NOTE: After the update on 5 September 2012, you no longer need a mithril grapple to access Armadyl's Eerie. Kree'arra is the Armadyl general in the God Wars Dungeon. It is extremely deadly against unprotected players. It has moderate range and mage defence and players can kill it according to their recommended style. Kree'arra and his bodyguards can drop the famed Armadyl armour (Armadyl helmet, chestplate, chainskirt, boots, buckler, gloves). Kree'arra can also drop the Armadyl hilt, which is used to create one of the four Godswords.
- Melee attack: This is only used if Kree'arra is not under attack. Each hit has a maximum of 1500 damage, and is done right after the other, similar to the old dragon dagger special attack, meaning it can deal up to 3000 lifepoints almost instantly.
- Range attack: A gale of wind that advances towards the player. This attack is accurate and can hit up to 1500. It is recommended that the player uses Protect/Deflect Missiles if they are not using Soul Split against Kree'arra.
- Mage attack: Blue tornado that rapidly advances towards the player. Deals up to 1000 damage.
Note: The mage and range attacks are single-hitting, however, Kree'arra's attacks are varied. When there is more than one person in the room, Kree'arra will launch multiple attacks at once, and each attack can be the same or different.
After the Evolution of Combat, there are several ways to kill this boss, due to significantly lower hits.
You should be using at least level 80+ gear, despite the no-weakness symbol. Level 75 gear is optional, however may lead to eating food as the defence bonus is lower. Even with Pernix or above Kree still hits hard and consistently, so soul splitting is not recommended with any armour below Pernix.
The Vampyrism aura also works well here due to the fact that it can heal players, and the damage rate you should do will replace some lost health. You can also pick up the various food dropped by the minions, but these drops are uncommon. The Penance aura also works well to restore lost prayer points during the fight. If you do not have any of these two auras, then any variant of the sharpshooter aura would provide extra ranged accuracy speeding up kills.
The boss also drops Super ranging potions, which if the player wishes to bring Grenwall spikes, can be turned into Extreme ranging potions, given they have a Herblore level of at least 92.
A beast of burden familiar should be used for carrying supplies and if they use a Pack yak it can be used for banking any loots that one may receive from the boss or minions. The altar can be used for occasional prayer restoration. For players who use dual ascension crossbows and full Sirenic/Pernix, a steel titan can help speed up kills significantly at the cost of extra inventory space and lack of ability to bank items. Dreadnips also deal extra damage and are worth using.
A very effective action bar setup:
- If using a 2h crossbow, Needle Strike should be swapped for Dazing Shot.
- If The World Wakes is not completed by the player, Death's Swiftness should be swapped for Deadshot.
A good and efficient way to kill Kree'arra would be to stand a couple steps east of the north-western corner in his chamber. When he spawns, use Fragmentation Shot then instantly run one step west forcing him to move and allowing the extra damage to affect him. Use basic abilities until 100% for Death's Swiftness (or use Death's Swiftness instantly if adrenaline is stalled after each kill), then use basic abilities until the thresholds Rapid Fire, Snap Shot and Bombardment can be used in that order. If done correctly, you should be able to use all thresholds while under the damage boosting effect of Death's Swiftness.
When Fragmentation Shot can be used again, use it and this time run to the corner - if done correctly Kree will move once again and by this point should be near death. Note to use Rapid Fire while in the corner, because if Kree'arra makes the player move while using that certain threshold (and this happens very often), it will not work after they have moved thus making it a waste. Kree'arra cannot move a player while they are in a corner and facing Kree'arra, so it is recommended to use Rapid Fire in the corner. Using Soul Split on the bodyguards is recommended to replenish lost life points.
Adrenaline stalling with Anticipation, Freedom, Escape/Surge and/or Devotion should be done after the minions are dead each kill to have Death's Swiftness ready as soon as Kree respawns which greatly increases the rate of kills.
Recommended Equipment - Ranged SetupEdit
- Head: Sirenic mask > Superior death lotus hood / Pernix cowl > Death lotus hood > Armadyl helmet > Torva full helm > Verac's helmet / Karil's coif > Saradomin coif / Zamorak coif / Armadyl coif > Royal d'hide coif > Helm of neitiznot
- Neck: Saradomin's murmur > Amulet of ranging > Amulet of fury > Saradomin stole / Zamorak stole / Armadyl stole > Amulet of glory > Amulet of power
- Torso: Sirenic hauberk > Superior death lotus chestplate / Pernix body > Death lotus body> Armadyl chestplate / Karil's Top > Royal d'hide body > Zamorak d'hide body / Saradomin body / Armadyl body / Bandos body
- Legs: Sirenic chaps > Superior death lotus chaps / Pernix chaps > Death lotus chaps > Armadyl chainskirt / Karil's Leatherskirt > Royal d'hide chap > Zamorak chaps / Saradomin chaps / Armadyl chaps / Bandos chaps
- Boots: Pernix boots > Glaiven boots > Dragon Rider****/Armadyl boots > Spined boots > Ranger boots > Snakeskin boots / Ragefire boots > Infinity boots > Bandos boots > Dragon boots
- Mainhand: Ascension crossbow > Death lotus dart > Chaotic crossbow > Armadyl crossbow > Karil's pistol > Dragon crossbow > Rune crossbow
- Shield: Elysian spirit shield > Divine spirit shield > Eagle-eye kiteshield > Spectral spirit shield > armadyl buckler > Dragonfire shield / Chaotic kiteshield / Arcane spirit shield / Blessed spirit shield> Toktz-ket-xil > Crystal shield > Dragon kiteshield > Dragon sq shield > Granite shield
- Gloves:Tracking Gloves > Swift gloves > Pernix gloves/Culinaromancer gloves 10****> Dragon Rider****/ Mercenary's gloves*****> Armadyl gloves > Royal spiky vambraces > Royal d'hide vambraces / Goliath gloves > Zamorak vambraces / Saradomin vambraces / Armadyl vambraces / Bandos vambraces / Black spiky vambraces
- Ring: Archers' ring (i) > Onyx ring (i) / Sixth-Age circuit > Dragonstone ring (i) > TokKul-Zo > Archers' ring > Diamond ring (i) > Ring of life > Explorer's ring 3 > Seers' ring (i) > Seers' ring > Ring of Wealth (If FFA/Solo)
- * Completing the Elite Seer's Village Tasks and all previous difficulties is very useful, as it will make the special effects of enchanted bolts activate more often. One does not need to be wearing the Seer's headband 4 to get this effect.
- **** Despite lacking the defence of higher level options Culinaromacer gloves and Dragon Rider gauntlets and boots are considered all class items which gives their full defensive boost against all combat styles which can greatly reduce the need for food.
- ***** Although mercenary's gloves are of a higher level and range class compared to the barrows gloves, the barrows gloves provide much better defensive bonuses as it is classless.
Recommended Equipment - Magic setupEdit
- Head: Full Slayer helm(with aviansies task) > Virtus Mask > Ganodermic visor > Verac's helm > Helm of Neitiznot
- Neck: Arcane stream necklace > Saradomin's hiss > Arcane blast necklace > Amulet of fury > Amulet of glory/Saradomin stole / Armadyl stole/Zamorak stole/Arcane pulse necklace
- Torso: Virtus robe top > Ganodermic poncho > Akrisae's robetop > Grifolic poncho > Ahrim's robetop
- Legs: Virtus robe legs > Ganodermic leggings > Akrisae's robeskirt > Grifolic leggings > Ahrim's robeskirt
- Boots: Ragefire boots > Ganodermic/Dragon Rider > Grifolic boots > Infinity boots > Steadfast boots > Bandos boots
- Cape: Completionist cape > Max cape/God capes > Tokhaar-Kal > Fire cape/Ardougne cloak 4/Ardougne cloak 3 > Armadyl cloak/Zamorak cloak
- Wand: Seismic wand > Virtus > Ahrim's/treachery> Master > Teacher > Grifolic
- Staff: Chaotic Staff > Armadyl Battlestaff > Staff of Light/Polypore staff
- Aura: Penance/Vampyrism > Reverence/Runic accuracy
- Shield: Seismic singularity > Virtus book > Elysian spirit shield/Arcane spirit shield/Farseer kiteshield > Divine spirit shield > Spectral spirit shield/Dragonfire shield (magic) > Blessed spirit shield/Crystal shield > Dragon kiteshield / Toktz-ket-xil
- Gloves: Static gloves > Spellcaster gloves/Swift gloves > Goliath gloves > Ganodermic gloves/Culinaromancer's gloves 10 > Dragon Rider Gauntlets** > Grifolic gloves/Culinaromancer's gloves 9 > Culinaromancer's gloves 8 > Culinaromancer's gloves 7/ Infinity gloves
- Ring: Seer's ring (i)/Ring of Wealth> Onyx ring (i) > Sixth-Age circuit > Dragonstone ring (i) > Tokkul-Zo > Seer's ring > Diamond ring (i) > Ring of life > Beacon ring