- This weapon has an off-hand variant: Jessika's sword
|Release date||24 June 2010 (Update)|
|Quest item?||The Void Stares Back|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|On death||Is shown on gravestone, converts to 245k in the wilderness.|
|Store price|| 500,000 coins|
|Examine||The sword of a Void Knight.|
Korasi's sword is a weapon obtained from the quest The Void Stares Back. Although it was officially released with the quest on 6 October 2010, it is also used in the earlier quest Quiet Before the Swarm, but only while in Korasi's mind. As the name suggests, the sword is the personal weapon of Commander Korasi, and is used to defeat the Pest Queen at the conclusion of The Void Stares Back.
The Void Stares Back requires 80 Magic and 78 Attack and Strength as well as other skill requirements, which effectively act as minimum requirements to wield the sword. Its accuracy and damage bonuses are equal to a level 75 weapon, and because it lost its melee critical hit chance and gained no damage, it is effectively equal to abyssal vine whip without taking the special attack into account.
If lost during The Void Stares Back, it can be re-obtained by speaking to either Korasi or Jessika, depending on the NPC saved during the quest. After the quest it can be re-purchased from Commodore Tyr for 500,000 coins. When lost upon death to another player in the Wilderness, the sword turns into 245,000 coins. It should be noted that if killed by an NPC, the sword simply drops and may be picked up.
As of current, Korasi's sword had a special attack called Disrupt, which consumed 60% of the special attack bar (or adrenaline). This attack made the sword very popular in PvP use for rushing or anti-rushing, as it dealt magic damage that could hit up into the 800s and could not be blocked unless the target had Disruption Shield activated. This special attack, along with most other weapon-specific special attacks, was reinstated with Legacy Mode.
A player wielding korasi's sword
|[view] • [talk]|
- Korasi's sword received a graphical update on 20 November 2012.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, this weapon had a special attack. Its model also had a straighter blade, and did not resemble a scimitar like it does now.
- Korasi's sword used to be able to be wielded without completing The Void Stares Back. It was possible to keep the sword when you were fighting with it in Quiet Before the Swarm. Since it was a useful weapon, all swords that were glitched out of the quest area were removed.
- Champions in the Conquest activity seem to hold a sword similar to Korasi's sword, only bigger, and broader.
- Wielding this together with an active aura will cause a graphical glitch in the Equipment Stats. Additionally, the outline of an aura will not match the sword.
- Commander Korasi still holds the old texture of the sword at the Void Knights' Outpost.
- The sword received a buff on 7 January 2014, raising its stats from level 68 to 75.
- The sword used during the quest or Dominion Tower has level 70 stats (856 damage and 1486 accuracy) and never had the critical bonus.
- The sword used to be a slashing weapon but was changed to a stabbing weapon. The quest version remained a slashing weapon.
- On 17 March 2014, the sword was reverted from stab to slash again so that is overridden by scimitars and longswords instead of daggers and rapiers as it was before the Evolution of Combat.
- On 7 April 2014, it was reverted back to a stabbing weapon, but its slashing animations are kept so it is still overridden by longswords and scimitars.
- The sword's special attack, disrupt, counts as a fire-type attack while fighting the Dagannoth Mother.
|Mainhand||Bronze • Iron • Steel • Black • White • Mithril • Adamant • Rune • Leaf-bladed • Toktz-xil-ak • Korasi's|
|Off-hand||Bronze • Iron • Steel • Black • Mithril • Adamant • Rune • Leaf-bladed • Jessika's|