|Release date||24 June 2010 (Update)|
|Quest item?||The Void Stares Back|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|On death||Is show on gravestone, converts to 245k in the wilderness.|
|Store price|| 500,000 coins|
|Examine||The sword of a Void Knight.|
Korasi's sword is a weapon obtained from the quest The Void Stares Back. Although it was officially released with the quest on 6 October 2010, it is also used in the earlier quest Quiet Before the Swarm, but only while in Korasi's mind. As the name suggests, the sword is the personal weapon of Commander Korasi, and is used to defeat the Pest Queen at the conclusion of The Void Stares Back.
The sword itself requires 78 Attack and Strength to wield, and The Void Stares Back requires other skill requirements, which effectively act as additional minimum requirements to wield the sword. Its accuracy and damage are that of a tier 68 weapon, but it provides a 1% Melee critical bonus and thus may be preferable to the abyssal whip.
If lost during The Void Stares Back, it can be re-obtained by speaking to either Korasi or Jessika, depending on the NPC saved during the quest. After the quest it can be re-purchased from Commodore Tyr for 500,000 coins. When lost upon death, the sword turns into 245,000 coins(Wilderness).
Prior to the Evolution of Combat, Korasi's Sword had a magic special called Disrupt. This special made the sword very popular in PvP use for rushing or anti-rushing, as it could hit up to 800's and could not be blocked unless the target had Disruption Shield activated. This special, along with most other weapon-specific special attacks, has been removed with the Evolution of Combat, although its animation can still be found when stunning the Pest Queen.
A player wielding korasi's sword
|[view] • [talk]|
- Before the Evolution of Combat, this weapon used to have a special attack.
- Korasi's sword used to be able to be wielded without completing The Void Stares Back. It was possible to keep the sword when you were fighting with it in Quiet Before the Swarm. Since it was a useful weapon, all swords that were glitched out of the quest area were removed.
- The special attack seemed to have a similar effect as the Shield of Arrav appeared to have in Defender of Varrock, when Dimintheis defeated the zombies.
- Champions in the Conquest activity seem to hold a sword similar to Korasi's sword, only bigger, broader and perhaps more powerful.
- Wielding this together with an active aura will cause a graphical glitch in the Equipment Stats. Additionally, the outline of an aura will not match the sword.
- Furthermore, before the Evolution of Combat, when you used the special attack on some monsters immune to magic, it could still hit two more monsters, although when the first hit is 0, the next hit will always be 1, so it is even possible to hit 0, 1, 1 (for example when fighting TokTz-Ket-Dill and Lava monsters in the Elder Kiln quest).
- The special attack of the sword could be used in the Duel Arena even when magical attacks were disabled.
- Commander Korasi still holds the old texture of the sword at the Void Knights' Outpost.