After the Evolution of Combat, killcount may be somewhat harder to obtain than before. There are two spots you can use to gain the killcount:
- North from the rope. werewolves, bloodveld, vampyres and hellhounds fight the goblins and hobgoblins frequently. Meleeing will take a while, however maging is much faster and there is a safespot against bloodveld and hellhounds. The goblins and hobgoblins are much more durable now and will take more hits before going down.
- Inside Zamorak's Fortress. There are five imps that can be quickly killed. There is also a safespot against bloodveld, goraks and hellhounds.
K'ril has a unique set of attacks as one of the original God Wars Generals. As of the September God Wars update, anyone near or on the tank will also receive damage. After the Evolution of Combat update, he has the ability to increase his poison damage and decrease the duration of your antipoison potions. All of K'ril's attacks will be split evenly if near the attacked player.
- Melee attack: K'ril slices you with one of his scimitars. Not accurate now as of the Evolution of Combat, but can occasionaly hit over 1100+ damage.
- Magic attack: K'ril jumps into the air and sends a shockwave with one of his scimitars.
- Prayer draining attack: K'ril jumps into the air, saying "Yaarrgh!". A game notice will tell you he has penetrated through your prayer and you feel drained. It deals extremely heavy damage, more than his melee attacks, so players should take notice of this. With the instanced God Wars update, this attack will now be used regardless if prayers/curses are on or not. This attack can deal up to 5296 while draining a large amount of your prayer. K'ril will use this ability infrequently (Approx. 1/10 attacks) with prayer on or very rarely without it. Because of this, prayer is not advised while killing him solo.
After the Evolution of Combat update, tanking is a little easier now. Here are some strategies you may want to use when fighting him. You may implement if needed. Using the mage setup is recommended as with a full inventory and a beast of burden filled with prayer flasks which could allow you to stay for many hours.
Regardless of your combat style, the ability Debilitate is a must as it will remove half of K'ril's damage on you, therefore saving supplies for more kills. This ability should be used as your second threshold, as very often K'ril will use his special by the time you have the required adrenaline, reducing damage taken drastically.
Void setup is for players who are not tanking and are in a group of two or more.
- Helm: Full slayer helm, Black mask, Slayer helm (task only) > Tetsu Helm > Torva full helm > Bandos helm > Barrows helm > Helm of neitiznot
- Body: Torva platebody > Bandos chestplate > Barrows platebodies
- Weapon: Drygore rapier/Drygore longsword >Drygore mace > Chaotic maul > Chaotic longsword > Chaotic rapier > Abyssal vine whip > Abyssal whip
- Offhand: Offhand drygore longsword/Offhand drygore rapier >Offhand drygore mace > Offhand chaotic longsword > Offhand chaotic rapier > Blessed spirit shield > Spirit shield > Dragon defender
- Legs: Torva platelegs > Bandos tassets > Barrows platelegs
- Boots: Steadfast boots > Torva boots > Bandos boots > Dragon boots
- Gloves: Torva gloves > Ganodermic gloves > Dragon rider gloves > Grifolic gloves
- Aura: Vampyrism > Penance
- Ring: Ring of wealth > Warrior's ring (i) > Sixth-Age circuit > Warrior's ring > Berserker ring
- Pocket: Superior Scrimshaw of Vampyrism > Scrimshaw of Vampyrism > Superior Scrimshaw of Strength > Scrimshaw of Strength
- Arrows: Zamorak arrows
Food and PotionsEdit
When tanking, it is recommended not to use prayer. Following recent updates K'ril will use his prayer draining attack infrequently, dealing much more damage than if prayer was left off.
Implement if needed.
- Attack skills: Slaughter, Overpower, Massacre
- Strength skills: Assault
- Health skills: Regeneration (used for healing inbetween spawns)
Soul Split method (Melee Tank setup)Edit
- 92/95 prayer (Soul Split/Turmoil)
- 96 Herblore (Overloads)
- Good 2H weapon
- 96 Summoning
Note: Following recent updates, using Soul-Split will cause K'ril to use his prayer draining attack infrequently (Approx. 1/10). Use at your own risk!
Stand on the western half of the southern wall. When K'ril spawns, turn on Soul Split and Turmoil (Make these your Quick-prayers). Wait for him to walk over to you, then attack and use your abilities in this order: 1,2,3,9,3,4,3,5,3,9,8,7,6, then any abilities until he dies. Doing this order of abilities will always ensure that you are near full health, as your Multi-Target abilities will kill the minions as you fight K'ril.
Another method of using the same setup is to do the abilities in this order: 1,2,3,9,3,4,3,5,3,9,3,=,3,0,3,2,9,3,5,3,1,3,8. (This should finish him off, or at least get him close to death.)
After the Evolution of Combat, K'ril is weak to Fire-based spells. Prayer is not advised due to K'rils special attack.
Food and potionsEdit
Bring a full inventory of prayer/super restores, a shield, and a few pieces of rocktail/shark for emergencies, leave a few spaces open for drops.