|Release date||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||5,136 (and 1,694.8 experience)|
|Always drops||Infernal ashes|
|Examine text||A servant of the god Zamorak.|
|Assigned by||Sumona, Vannaka, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal, Morvran|
|Release date||4 March 2013 (Update)|
|XP per kill|
|Examine text||A servant of the god Zamorak.|
|Assigned by||Sumona, Vannaka, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal, Morvran|
K'ril is a member of the Tsutsaroth tribe of demons. These were the ruling tribe of a race known as Avernics, which were the slaves of the ruling Infernals, then the Chthonians, until Zamorak led them in an uprising following his ascension.
Despite K'ril's weakness to magic, high-tier Melee or Ranged weapons can also be used effectively against the boss. This being said, Mage is possibly the most effective style to kill K'ril with. The use of a wand and shield is perhaps the easiest means to solo/duo K'ril, but a staff such as Armadyl battlestaff, chaotic staff, greater runic staff or staff of light more than makes up in damage what they lack in defence.
The best spell to use for K'ril is Fire Surge or Blood Barrage. The use of high-levelled Magic equipment such as ganodermic armour, Virtus or seasinger's robes, with Soul Split lessening the need to consume food, means trips to K'ril can be sustained for several hours on simply an inventory of Prayer flasks and the super restore drops off K'ril, as well as using the altar in the room.
When he swipes his target once each with his scimitars, he is using his melee attack. When he slams both of them onto the ground and orange flames appear, he is using his magic attack. When he slams both scimitars down and a cloud of black gas spreads out, as well as exclaiming "YARRRRRRR!" then he is using his special attack. After the September God Wars Dungeon update, K'ril still targets one player. However, anybody standing on or one space near the tank will also be attacked and the damage will be divided between the players, so players should stand away from the tank. Players can be poisoned or have their prayer drained if this occurs. K'ril Tsutsaroth's special attack is capable of dealing 6000 or more damage depending on damage reduction bonus'.says the following lines:
- Attack them, you dogs!
- Death to Saradomin's dogs!
- Kill them, you cowards!
- The Dark One will have their souls!
- Zamorak curse them!
- YARRRRRRR! (Only if using his prayer-draining attack)
- Rend them limb from limb!
- No retreat!
- Flay them all!
If K'ril Tsutsaroth yells "YARRRRRRR!", players will get the following message: K'ril Tsutsaroth slams through your protection prayer, leaving you feeling drained. After the September God Wars Dungeon update, any players standing on the tanking player will receive the message: K'ril Tsutsaroth slams through <player name>'s protection prayer, leaving you feeling drained. The special attack will be used regardless of whether players are using Protect/Deflect overhead protection prayers or not.
K'ril Tsutsaroth is classified as a greater demon; thus, killing him counts towards any greater demon Slayer task, and also allows a player to take advantage of the abilities of a black mask, focus sight, hexcrest, Slayer helmet or full slayer helmet if they have a greater demon slayer task. Players will earn 1849.5 Slayer experience if they slay K'ril Tsutsaroth on their greater demon Slayer task.
- For more information, see God Wars Dungeon.
The easiest way to get there is to cast God Wars Dungeon Teleport and then run north to the hole. Once inside the dungeon, the player must run north and jump across the bridge. Alternatively, a Trollheim Teleport can be used to teleport a short distance south of the entrance, from where the player needs to run north, push aside the boulder and then run to the hole.
The World WakesEdit
K'ril Tsutsaroth appears in The World Wakes, as part of the Zamorakian faction invading Guthix's cave. The Zamorakians' aim was to kill Guthix in order for their god to return, along with the Saradominists, Armadyleans, and Bandosians. The player fights K'ril Tsutsaroth during the quest, but K'ril is defeated and forced to retreat.
Missing, Presumed DeathEdit
K'ril Tsutsaroth makes a small appearance in Missing, Presumed Death. He is at the Empyrean Citadel on behalf of Zamorak, who is attending Sliske's Grand Ascendency. His audio changes slightly depending on if the player follows Zamorak and/or fought for Zamorak during the Battle of Lumbridge.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Infernal ashes 1 Always 2,129
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune scimitar 1 Common 14,873 Zamorakian spear 1 Rare 2,630,080 Steam battlestaff 1 Rare 67,095
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Adamant platebody 1 Common 9,484 Rune platelegs 1 Common 37,194 Hood of subjugation 1 Rare 269,073 Garb of subjugation 1 Rare 6,661,914 Boots of subjugation 1 Rare 749,360 Gloves of subjugation 1 Rare 692,146 Gown of subjugation 1 Rare 5,599,285 Ward of subjugation 1 Rare 44,745 Warpriest of Zamorak helm 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak cuirass 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak greaves 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak gauntlets 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak boots 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak cape 1 Varies Not sold
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 3,225 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 15 or more creatures killed).
Potions, food, and herbsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Super attack (3)  3 Common 5,586 Super strength (3)  3 Common 12,633 Super restore (3)  3 Common 12,678 Zamorak brew (3)  3 Common 1,473
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 19,362 – 21,193 Common Not sold Infernal ashes 5 (noted) Common 10,645 Lantadyme seed 3 Uncommon 116,319 Grimy lantadyme 10 (noted) Uncommon 90,040 Runite ore 2 (noted) Uncommon 21,340 Starved ancient effigy 1 Rare Not sold Godsword shard 1 1 Rare 148,549 Godsword shard 2 1 Rare 148,215 Godsword shard 3 1 Rare 148,277 Zamorak hilt 1 Rare 608,933 Razulei's tale 1 Rare Not sold Spirit sapphire 1 Rare Not sold Spirit emerald 1 Rare Not sold Spirit ruby 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold
Hard mode dropsEdit
This is K'ril's drop table when fought in Hard Mode. He can still drop his god items.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 15,629–79,000 Common Not sold Rune platebody (noted) 2 Uncommon 76,248 Dragon helm 1 Uncommon 59,600 Palm tree seed 1 Uncommon 113,786 Infernal ashes 17–19 Uncommon 36,193–40,451 Lantadyme seed 3 Uncommon 116,319 Grimy lantadyme 8–10 Uncommon 72,032–90,040 Blood rune 360 Uncommon 143,280 Wine of Zamorak (noted) 36–38 Uncommon 180,936–190,988 Zamorakian soulstone 1 Uncommon Not sold
- ^ Estimated at 1/72 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ a b c d e f Players who participated in the Battle of Lumbridge will have a greater chance of receiving this as a drop. They will not receive the armour if they already possess it.
- ^ a b Super attack and super strength are always dropped together.
- ^ a b Super restore and Zamorak brews are always dropped together.
- ^ Estimated at 1/477 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/500 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/387 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/289 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Dropped to all players in the room, alongside one of the rare unique item drops.
- ^ The Zamorakian soulstone cannot be obtained via the Lootshare system.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200–350,3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,255 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,751 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,546 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 5,843 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 32,996 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 42,167 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,502 Dragonstone 1 Rare 9,984 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,452 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,131 Rune javelin 5 Rare 840 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,280 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,356 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,419 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,478 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,529,400 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 21,988 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,603 Shield left half 1 Very rare 63,247 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,600 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 13,800 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,272,600 Rune arrow 150 Rare 22,650 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 107,406 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 16,022 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 134,875–188,825 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 131,350–183,890 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 973 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 424 Pure essence 1,000–1,500 (noted) Uncommon 15,000–22,500 Nature rune 60–80 Rare 17,280–23,040 Soul rune 20 Rare 3,780 Law rune 45 Rare 21,735 Death rune 50 Rare 13,150 Blood rune 50 Rare 19,900 Raw swordfish 125–250 (noted) Uncommon 51,375–102,750 Raw shark 250 (noted) Uncommon 327,500 Big bones 150–180 (noted) Uncommon 96,900–116,280 Coal 550–700 (noted) Uncommon 132,550–168,700 Adamantite ore 150–250 (noted) Uncommon 294,000–490,000 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 8,800 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,067,000 Rune bar 1 Common 13,906 Rune bar 50 (noted) Very rare 695,300 Clean toadflax 35–45 (noted) Uncommon 140,630–180,810 Clean snapdragon 30–35 (noted) Uncommon 150,900–176,050 Clean torstol 16–34 (noted) Uncommon 133,536–283,764 Snapdragon seed 1 Common 2,539 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 36,153 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 6,519 Magic seed 3–7 Rare 414,126–966,294 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,137,860 Yew logs 450–550 (noted) Rare 171,900–210,100 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
- Before 31 December 2010, K'ril Tsutsaroth used to give Slayer XP as a lesser demon, rather than a greater demon.
- According to the 16th "Chronicles of Bilrach", Bilrach created and summoned K'ril Tsutsaroth for Zamorak.
- K'ril Tsutsaroth battles and defeats Commander Zilyana in a flashback during Ritual of the Mahjarrat. If it were not for Saradomin's intervention and the power of the Stone of Jas, it is unlikely that Zilyana would be alive today, which is a testament to K'ril's power.
- Before the Evolution of Combat update, K'ril was the second most poisonous monster in all of RuneScape, with a poison damage of 168. The only monster who could surpass this was Har'Lak the Riftsplitter, but only if you stood in his miasmic clouds for a very long period of time.
- Before Nex was released in an update, K'ril had the highest combat level out of all of the God Wars Bosses, with a combat level of 650.
- With Triskelion Treasures update, Zilyana's weakness has been changed from Water spells to Nothing. This makes K'ril the only God Wars Dungeon boss that is weak to a specific type of attack rather than the usual Nothing weakness that the other bosses have.
- Due to player complaints on the easiness of K'ril after the release of the Evolution of Combat, Jagex buffed K'ril with the following effects:
- Although K'ril uses his prayer smash regardless of what the player does, if a player doesn't have any prayers/curses active, the message will still say "K'ril Tsutsaroth smashes through your prayers/curses, leaving you feeling drained." It is unknown if this is an oversight or not.