|Release||9 May 2005 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|High alch||30,000 coins|
|Low alch||20,000 coins|
|Exchange||3,619,108 coins (info)|
|Karil the Tainted's leather body armour.|
Karil's top is ranged armour worn in the body slot that is part of Karil the Tainted's set of barrows equipment. To wear Karil's top, a player must have 70 Defence and 70 Ranged. Karil's top ties with Armadyl chestplate as the third best ranged armour after Pernix and Serenic armours. Also the Armadyl chestplate has a +1 prayer bonus, and ranged damage bonus while the Karil's top does not, but Karil's top has a better life bonus and a better defence bonus.
Being part of Karil's barrows set, if Karil's top is worn along with all of the other pieces of equipment in Karil's barrows set the player receives a special effect. The set effect gives a chance a hit lowers the target's magic level. This piece of armour cannot be made using the Crafting skill.
- Karil's top is only tradeable when undamaged or fully broken.
|[view] • [talk]|
Barrows equipment degrades as it is used. Equipment received from the Barrows minigame is fully repaired and can be used for 100,000 charges of combat until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Barrows equipment can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Barrows equipment may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Barrows armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
| Costs to repair|
|NPC||POH armour stand|
|Level 1 Smithing||Level 99 Smithing|
|The price is exactly 50% when operating a Smithing cape.|
template = Barrows repair/calc form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105 param = price|price|270000|hidden|
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||23.0%|
|Special (not 100%)|
|1 × Undead components|
- In a hidden update on 17 March 2010, Jagex changed the name of this item from "Karil's leathertop" to "Karil's top".
- At one point, the entire Karil's set could be bought for slightly over 200k. The price has risen since then due to the release of the Corporeal Beast, the God Wars Bosses, including Nex, the primary popular bosses that require a large magic defence bonus to fight efficiently.
- There is currently a glitch that happens while Fishing with a harpoon. The top will lift up on your character, which will expose a thin line of your avatar's skin.
- After the graphical update, when your Karil's top degraded to 75, the inventory icon reverted to the old graphical appearance of Karil's top. This has been patched.
- The old effect was on successful attacks with Karil's crossbow against a player, there is a chance that it may temporarily lower that player's Agility level.