|Release||7 September 2004 (Update)|
|I don't think insect repellent will work...|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|160 / 107 / 53|
|6 ticks (3.6s)|
The Kalphite Queen (Kalphiscarabeinae pasha) is a large kalphite who resides in the deepest room of the Kalphite Hive. She is the strongest monster in the hive.
The entrance to the Kalphite hive is due west of Shantay Pass (see Kalphite Hive § Getting there). New visitors to the hive will require a rope to climb down the hive. A second rope will also be required for entrance into the queen's room.
Once inside, the queen's chambers can be found by navigating through the tunnel. The entrance to her room is guarded by two kalphite guardians. There is a tunnel entrance in the centre of this room. It has two options: Quick-Climb, which will send players into the world encounter without any additional dialogue, and Climb down, which prompts players to either enter the world encounter or create a private instance.
An instance can be created for a base cost of 100,000 coins. A Kalphite Queen instance can hold up to 200 players, can have a custom spawn timer, and can be done in practice mode.
The world encounter for the Kalphite Queen has two additional kalphite guardians inside, and its walls are lined with several potato cactus spawns. A private instance is initially empty and contains no item spawns.
The Kalphite Queen has two forms, both with 40,000 life points and unique immunities. Both forms have the same attacks and abilities. When her first form is lowered to 0 life points, she will collapse to the ground and moult from her skin and take to the air. When her second form is lowered to 0 life points, the queen will die, leaving drops on the ground.
In her first form, she is immune to magic and ranged damage, leaving only melee attacks available as an option. In her second form, this is reversed; she is immune to melee attacks, but can be damaged with magic and ranged. Combat familiars can damage both of her forms with any style.
The Kalphite Queen has 3 basic attacks:
- Bite, a basic melee attack. Unlike her other attacks, this attack can miss.
- Lightning, a magic attack that can bounce between targets. This attack has 100% accuracy against all players.
- Spines, a ranged attack that also drains prayer points by 10. This attack has 100% accuracy against all players.
In addition to her standard attacks, the Kalphite Queen has the ability to spawn aggressive kalphite workers from the cocoons on the outer wall. She will only spawn them if she is within 10 squares of the cocoons. Each cocoon can spawn a kalphite worker multiple times.
If a dwarf cannon is set up near the queen, she has the ability to destroy it.
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 1,119 kills.|
6 charms are dropped at a time.
|Wine of Zamorak||20–40 (noted)||Common||195,620–391,240|
|Potato cactus||10–15 (noted)||Common||12,470–18,705|
|Fire talisman||8–12 (noted)||Uncommon||10,760–16,140|
|Oyster pearls||33–48 (noted)||Rare||13,695–19,920|
|Dragon 2h sword||1||Rare||150,323|
|Rare drop table||1–2||Rare||Not sold|
|Clue scroll (elite)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Clue scroll (hard)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Kq head||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Kalphite egg||1||Very rare||Not sold|
Rare drop tableEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
Luck-enhancing items such as a ring of wealth or luck of the dwarves are not required to access the table.
|Show/hide rare drop table|
|Uncut diamond||45–55 (noted)||Rare||189,630–231,770|
|Loop half of a key||1||Common||19,615|
|Tooth half of a key||1||Common||23,289|
|Uncut dragonstone||45–55 (noted)||Rare||531,495–649,605|
|Rune platebody||15–25 (noted)||Rare||558,720–931,200|
|Shield left half||1||Rare||73,211|
|Onyx bolts||135–165||Very rare||1,035,180–1,265,220|
|Water talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||347,750–438,700|
|Earth talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||124,150–156,620|
|Fire talisman||25–35 (noted)||Rare||33,625–47,075|
|Raw lobster||135–165 (noted)||Common||19,710–24,090|
|Raw shark||225–275 (noted)||Uncommon||298,800–365,200|
|Big bones||72–90 (noted)||Uncommon||27,072–33,840|
|Dragon bones||180–220 (noted)||Rare||296,640–362,560|
|Gold ore||90–110 (noted)||Common||16,290–19,910|
|Adamantite ore||180–220 (noted)||Uncommon||185,940–227,260|
|Adamant bar||14–16 (noted)||Common||36,582–41,808|
|Adamant bar||135–165 (noted)||Rare||352,755–431,145|
|Runite ore||90–110 (noted)||Rare||968,220–1,183,380|
|Rune bar||3 (noted)||Common||41,034|
|Rune bar||45–55 (noted)||Rare||615,510–752,290|
|Grimy torstol||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||391,680–478,720|
|Grimy snapdragon||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||295,560–361,240|
|Super restore (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||286,560–350,240|
|Prayer potion (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||227,430–277,970|
|Dwarf weed seed||14–16||Uncommon||18,676–21,344|
|Palm tree seed||10||Rare||1,771,760|
|Molten glass||45–55 (noted)||Common||14,355–17,545|
|Soft clay||450–550 (noted)||Uncommon||189,900–232,100|
|Yew logs||675–825 (noted)||Rare||129,600–158,400|
|Teak plank||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||39,240–47,960|
|Mahogany plank||270–330 (noted)||Rare||587,790–718,410|
|Vecna skull||1||Very rare||290,091|
|Hazelmere's signet ring||1||Very rare||34,550,901|
|Brawling gloves (Melee)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Magic)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Ranged)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Agility)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Cooking)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (FM)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Fishing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Hunter)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Mining)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Prayer)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Smithing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Thieving)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (WC)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
- The Kalphite Queen is level 98 during the Love Story cutscene.
- When the Kalphite Queen was first released, she only used two attack styles: magic and melee. A ranged attack was added to prevent players from camping her with little or no risk.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, the Kalphite Queen's "prayers" provided increased defence, rather than full immunity.
- The Kalphite Queen's drops were greatly improved after the Kalphite King was released.
- Both of the Queen's forms are similar to the life cycle of the cicada. She starts off as a beetle, then moults into an airborne insect.
- It was revealed in the April 2011 BTS that the Kalphite Queen and the King Black Dragon were due to be married on 29 April 2011, to coincide with the wedding of Prince William Windsor and Catherine Middleton in the UK.
- Kalphite Queen is included in RuneScape Top Trumps.
- The first form does not affect experience or kill count.
- On 12 September 2016 Kalphite Queen received the ability to attack players who stand under her.