This article is about the monster. For other uses, see Monkey (disambiguation).
|Release date||11 June 2001 (Update)|
|Combat level||8, 12|
|XP per kill||37 (and 12.2 experience)|
|Assigned by||Turael or Spria|
|Always drops||Monkey bones|
|Examine text||Perhaps our oldest relatives?|
Monkeys are small, level 12 primates that may be found in a variety of jungles. They are not ideal for training combat, as they have a low amount of life points and have few useful drops. However, monkey bones do give 11 percent more Prayer experience than regular bones. Monkeys can be found in the Mos Le'Harmless jungle, in Ardougne Zoo and spread across most of Karamja.
During the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest, all monkeys located on Karamja cannot be damaged by Melee attacks (if attacked, they taunt the player that tried to attack them), so Magic and Ranged are the only ways to kill them. This only occurs during the quest; before and after the quest they can be damaged by all attacks. It is possible to kill one without using Magic or Ranged by using ring of recoils. If the player is wielding a halberd and is standing out of the monkey's melee range then they will be able to hit the monkey with the halberd's melee attack.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Monkey bones 1 Always 406 Monkey corpse 1 Always Not sold
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 1,569 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Monkeys can be found in three places:
- Karamja, across the whole northern section.
- Ardougne Zoo, in the monkey cage.
- Mos Le'Harmless, throughout the whole island.
- Phrases it can say are: "Ook Ook" "Can't hit! Can't hit!" "Jogre bones! Ook!"
- Also monkey paws are occasionally dropped.