|Release||14 January 2013 (Update)|
|This mighty kalphite is even more powerful than the queen.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|1587 / 1058 / 529|
|6 ticks (3.6s)|
The Kalphite King was first mentioned at RuneFest 2011 in Mod Mark's RuneScape 2012 speech. The Kalphite King is the only monster in the game that can drop the Drygore longsword, mace and rapier, along with their off-hand versions, powerful melee weapons that require 90 attack in order to wield.
The fight with the Kalphite King is a challenge that requires players to be adept with the action bar system and changes with the introduction of the Evolution of Combat. The King is also able to summon marauders to his aid.
The Kalphite King will not allow dwarf multicannons to be set up. Dreadnips and dominion mines can be used, however the latter will not do any damage. Players may leave any time they wish, by teleporting, dying or leaving by the slope they used to enter the lair.
The Exiled Kalphite Hive is located south of the Jaldraocht Pyramid in the Kharidian Desert. The easiest way of getting there is via the Bandit Camp lodestone and run south. Alternatively, players can use the magic carpet to travel to Bedabin Camp, and simply run south from there. A third option is to use a pharaoh's sceptre to teleport to the pyramid and run a short distance south.
Upon first entering the hive, there will be a blocked tunnel that can be cleared to create a shortcut (that required level 23 Agility to use). This tunnel only needs to be cleared once. Click on the entrance near the tunnel, after which you can make or join a player's instance.
After a player enters the lair, the King will spawn and the fight will begin.
|Damaged chitin||1||Always||Not sold|
|Represents a 90% confidence range.|
Based on a sample of 1,536 kills.
20 charms are dropped at a time.
Add data to the log
Note: All drops are split amongst a selection of players when using CoinShare/LootShare. Sharks are split into groups of 5, rune bars split into groups of 8, onyx bolts split into groups of 40, black dragonhide split into groups of 20, super restores being split into groups of 4, and earth talismans split into groups of 10. Grimy herbs in groups of 6. Tree seeds are split into groups of 1 or 2.
|Grimy torstol||30 (noted)||Uncommon||128,580|
|Grimy dwarf weed||30 (noted)||Uncommon||113,280|
|Grimy lantadyme||30 (noted)||Uncommon||108,120|
|Grimy snapdragon||30 (noted)||Uncommon||96,840|
|Grimy kwuarm||30 (noted)||Uncommon||139,110|
|Dwarf weed seed||10||Uncommon||11,160|
|Palm tree seed||5||Uncommon||420,495|
|Rune bar||40 (noted)||Uncommon||548,880|
|Onyx bolts (e)||200||Uncommon||1,632,400|
|Black dragonhide||100 (noted)||Uncommon||347,700|
|Super restore (4)||40||Uncommon||170,960|
|Earth talisman||50 (noted)||Uncommon||86,950|
|Rare drop table||2–3||Rare||Not sold|
|Off-hand drygore longsword||1||Rare||19,028,920|
|Off-hand drygore rapier||1||Rare||17,103,278|
|Off-hand drygore mace||1||Rare||14,455,866|
|Clue scroll (elite)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Perfect chitin||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Kalphite claw||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- ^ Must wield or have an ancient defender in your inventory, 1/50 drop rate.
- ^ Has a base drop rate of 1/2,000 with a threshold of 400.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
A ring of wealth or collector's insignia are not required to access the table.
|Show/hide rare drop table|
|Uncut diamond||45–55 (noted)||Rare||176,535–215,765|
|Loop half of a key||1||Common||15,617|
|Tooth half of a key||1||Common||27,169|
|Uncut dragonstone||45–55 (noted)||Rare||575,055–702,845|
|Rune platebody||15–25 (noted)||Rare||567,330–945,550|
|Shield left half||1||Rare||65,071|
|Onyx bolts||135–165||Very rare||1,088,505–1,330,395|
|Water talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||424,905–536,034|
|Earth talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||113,035–142,598|
|Fire talisman||25–35 (noted)||Rare||41,050–57,470|
|Raw lobster||135–165 (noted)||Common||14,310–17,490|
|Raw shark||225–275 (noted)||Uncommon||201,150–245,850|
|Big bones||79–90 (noted)||Uncommon||27,097–30,870|
|Dragon bones||180–220 (noted)||Rare||328,140–401,060|
|Gold ore||90–110 (noted)||Common||12,510–15,290|
|Adamantite ore||180–220 (noted)||Uncommon||156,060–190,740|
|Adamant bar||14–16 (noted)||Common||35,434–40,496|
|Adamant bar||135–165 (noted)||Rare||341,685–417,615|
|Runite ore||90–110 (noted)||Rare||943,200–1,152,800|
|Rune bar||3 (noted)||Common||41,166|
|Rune bar||45–55 (noted)||Rare||617,490–754,710|
|Grimy torstol||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||385,740–471,460|
|Grimy snapdragon||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||290,520–355,080|
|Super restore (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||192,330–235,070|
|Prayer potion (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||130,500–159,500|
|Dwarf weed seed||14–16||Uncommon||15,624–17,856|
|Palm tree seed||10||Rare||840,990|
|Molten glass||45–55 (noted)||Common||11,385–13,915|
|Soft clay||450–550 (noted)||Uncommon||179,100–218,900|
|Yew logs||675–825 (noted)||Rare||131,625–160,875|
|Teak plank||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||26,820–32,780|
|Mahogany plank||270–330 (noted)||Rare||567,270–693,330|
|Brawling gloves (Melee)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Magic)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Ranged)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Agility)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Cooking)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (FM)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Fishing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Hunter)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Mining)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Prayer)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Smithing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Thieving)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (WC)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
- The Kalphite King is the first monster to use player abilities against players.
- The Kalphite King was heavily patched with the patch notes of 19 June 2013. The King, after the patch notes which affected weapon accuracy, had his Defence lowered drastically so players could hit him more. However, the King was also able to hit much harder than before on players, and his minions that spawn became stronger and more accurate than before.
- For a short time after the Kalphite King was released, using binds and stuns constantly prevented the King from changing combat styles, attacking, and summoning marauders. This was quickly fixed in a hidden update.
- With the release of Legacy Mode, the Kalphite King will spawn in any combat style. Prior to this, it always spawned in melee form. The same update also reduced the slayer experience given upon death from 15,853 slayer experience to 3,963.
- A hidden update to the King turned the instance to last for 60 minutes, after which no more Kalphite Kings will spawn. Players who leave the King's lair will also have to wait for a period of time before they can make or enter another instance.
- On 7 December 2015, Kalphite King received a health bar update which now display his current health on the top of the screen similar to the Raids bosses and Araxxor.