|Release date||30 April 2002 (Update)|
|XP per kill||95.4 (and 31.5 experience)|
|Examine text||A member of Ardougne's militia.|
The Knight of Ardougne is found in the East Ardougne market place. Their maximum melee hit is 190, and most are found attempting to chase away thieves. They will protect all stalls from the silk stall and up by attacking players that they observe stealing from them.
Knights of Ardougne can be pickpocketed at level 55 Thieving, giving the player 50 coins and 84.33 Thieving experience. The Gloves of Silence increase your success rate. Failing to pickpocket will result in being hit for ~3.4-3.7 % of your remaining life points. Therefore it is recommended not to wear any armour, as this results in lower hits. They are a good source of Thieving experience for players with 55 to 65 Thieving.
A good strategy for thieving these knights is:
- Head to Ardougne marketplace.
- Attack a knight.
- Lure the knight into a house with stairs, there are several of these around the area.
- Close the door of the house once the knight is safely inside.
- Head up and down the stairs and equip any bow or crossbow but no arrows or bolts (This is to save you the convenience of having to run up and down the stairs each time you click "attack" instead of "pickpocket").
- Pickpocket the knight.
Note: This only works with the Knight that spawns on that side of the market.
Alternatively, a player can lure a knight into the space next to the north wall of the Ardougne south bank, between the wall and the fence. Run completely around the bank and trap him in the space. The knight's roam range is only about halfway down the back of the bank, so he can easily be pickpocketed without moving. Remember to give him space to move every few minutes, to avoid triggering a respawn. This only works for knights originally found in the southwest corner of the marketplace.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 90
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Court summons 1 Uncommon Not sold Clue scroll (easy) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Knights of Ardougne wield steel longswords as was evidenced when the appearance of all longswords changed with an update on 18 August 2009.
- The Knights of Ardougne show a Saradomin symbol on their platebodies, however, the king himself is actually Zamorakian.
Man • Farmer • H.A.M. member • Warrior woman • Rogue • Cave goblin • Master Farmer • Guard • Fremennik citizen • Bearded Pollnivnian bandit • Bandit • Knight of Ardougne • Pollnivnian bandit • Yanille watchman • Menaphite Thug • Paladin • Gnome • Hero • Elf • Dwarf trader