This guide has strategies for both the regular and exiled version of the Queen, as there is no significant difference in the fight other than increased stats and minions.
Players who wish to fight her should not take her lightly. She is level 333/356 (regular and exiled respectively), and has very high stats for her level, due to her low affinity, which reduces the overall hit rate and even the best equipment can miss without using potions.
It is recommended to bring a summoning familiar with you. This can potentially be a fighting familiar (iron/steel titan) to aid you in the battle or a beast of burden (spirit terrorbird/war tortoise) to carry extra supplies. However a healing familiar such as the unicorn stallion is said to be more useful.
- Super antipoison - The queen herself doesn't cause poison, but the kalphites on the way are capable of poisoning the player.
- Two ropes to access the lair (only for your first time)
- Super/extreme set or an overload potion.
- Prayer potions/super prayers/prayer renewals/super restores
- One click teleport for emergency reasons (such as the ectophial or teleportation tablet).
- Food to heal yourself (generally the best available, such as rocktail, sharks, manta rays, or tuna potatoes)
- Two attack styles: Melee for first form and Magic or Ranged for second form.
- Keris dagger paired with Desert amulet 3 if hard Desert tasks have been completed.
- A black mask/slayer helmet/full slayer helmet for extra damage (ONLY if kalphites are the player's Slayer task.)
If you have completed As a First Resort, then using the spa pool at Oo'glog before going to the hive can be very useful, as the spas boost both Prayer and life points and give unlimited amount of run energy for a time.
Both Queens have similar attacking styles like Dagannoth Supreme, where their attacks can reach several players depending on where they are facing. In a team, spread apart evenly so she is forced to turn around and miss game ticks that would have been used for attacking.
Both their magic and ranged attacks have 100% accuracy regardless of the player's armour rating, so do not bother bringing tank armour; instead, bring power or hybrid (such as dragon rider). The melee attack is a basic attack and can occasionally miss.
On the way to the Kalphite Queen, the player(s) may get poisoned from patrolling kalphite soldiers and guardians, though their poison is negligible and can be easily ignored. In an instance, the guardians inside the Queen's chambers will not spawn.
The regular Queen has 40,000 life points for each form. On her first form, she is immune to magic and ranged attacks, so attack her with melee. Once her first form's health depletes to 0, she will shed into her second form. The second form is immune to melee attacks, and must be attacked with ranged or magic.
For both forms, if she is near the cocoons on the sides they will burst and release one Kalphite worker; they will try to attack you if possible. Although weak, she will spawn an immense amount of workers which will swarm the player. The workers will disappear after a while but can be used for heals via Blood spells, Sacrifice and Soul Split.
On the way to the Exiled Kalphite Queen, the player(s) will get attacked by an initial room containing Exiled kalphite soldiers and Exiled kalphite paragons, then when transferring to the next room which contains the entrance, be attacked by Exiled kalphite guardians and Exiled kalphite marauders. Using Protect/Deflect Magic is recommended to reduce some damage. Players are likely to get poisoned, but it is negligible and can be easily ignored.
The fight is essentially the same as the original queen, apart from the addition of two guardians and marauders, and increased stats.
In an instance, these minions seem to disappear after a few (1-2) spawns and she will summon standard workers which act the same as the original encounter.
The Kalphite Queen can be soloed with 70+ stats and gear. Players with near-maxed stats will require little to no food. Bring at least super potions (overload and extreme potions highly recommended), and Piety/Turmoil. Bring melee and one other combat style. Void armour is also very effective, as a maxed player using Overload potions, Turmoil/Anguish/Torment, and Soul Split with tier 80+ weaponry can easily heal off of her.
As always when attempting dangerous battles, bring a one-click teleport like a teletab.
A typical high-levelled player might bring the following equipment:
Recommended equipment - Hybrid (Range and Melee)Edit
- As previously stated, Void Armour can be used for both forms as long as you feel you can outhit the attacks with Soul Split on.
- Warpriest armour is also a good hybrid alternative if you wish to have more defence than with Void armour.