Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release||21 January 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Exchange||372 coins (info)|
|Examine||A meaty kebab.|
A Kebab is a food item that heals a random amount of life points, up to over 1500, and may raise Attack, Strength, and Defence stats temporarily. Kebabs can be bought from Karim in western Al Kharid for 1 coin each. Additionally, members can purchase it from Kjut in Keldagrim south-east of the north bridge.
Upon eating the kebab, you will receive the following message:
- You eat the kebab.
You will then receive a message following that which will explain the effect of the kebab which can be good or bad. If the effect is good, the kebab will heal you and may possibly also boost certain stats; the exact message you receive then will depend upon how many life points are healed. It is possible for the kebab to be bad, lowering one or several stats when eaten instead of healing life points. If the effect is bad, the kebab will lower one or more of your stats, and the message you receive will depend upon which stat(s), if any, have been lowered, which could be in any skill(s), including any combat or non-combat skill(s), except for Constitution. One could have any stats lowered, including stats in members-only skills, even as a non-member or on a free-to-play world. It is also possible for a kebab to have no effect at all, and if this occurs then the message received will reflect that. The following table shows possible messages that may be received upon eating a kebab and their respective effects on the player:
|That kebab didn't seem to do a lot.||No effect||Rare|
|It restores some life points.||Heals 10% of total lifepoints||Common|
|That was a good kebab. You feel a lot better.||Heals 100-200 lifepoints||Uncommon|
|You eat the kebab.||Heals up to 300 lifepoints and boosts Attack, Strength, and Defence by 1-3 levels||Rare|
|That tasted a bit dodgy. You feel a bit ill.Eating the kebab has damaged your Skills stat.||Lowers skill level in the named skill||Rare|
|That tasted very dodgy. You feel very ill.Eating the kebab has done damage to some of your stats.||Lowers skill levels in multiple skills by 5% total||Rare|
Contrary to speculation, kebabs received from random events do not have a higher chance of healing more than normal. Eating a kebab at full health either does nothing, with no additional message given, or lowers skill levels of the player.
Using a kebab on a cornucopia will only add 10% of the player's life points (rounded down), not the maximum a kebab can heal.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||96.7%|
- Originally, a dodgy kebab would damage a player's life points; then would affect that players strength level however, this was changed, so players who were trying to gain LP would not be killed by mistake.
- It is possible for a free player to have a member stat lowered.
- Kebabs used to be able to be poisoned and looked the same when they were poisoned compared to when they weren't poisoned. This feature was removed since scammers would trade victims poisoned kebabs and the victim wouldn't be able to know whether the kebab was poisoned or not.
- Kebabs are a decent source of profit for any player at any level. Since 1 kebab only costs 1 coin they can be sold at the Grand Exchange for around 300 coins giving an instant profit.