|Release||2 November 2004 (Update)|
|High alch||195 coins|
|Low alch||130 coins|
|Exchange||2,158 coins (info)|
|Examine||Beer in a barrel - a specialty of the Fremennik Province.|
A keg of beer is a large barrel of beer which can be drunk. When you drink it, it says, "You chug the keg. You feel reinvigorated... ...but extremely drunk, too." Your character raises the keg above their head and chugs the entire barrel. It temporarily lowers Attack by 40 and raises Strength by 10, as well as causing the perspective of your screen to swing back and forth for a minute, as if your character is drunk. This can be stopped by teleporting. It isn't a good idea to drink this in a combat area as it makes melee attacks much less accurate, and it will probably prevent you from using some high level attack abilities until your attack level is restored.
Kegs of beer can be bought in the Rellekka longhall for 325 coins, provided that the player has completed The Fremennik Trials quest. It can also be bought from the merchant, Rasolo, who is north of Ardougne near Baxtorian Falls.
If you use this item in conjunction with a few doses of restore potion, it can act as a one-use alternative to a strength potion with the added bonus of healing you. In fact, if your Strength level is below 70 and you don't care about accuracy or can recover your levels easily, it becomes superior to a strength potion. When in dangerous areas combating high-level opponents, food and super strength potions are more reliable than kegs, which take a long time to consume and require you to carry restore potions instead of more food or potions. One potential use for this item is boosting your strength for non-combat purposes, most notably quests.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Black Guard||25; 48||1||Uncommon|
|Black Guard Berserker||66||1||Uncommon|
|Black Guard crossbowdwarf||83||1||Uncommon|
|Dagannoth (Chaos Tunnels)||88||1||Uncommon|
|Dagannoth (Waterbirth Island)||88; 90||1||Uncommon|
|Trade floor guard||100||1||Very rare|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|Rasolo the Wandering Merchant||325||Coins||10||Yes|
|Rellekka Longhall Bar||325||Coins||10||Yes|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||89.0%|
- Beer kegs are also one of the few edible items that have a unique consumption animation. Unlike most drinks, when a player drinks a beer keg they can be seen tipping the barrel back with both hands.
- When the player attempts to drink a keg of beer whilst on the Fishing Trawler, they will receive a message saying "With my sea sickness? You must be joking!"
- On drinking, the entire keg disappears from the players inventory.
- If a player attempts to drink another keg of beer in under a minute, they will say to themselves "Not another one! Not so soon!"