|Release date||24 June 2010 (Update)|
|Quest item?||The Void Stares Back|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|On death||Is show on gravestone, converts to 245k in the wilderness.|
|Store price|| 500,000 coins|
|Examine||The sword of a Void Knight.|
Korasi's sword is a weapon obtained from the quest The Void Stares Back. Although it was officially released with the quest on 6 October 2010, it is also used in the earlier quest Quiet Before the Swarm, but only while in Korasi's mind. As the name suggests, the sword is the personal weapon of Commander Korasi, and is used to defeat the Pest Queen at the conclusion of The Void Stares Back.
The sword itself requires 78 Attack and Strength to wield, and The Void Stares Back requires other skill requirements, which effectively act as additional minimum requirements to wield the sword. Its accuracy and damage are that of a tier 68 weapon, but it provides a 1% melee critical bonus and thus may be preferable to the abyssal whip. The sword does not have an offhand variant.
If lost during The Void Stares Back, it can be re-obtained by speaking to either Korasi or Jessika, depending on the NPC saved during the quest. After the quest it can be re-purchased from Commodore Tyr for 500,000 coins. When lost upon death, the sword turns into 245,000 coins.
Prior to the Evolution of Combat, korasi's sword had a special attack called Disrupt. This attack made the sword very popular in PvP use for rushing or anti-rushing, as it could hit up to 800s and could not be blocked unless the target had Disruption Shield activated. This special, along with most other weapon-specific special attacks, has been removed with the Evolution of Combat, although its animation can still be found when stunning the Pest Queen.
A player wielding korasi's sword
|[view] • [talk]|
- Before the Evolution of Combat, this weapon used to have a special attack.
- Korasi's sword used to be able to be wielded without completing The Void Stares Back. It was possible to keep the sword when you were fighting with it in Quiet Before the Swarm. Since it was a useful weapon, all swords that were glitched out of the quest area were removed.
- Champions in the Conquest activity seem to hold a sword similar to Korasi's sword, only bigger, broader and perhaps more powerful.
- Wielding this together with an active aura will cause a graphical glitch in the Equipment Stats. Additionally, the outline of an aura will not match the sword.
- Commander Korasi still holds the old texture of the sword at the Void Knights' Outpost.