|Release date||2 November 2004 (Update)|
|High Alch||195 coins|
|Low Alch||130 coins|
|Store price|| 325 coins|
|Exchange price||1,862 coins (info)|
|Examine|| A lot of beer in a barrel. |
Beer in a barrel - a specialty of the Fremennik Province.
A Keg of beer is a large barrel of beer which can be drunk. When you drink it, it says, "You chug the keg. You feel reinvigorated... ...but extremely drunk, too." Your character raises the keg above their head and chugs the entire barrel. It temporarily lowers Attack by 40 and raises Strength by 10, as well as causing the perspective of your screen to swing back and forth for a minute, as if your character is drunk. This can be stopped by teleporting. It isn't a good idea to drink this in a combat area as it makes melee attacks much less accurate, and it will probably prevent you from using some high level attack abilities until your attack level is restored.
Kegs of beer are dropped by Dagannoths, Level 48 Black guards in Keldagrim, Chaos dwarf hand cannoneers in the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield, Rock crabs, and Market guards in Rellekka. It can be bought in the Rellekka Longhall for 325 coins, provided that the player has completed The Fremennik Trials quest. It can also be bought from the merchant, Rasolo, who is north of Ardougne near Baxtorian Falls.
If you use this item in conjunction with a few doses of Restore potion, it can act as a one-use alternative to a strength potion with the added bonus of healing you. In fact, if your strength level is below 70 and you don't care about accuracy or can recover your levels easily, it becomes superior to a strength potion. When in dangerous areas combating high-level opponents, food and super strength potions are more reliable than kegs, which take a long time to consume and require you to carry restore potions instead of more food or potions. One potential use for this item is boosting your strength for non-combat purposes, most notably quests.
Dropping monsters Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Dagannoth guardian 148 1 Common Black Guard 25,48 1 Uncommon Black Guard Berserker 66 1 Uncommon Black Guard crossbowdwarf 83 1 Uncommon Dagannoth (Chaos Tunnels) 88 1 Uncommon Dagannoth (Waterbirth Island) 88,90 1 Uncommon Warrior (Rellekka) 48 1 Rare Trade floor guard 100 1 Unknown
- Beer kegs are also one of the few edible items that have a unique consumption animation. Unlike most drinks, when a player drinks a beer keg they can be seen tipping the barrel back with both hands.
- When the player attempts to drink a keg of beer whilst on the Fishing Trawler, they will receive a message saying "With my sea sickness? You must be joking!"
- On drinking, the entire keg disappears from the players inventory.
- The keg of beer provides better strength boost than a super strength potion until level 34 but it's better to use a strength potion because kegs lower attack.
- Kegs of beer are sometimes used in fan-made videos due to their unique animation.
- If a player attempts to drink another keg of beer in under a minute, they will say to themselves "Not another one! Not so soon!"
- Amusingly, when trying to consume the Keg of Beer from your inventory while in the bank interface by right clicking, you get the option to 'eat' the Keg of Beer rather than 'drink' it.
Asgarnian ale(m) • Axeman's folly(m) • Bandit's brew • Beer • Chef's delight(m) • Cider(m) • Dragon bitter(m) • Dwarven stout(m) • Greenman's ale(m) • Grog • Moonlight mead(m) • Ranger's aid(m) • Slayer's respite(m) • Wizard's mind bomb(m)