|Release date||15 January 2008 (Update)|
|Special moves||Doomsphere Device|
|Examine text|| Kneel before squid!|
Pre-summoning release: I will call him Squiddy, and he shall be my Squiddy, and he shall be mine.
A Karamthulhu overlord is a summonable familiar released with the introduction of the Summoning skill. It requires level 58 Summoning.
The Karamthulhu overlord has three types of attacks in addition to its special attack, Doomsphere Device: a close-up attack, a small water blast, and a large, magic-based water attack. Furthermore, it is capable of using several of its attacks at once.
It has a right-click option, Drown, which causes the Karamthulhu to instantly use its magic-based water attack, at the cost of two summoning points. This does not currently work due to changes from Evolution of Combat.
Karamthulhu overlord pouchEdit
|144 ( 3,600)|| 7.3|
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||3,733|
|I can summon a karamthulhu overlord familiar with this.|
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|160 coins||241 coins||203 coins (info)|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||8 (200)||64|
|A scroll for a karamthulhu overlord familiar.|
The Doomsphere scroll enables the use of the Doomsphere Device special ability for a Karamthulhu overlord. Using a Karamthulhu overlord pouch on a Summoning obelisk creates ten Doomsphere scrolls.
Doomsphere Device is an effect generated via the Doomsphere scroll. In order to create this effect, you must first have summoned a Karamthulhu Overlord.
The Doomsphere Device effect attacks the target with a powerful water spell that can cause up to 763 life points of damage.
|This article on a Summoning familiar has an associated dialogue page.|
Click here for a transcript of possible conversations with this familiar.
- The Karamthulhu is a reference to H. P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu, its name being a portmanteau of "Karambwan" and "Cthulhu".
- The first examine text is a reference to the Superman villain "General Zod," who says "Kneel before Zod."
- Before the release of Summoning, Karamthulhu was involved in a bug that allowed it to appear and walk around for a bit before disappearing.
- The examine text, "I will call him Squiddy, and he shall be my Squiddy, and he shall be mine," is a reference to the popular Pixar movie, Finding Nemo, where one of the main characters, Dory, says a similar phrase.
- Doomsphere Device may be a reference to Doomsday device.