For the music track, see Kal'Ger the Warmonger (music track).
|Release date||2 November 2010 (Update)|
|Combat level||(168, 200, 258, 264)|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Always drops||2h swords|
|Examine text||The leader and namesake of the Kal'Gerion.|
Kal'Ger the Warmonger is the leader of the Kal'Gerion demons and a servant of Bilrach. Kal'Ger is the highest levelled and toughest Dungeoneering boss within Daemonheim (requires 113 Dungeoneering) and features voice acting.
The Kal'gerion Notes tell of how Bilrach connected RuneScape to the demon's realm through his "portal experimentation." Upon seeing the true power of the Mahjarrat, Kal'Ger and his army pledged their allegiance to Zamorak and Bilrach.
All damage done to Kal'ger is capped at 2500
Upon entering the room, a cutscene starts where one of his Kal'gerion generals is summoned and tells Kal'Ger that their floor set has either been infiltrated or that their floor set stays strong. If they state that the floor has been infiltrated, Kal'Ger will say that it's unacceptable and kill the demon in one hit. However, if the demon says that the floor is strong, the demon will fly away. Immediately afterward, Kal'Ger will jump over to the player's side and begin to attack them with melee.
After dealing some damage, he will take his first weapon from the wall, his Primal longsword. After taking some more damage, he will then hop over to the other side, take his Celestial catalytic staff and begin to use a magical attack. At this point, the player can either stay on that side, or they can use the warped sprite to teleport over, and proceed to use melee. Shortly after, Kal'Ger will hop back over to the other side, and begin to use melee again this time with his Primal 2h sword. The Primal 2h in this phase of the fight can deal quite a bit of damage, but the Deflect Melee curse is able to deflect A LOT of the Primal 2h's attacks. However, it will not rebound damage back to him. Also, if the player is still on the far side, he will shout "You dare hide from me? BURN!" and toss all the players into the lava pit between them, regardless of what side they are on. This can deal a lot of continuous damage that can damage players even after they respawn in the starting room.
Shortly after, Kal'Ger will fly back over to the other side, and begin to use his Ranged attack using his Sagittarian shortbow. After EoC, his range and magic attacks will REDUCE your stats, so it is wise to save up your adrenaline and use it on the Rejuvenate abilities to recover your life points and stats that has been drained. As with the magical attack, the player can use the Warped Sprite to teleport back over to that place. Note that the orb will damage the player for about 100 lifepoints every time it is used.
Finally, he will hop back over to the other side, heal a bit and take his Primal maul, and then use melee for the rest of the battle. However, this time he can deal A LOT of damage at a rapid speed. During this phase, Kal'Ger has extremely high slash but not crush defence. In addition, his attack speed increases to 7.
After he gets his primal maul, he will copy the player's stat-boosting effects and say "Your god can't help you now!" when damaging a player using a stat-boosting prayer or curse. Also, a message will appear in the chatbox stating: "The Warmonger steals your Turmoil effects!".
Kal'Ger has an active damage reductor related to armour, the more and better armour the player has, the less damage he will inflict or technically, the player will "soak" damage, while he hits through protection prayers, having them active counts as having full tier 10 armour (promethium) equipped, however there is a problem with this, explained below.
Kal'Ger has an "annoyance" meter, which has a limit of 10, at which point, any time the player blocks ANY of his attacks with a Protect/Deflect Prayer, it will add +1 to his meter. Once this meter reaches 8, he will growl, and when it reaches 10, Kal'Ger will say, "ENOUGH!", while deactivating the player's prayers and reducing their lifepoints to one. If the player doesn't have any prayers active, but have prayed before and they tank some hits, he will remove 1 from his annoyance meter.
WARNING: If players try to hide under Kal'Ger, he will fly up and stomp the ground. This will deal 300+ damage to ALL nearby players, so it is NOT advised to hide under Kal'Ger.
When the player(s) defeat Kal'Ger, he will fall and cause an attack similar to the Wrath and Retribution prayer effects while shouting 'IMPOSSIBLE!'. He will deal damage close to the player's current life points.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Novite 2h sword 1 Varies Not sold Bathus 2h sword 1 Varies Not sold Marmaros 2h sword 1 Varies Not sold Kratonite 2h sword 1 Varies Not sold Fractite 2h sword 1 Varies Not sold Zephyrium 2h sword 1 Varies Not sold Argonite 2h sword 1 Varies Not sold Katagon 2h sword 1 Varies Not sold Gorgonite 2h sword 1 Varies Not sold Promethium 2h sword 1 Varies Not sold Primal 2h sword 1 Varies Not sold Dungeoneering journals Various parts Common Not sold
At the beginning of the battle, a random Kal'Gerion demon is teleported into the room, where they report what is currently happening on their floor set. Below are the conversations of him with the player during the fight.
- What news from your watch? (When speaking to summoned general.)
- PATHETIC! (When killing To'Kash the Bloodchiller.)
- YOU DARE FAIL ME? (When killing Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter.)
- YOU ARE A DISGRACE! (When killing Bal'Lak the Pummeller.)
- UNACCEPTABLE! (When killing Yk'Lagor the Thunderous.)
- Acceptable, begone! (When dismissing To'Kash the Bloodchiller.)
- Acceptable. Continue. (When dismissing Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter.)
- Remain vigilant. (When dismissing Bal'Lak the Pummeller.)
- Good. Continue. (When dismissing Yk'Lagor the Thunderous.)
- Now it's your turn! (After killing or dismissing the summoned general, at which point the battle would begin.)
- You dare hide from me? BURN! (When throwing a player into lava if the player had safed him beforehand.)
- Your god can't help you now! (When copying your Turmoil.)
- GRRRR! (Warning for prayer disabling special attack (8 blocked hits).)
- ENOUGH! (When disabling prayer.)
- IMPOSSIBLE! (Upon being defeated.)
- IMBECILE! (Upon using "Confuse")
The known generals of his army are listed below:
- Kal'gerion Notes, which tell much about the Kal'Gerion race and their ranks.
- Chronicles of Bilrach, which explain that the Mahjarrat Bilrach may have summoned these demons.
- Daemonheim Asunder, which chronicles the first meeting between Kal'Ger and Bilrach.
- Warmonger literally means 'a person who advocates, endorses, or tries to precipitate war.' The term is also used in some areas to describe someone who sells soldiers, weapons, or other supplies that are used in battle or someone that profits from war.
- He was called the "Toughest Dungeoneering Boss Ever™" by Jagex in November's Behind the Scenes.
- Mod Chris L did the voice for Kal'Ger.
|Abandoned 1 & 2|
|God Wars Dungeon|