.
- Counts as a task for the player's consecutive task count, which is used for slayer reward points.
Kuradal's special task is for the player to slay 280 volcanic creatures of the Fight Caves in place of a regular task of slaying TzHaar. Only creatures killed in the TzHaar Fight Cave count for this special task. The number of Fight Cave monsters Kuradal assigns is always just enough to clear the entire Fight Caves activity once, including killing 2 waves of 4 healers during the fight with TzTok-Jad. During this task, the player is rewarded 25,000 extra Slayer experience if they kill TzTok-Jad. Killing all 280 monsters in the Fight Cave grants 12,000 Slayer experience, adding up to 37,000 Slayer experience.
- Before her official release, she appeared randomly in various slayer locations since 3 December 2009 using a strange teleport. She used the Stat Spy spell while saying "Hmm... you'll be coming with me." and Monster Examine while saying "Hmm, interesting ..." She was spotted at the Aberrant Spectres, Abyssal Demons, Bloodvelds, Blue Dragons, Dagannoths, Dark Beasts, Gargoyles, Green Dragons, Hellhounds, Steel Dragons and Greater demons in Brimhaven Dungeon. This shows that she has completed Lunar Diplomacy and Dream Mentor.
- Some of the Slayer monsters in Kuradal's Dungeon periodically try to leave, and she kills them in a single hit. When an Abyssal Demon escapes, she used to use what appeared to be a Surge spell of all four elements (air, water, earth and fire); however, after the Quiet Before the Swarm game update she uses an extremely strong Fire Surge capable of hitting 1500. She kills Gargoyles by throwing a rock at them. The Gargoyles have the attack option after Kuradal strikes, as they're dying. The hitsplat on the Gargoyle shows that the rock is a magic attack.
- One would assume Kuradal has between 95 to 98 magic, since she will cast fire surge, but her slayer cape is untrimmed, meaning she doesn't have 99 magic. However as one of the best slayers in Runescape one would expect her to have achieved mastery in all combat skills, unless you count in the possibility of Soul Wars, which gives Slayer XP in return for zeal.
- Occasionally a dragon attempts to escape from her dungeon. The dragon attacks her with Dragonfire, but Kuradal is dealt with no damage, suggesting that she has at least 85 Herblore to create Super antifires.
- Kuradal seems to have a different idle position then other humans, including the player.
- Unlike other Slayer Masters, Kuradal says "Hello" instead of "Ello", although when contacted by NPC Contact she will say "Ello". Furthermore, if you've achieved 99 in Slayer, she will say "Heya".
- When talking to Kuradal after The Ritual of the Mahjarrat, she admits she was at the fight against the Mahjarrat's minions but she chased one of the Mahjarrat inside the cave in which the Stone of Jas stood in the quest. Inside the cave, she killed a couple hundred Glacor, but she remains upset that she wasn't able to kill Lucien herself. She is seen crying over Lucien's body in the final cutscene.
- After Ritual of the Mahjarrat, Kuradal also mentions that she may attempt to capture a few Dragonkin for slayer training.
- Every one of the tasks assigned by Kuradal (excluding Spiritual Mages and the special task of the Fight Caves) has the chance to drop Ancient Effigies.
- When the vast majority of humans had their facial features graphically updated, she was one of the few that did not get this update. This is likely due to her model being different from a typical human's.
- Although it is not possible to get the same task back to back, it is possible to have her Jad special assignment twice in a row without skipping a task as the task starts as a Tzhaar task but is changed to Volcanic Creatures.
|Turael (or Spria) • Mazchna (or Achtryn) • Vannaka • Chaeldar • Sumona • Duradel (or Lapalok) • Kuradal|
|Capes||Agility(Hood) • Attack(Hood) • Constitution(Hood) • Construct.(Hood) • Cooking(Hood) • Crafting(Hood) • Defence(Hood) • Divination(Hood) • Dungeoneering(Hood) • Farming(Hood) • Firemaking(Hood) • Fishing(Hood) • Fletching(Hood) • Herblore(Hood) • Hunter(Hood) • Magic(Hood) • Mining(Hood) • Prayer(Hood) • Ranging(Hood) • Runecraft(Hood) • Slayer(Hood) • Smithing(Hood) • Strength(Hood) • Summoning(Hood) • Thieving(Hood) • Woodcutting(Hood) • Quest point(Hood)|
|Master capes||Agility • Attack • Constitution • Construction • Cooking • Crafting • Defence • Divination • Dungeoneering • Farming • Firemaking • Fishing • Fletching • Herblore • Hunter • Magic • Mining • Prayer • Ranging • Runecrafting • Slayer • Smithing • Strength • Summoning • Thieving • Woodcutting|