- RuneScape uses the British convention for floor numbering: Ground floor, first floor, second floor, etc.
"Arthur" redirects here. For the gang member, see Arthur Artimus.
King Arthur can be found in Camelot Castle which is east of Seers' Village. Arthur is the leader of the knights of the round table. King Arthur is found on the ground floor and is involved in 3 quests, The Holy Grail, Merlin's Crystal, and King's Ransom.
King Arthur arrived to Gielinor in 132 of the Fifth Age, where the Knights of the Round Table were to remain until their aid was needed again in England. (When speaking to the Guard at the beginning of the King's Ransom quest, when you ask if Arthur and his Knights's disappearance could be due to their returning to their own realm, the Guard will enigmatically respond that there is no evidence to suggest that.) At the time King Ulthas still held the throne of Kandarin. Once in Gielinor, King Arthur sought to find a new castle to house his Knights.
King Ulthas, wishing to aid King Arthur, spoke with Lord Sinclair, an important political figure who had taken up residence in a mansion east of Seers' Village. Sinclair agreed, deciding Arthur's need was greater than his. He left the mansion to Arthur, relocating himself and his children to a small mansion near the southern border of the Fremennik Province. His children, though, never forgave him for leaving their home, eventually leading to his murder.
King Ulthas died shortly after, leaving the throne to his sons Lathas and Tyras. King Lathas, the ruler of East Ardougne, disagreed with his father's decision to give the Knights Camelot, and to this day wishes to reclaim the mansion and have the Knights killed. To do this, he has allied himself with the mourners of the elven Iorwerth Clan, whom he believes will aid him in his future attack.
- In actual ancient medieval and Roman history, King Arthur was a legendary figure, around whom a number of stories revolved.
- King Arthur can be given a poison chalice from Stankers, the coal truck manager, to complete an easy Seers' Village Task. Once given, he quotes the Grail Knight from Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade.
- His chathead shows him with a short brown beard but his NPC shows him with a long red beard. His chathead also shows a thin, detailed crown, however, his ingame avatar has a very thick and undetailed crown.
- The world that Arthur arrived from is presumably our own, as the characters in Camelot are sourced 'as is' from the Matter of Britain and Arthurian Legends. Arthurian legend also states that King Arthur was not truly killed by Mordred, but carried off to another world, biding his time and ready to return. The 'other world' in this case would be Gielinor.
- The above also shows that time passes differently in Gielinor, for although Arthur has only been there for a few years (or perhaps decades), almost 1500 years have lapsed in our own.
Rulers and Monarchs
|Miscellania and Etceteria|
|Ape Atoll and Karamja|
|Land of Snow|
King Alvis • King Veldaban • Hreidmar • King rat • Sea Troll Queen • Queen Black Dragon • King Black Dragon • Spider Queen • The Pescallion • Walrus • Pest Queen • Queen of Sunrise • Fairy Queen • Penance Queen • Frog Prince • Frog princess • Flora • King Arthur • The Queen