|Release||9 May 2005 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|High alch||96,000 coins|
|Low alch||64,000 coins|
|Exchange||2,949,974 coins (info)|
|Examine||Karil the Tainted's repeating crossbow.|
Karil's crossbow is a Two-handed crossbow ranged weapon that is part of Karil the Tainted's set of barrows equipment. To wield the crossbow, players require a Ranged level of 70. It requires ammunition called bolt racks. Both the Karil's crossbow and Karil's pistol crossbow are the only crossbows to use bolt racks.
Being part of Karil's barrows set, if it is wielded along with all of the other pieces of equipment in Karil's barrows set the player receives a special effect. On successful attacks against a player, there is a chance that it may temporarily lower that player's magic level. Like all Barrows items this weapon, and its ammunition, cannot be made using the Fletching skill. Additionally, Karil's crossbow is only tradeable when undamaged or fully broken.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
Barrows equipment degrades as it is used. Equipment received from the Barrows minigame is fully repaired and can be used for 100,000 charges of combat until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Barrows equipment can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Barrows equipment may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Barrows armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
| Costs to repair|
|NPC||POH armour stand|
|Level 1 Smithing||Level 99 Smithing|
|The price is exactly 50% when operating a Smithing cape.|
template = Barrows repair/calc form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105 param = price|price|300000|hidden|
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||23.0%|
|1 × Undead components||Not 100%|
- Even though Karil's crossbow equipped with bolt racks has a higher damage rating than a crystal bow, the crystal bow appears to hit higher.
- Karil's crossbow seems to be based on the real life Chu-Ko-Nu (諸葛弩), an ancient Chinese crossbow that used a rapid fire system.
- Karil's crossbow appears to have originated from the Eastern Lands as its ammunition is sold by an Eastern Lander named Ak-Haranu.
- This was the only hand-held weapon in the game to feature a magazine until the release of the Blisterwood stake-thrower crossbow.
|Dyed ascension crossbows|