|Release date||24 June 2010 (Update)|
|Quest item?||The Void Stares Back|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|On death||Is converted to 245k coins when under gravestone.|
|Store price|| 250,000 coins|
|Examine||The sword of a Void Knight.|
Korasi's sword is a weapon obtained from the quest The Void Stares Back. Although it was officially released with the quest on 6 October 2010, it is also used in the earlier quest Quiet Before the Swarm, but only while in Korasi's mind. As the name suggests, the sword is the personal weapon of Commander Korasi, and is used to defeat the Pest Queen at the conclusion of The Void Stares Back. The sword itself requires 78 Attack and Strength to wield, and The Void Stares Back requires other skill requirements, which effectively act as additional minimum requirements to wield the sword. In terms of stats, the sword's offensive bonuses are a bit higher than the Dragon Longsword's, while the longsword's defensive and Strength bonuses are higher, making the longsword a cheap alternative. Korasi's sword is better used for Strength training than the dragon scimitar, although it has higher skill requirements to wield (78 Attack and Strength versus 60 Attack for the scimitar) and it requires completion of a much harder quest than the quest for the dragon scimitar.
If lost during The Void Stares Back, it can be re-obtained by speaking to either Korasi or Jessika, depending on the NPC saved during the quest. After the quest it can be re-purchased from Commodore Tyr for 250,000 coins. When lost upon death, the sword turns into 245,000 coins(Wilderness).
It is often compared to the Dragon Claws due to such a great KO (knockout) rate and high consistency. They are often regarded as the best Player-Killing weapons in RuneScape due to their unbelievably high damage yielded from the special attack. Some players believe the Dragon Claws to be better due to them only taking up 50% of the special attack bar, allowing for back to back specials that can hit very high. Many players were also aware of the ability to use Energy Transfer on a user in the Wilderness. Players would team up to vastly increase the chances of getting a kill. Some friends or hired players would cast energy transfer to the one wielding Korasi's sword, thus providing the opportunity to use the special attack repeatedly (almost always killing the victim). This has now been changed to only work in multi-combat areas of the wilderness, because it was a problem with other weapons as well, such as dragon claws. Korasi's sword is also noted to be extremely good for anti-rushing (the act of killing rushers). In this a vengeance-combo + ring of recoil is used to kill the rusher. Using the ring of vigour reduces the special attack to 54% drain, therefore using the specials back to back is not possible. Although there is a timing trick that you can use which is timing the amount of time it will take for your special attack bar to regenerate again, and you may then use it twice.
To execute two specials with the Korasi's sword the player must have logged in within the last 30 seconds, if the player attacks 28 seconds after logging in with the ring of vigour equipped your special bar will regenerate so you will be able to perform another special attack.
Keep in mind that Korasi's sword special attack hits extremely low in multi combat situations so it is not recommended to be used in places such as Pest Control where it's multi combat.
|Compare item|| |
A player wielding Korasi's sword
|[view] • [talk]|
Note: You CANNOT block the Disrupt special attack, unless you have Disuption shield activated.
Korasi's sword has a special attack, Disrupt, which drains 60% of the special attack bar. The attack is Magic-based and not only automatically hits but, in a single-combat area, will deal anywhere between 50% and 150% of the wielder's maximum melee hit in damage. This makes it an extremely popular weapon in PvP combat. In a multi-combat area, however, the 50% damage minimum is dropped and Disrupt will damage up to three targets in a chain reaction; the second hit deals half the damage of the first hit, and the third hit deals one quarter the damage of the first. In this instance, the special attack tends to indiscriminately target the nearest enemies, but will fail against targets that cannot be attacked (such as another player in the Wilderness that is outside the allowed combat level range). As the attack is Magic-based, it gives Magic experience. It should be noted if the special attack kills the opponent, the second hit would be half of what it would have hit, and so forth.
During the battle with the Pest Queen, Korasi's sword has a different special attack, one which drains only 15% of the special attack bar and is used to counter the Pest Queen's 500+ damage special attack.
With the special attack of the Korasi's sword based on melee hits, with a maximum strength bonus of +50 without armour (using PvP gear) and the +70 strength bonus of the Korasi's Sword with a Dragonfire shield (+7 Strength bonus) The max strength bonus with Korasi's sword is +127 making the max melee hit (using turmoil with +32% strength, extreme strength and aggressive attack styles) 534 and a maximum special attack of 801 (150% of 534) and a maximum multi-combat special attack hit of 534-260-130. Also if fighting Ice Strykewyrms also with a slayer helmet and previous gear, a max hit of 878 is possible using the Korasi's sword special attack.
Because of the magic-melee special attack and its fairly high stab bonus, Korasi's sword is rather adequate for killing dragons/metal dragons.
With a ring of vigour and good timing, some players are able to perform two special attacks back-to-back without the use of Leech Special Attack or Recover Special potions by waiting to attack until just before the bar naturally restores - their second attack comes just after the 10% is restored. This is done by logging in with at least 98% of the special bar.The player logs out, logs back in, and waits around 28 seconds, then uses one special and then another. This works because your special normally restores 10% every 30 seconds. So by waiting 28 seconds with 98% special or higher, and then using one korasi special, which will reduce 98% to 44%, your special then will naturally restore 10%, which will bring it to 54%, which will then allow you to do a second special. This is devastating in PvP situations, because many players use the protect from melee prayer to defend against rushers, but Korasi's sword deals magical damage, which will hit through their prayer, dealing incredibly high hits.
- Korasi's sword used to be able to be wielded without completing The Void Stares Back. You could keep the sword when you were fighting with it in Quiet Before the Swarm. Since it was a useful weapon, all swords that were glitched out of the quest area were removed.
- The special attack seems to have a similar effect as the Shield of Arrav appeared to have in Defender of Varrock, when Dimintheis defeated the zombies.
- Champions in the Conquest activity seem to hold a sword similar to Korasi's sword, only bigger, broader and perhaps more powerful.
- Wielding this together with an active aura will cause a graphical glitch in the Equipment Stats.
- Although the second and third hit in multicombat zone with the special attack is usually rounded down, at less than 1 it is rounded up, so it is possible to hit 1, 1, 1.
- Furthermore, when you use the special attack on some monsters immune to magic, it can still hit two more monsters, although when the first hit is 0, the next hit will always be 1, so it is even possible to hit 0, 1, 1 (for example when fighting TokTz-Ket-Dill and Lava monsters in the Elder Kiln quest).
- Every hit used to be considered a max hit and the numbers would glow when a player did the special attack, but an update has changed this.
- Many players who use this are people trying to rush or anti-rush in the Wilderness. This allows a player to deal high amounts of damage in little time, rendering the opponent defenceless.
- There is a glitch when using an aura while wielding Korasi's sword which causes the aura outline to not match the sword (this happens with more weapons).
- The special attack of the sword can be used in the Duel Arena even if magic is turned off.