|Release date||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||5,136 (and 1,694.8 experience)|
|Always drops||Infernal ashes|
|Examine text||A servant of the god Zamorak.|
|Assigned by||Sumona, Vannaka, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal, Morvran|
|Release date||4 March 2013 (Update)|
|XP per kill|
|Examine text||A servant of the god Zamorak.|
|Assigned by||Sumona, Vannaka, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal, Morvran|
K'ril is a member of the Tsutsaroth tribe of demons. These were the ruling tribe of a race known as Avernics, which were the slaves of the ruling Infernals, then the Chthonians, until Zamorak led them in an uprising following his ascension.
Despite K'ril's weakness to magic, high-tier Melee or Ranged weapons can also be used effectively against the boss. This being said, Mage is possibly the most effective style to kill K'ril with. The use of a wand and shield is perhaps the easiest means to solo/duo K'ril, but a staff such as Armadyl battlestaff, chaotic staff, greater runic staff or staff of light more than makes up in damage what they lack in defence.
The best spell to use for K'ril is Fire Surge or Blood Barrage. The use of high-levelled Magic equipment such as ganodermic armour, Virtus or seasinger's robes, with Soul Split lessening the need to consume food, means trips to K'ril can be sustained for several hours on simply an inventory of Prayer flasks and the super restore drops off K'ril, as well as using the altar in the room.
When he swipes his target once each with his scimitars, he is using his melee attack. When he slams both of them onto the ground and orange flames appear, he is using his magic attack. When he slams both scimitars down and a cloud of black gas spreads out, as well as exclaiming "YARRRRRRR!" then he is using his special attack. After the September God Wars Dungeon update, K'ril still targets one player. However, anybody standing on or one space near the tank will also be attacked and the damage will be divided between the players, so players should stand away from the tank. Players can be poisoned or have their prayer drained if this occurs. K'ril Tsutsaroth's special attack is capable of dealing 6000 or more damage depending on damage reduction bonus'.says the following lines:
- Attack them, you dogs!
- Death to Saradomin's dogs!
- Kill them, you cowards!
- The Dark One will have their souls!
- Zamorak curse them!
- YARRRRRRR! (Only if using his prayer-draining attack)
- Rend them limb from limb!
- No retreat!
- Flay them all!
If K'ril Tsutsaroth yells "YARRRRRRR!", players will get the following message: K'ril Tsutsaroth slams through your protection prayer, leaving you feeling drained. After the September God Wars Dungeon update, any players standing on the tanking player will receive the message: K'ril Tsutsaroth slams through <player name>'s protection prayer, leaving you feeling drained. The special attack will be used regardless of whether players are using Protect/Deflect overhead protection prayers or not.
K'ril Tsutsaroth is classified as a greater demon; thus, killing him counts towards any greater demon Slayer task, and also allows a player to take advantage of the abilities of a black mask, focus sight, hexcrest, Slayer helmet or full slayer helmet if they have a greater demon slayer task. Players will earn 1849.5 Slayer experience if they slay K'ril Tsutsaroth on their greater demon Slayer task.
- For more information, see God Wars Dungeon.
The easiest way to get there is to cast God Wars Dungeon Teleport and then run north to the hole. Once inside the dungeon, the player must run north and jump across the bridge. Alternatively, a Trollheim Teleport can be used to teleport a short distance south of the entrance, from where the player needs to run north, push aside the boulder and then run to the hole.
The World WakesEdit
K'ril Tsutsaroth appears in The World Wakes, as part of the Zamorakian faction invading Guthix's cave. The Zamorakians' aim was to kill Guthix in order for their god to return, along with the Saradominists, Armadyleans, and Bandosians. The player fights K'ril Tsutsaroth during the quest, but K'ril is defeated and forced to retreat.
Missing, Presumed DeathEdit
K'ril Tsutsaroth makes a small appearance in Missing, Presumed Death. He is at the Empyrean Citadel on behalf of Zamorak, who is attending Sliske's Grand Ascendency. His audio changes slightly depending on if the player follows Zamorak and/or fought for Zamorak during the Battle of Lumbridge.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Infernal ashes 1 Always 2,135
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune scimitar 1 Common 14,739 Zamorakian spear 1 Rare 2,119,730 Steam battlestaff 1 Rare 47,068
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Adamant platebody 1 Common 9,313 Rune platelegs 1 Common 37,596 Hood of subjugation 1 Rare 304,342 Garb of subjugation 1 Rare 7,337,953 Boots of subjugation 1 Rare 865,003 Gloves of subjugation 1 Rare 816,702 Gown of subjugation 1 Rare 6,561,913 Ward of subjugation 1 Rare 39,244 Warpriest of Zamorak helm 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak cuirass 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak greaves 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak gauntlets 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak boots 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak cape 1 Varies Not sold
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 6,656 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 15 or more creatures killed).
Potions, food, and herbsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Super attack (3)  3 Common 3,480 Super strength (3)  3 Common 9,384 Super restore (3)  3 Common 7,302 Zamorak brew (3)  3 Common 1,326
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 19,362 – 21,193 Common Not sold Infernal ashes 5 (noted) Common 10,675 Lantadyme seed 3 Uncommon 81,603 Grimy lantadyme 10 (noted) Uncommon 68,770 Runite ore 2 (noted) Uncommon 22,164 Starved ancient effigy 1 Rare Not sold Godsword shard 1 1 Rare 147,904 Godsword shard 2 1 Rare 147,224 Godsword shard 3 1 Rare 146,698 Zamorak hilt 1 Rare 439,431 Razulei's tale 1 Rare Not sold Spirit sapphire 1 Rare Not sold Spirit emerald 1 Rare Not sold Spirit ruby 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold
Hard mode dropsEdit
This is K'ril's drop table when fought in Hard Mode. He can still drop his god items.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 15,629–79,286 Common Not sold Infernal ashes 17–19 Common 36,295–40,565 Rune platebody 2 (noted) Common 76,432 Runite ore 4–6 (noted) Common 44,328–66,492 Pure essence 621–716 (noted) Uncommon 10,557–12,172 Super strength (3) 3 Uncommon 9,384 Dragon helm 1 Uncommon 58,770 Palm tree seed 1 Uncommon 134,952 Lantadyme seed 3 Uncommon 81,603 Battlestaff 8–10 (noted) Uncommon 62,160–77,700 Grimy lantadyme 8–10 Uncommon 55,016–68,770 Wine of Zamorak 30–39 (noted) Uncommon 85,560–111,228 Zamorakian soulstone 1 Uncommon Not sold
- ^ Estimated at 1/72 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ a b c d e f Players who participated in the Battle of Lumbridge will have a greater chance of receiving this as a drop. They will not receive the armour if they already possess it.
- ^ a b Super attack and super strength are always dropped together.
- ^ a b Super restore and Zamorak brews are always dropped together.
- ^ Estimated at 1/477 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/500 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/387 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/289 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Dropped to all players in the room, alongside one of the rare unique item drops.
- ^ a b Pure essence and super strength potions are dropped together.
- ^ Cannot be obtained with Lootshare
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200–350,3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,282 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,561 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,027 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 5,572 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 34,719 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 34,657 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 14,477 Dragonstone 1 Rare 9,933 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,483 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,195 Rune javelin 5 Rare 910 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,220 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,468 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,446 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,368 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,554,000 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,166 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,864 Shield left half 1 Very rare 63,182 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 58,770 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 13,000 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,273,200 Rune arrow 150 Rare 22,650 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 96,512 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 10,552 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 62,475–87,465 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 62,850–87,990 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 713 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 463 Pure essence 1,000–1,500 (noted) Uncommon 17,000–25,500 Nature rune 60–80 Rare 18,420–24,560 Soul rune 20 Rare 4,200 Law rune 45 Rare 19,080 Death rune 50 Rare 15,050 Blood rune 50 Rare 24,500 Raw swordfish 125–250 (noted) Uncommon 59,625–119,250 Raw shark 250 (noted) Uncommon 281,000 Big bones 150–180 (noted) Uncommon 87,300–104,760 Coal 550–700 (noted) Uncommon 133,650–170,100 Adamantite ore 150–250 (noted) Uncommon 195,900–326,500 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 9,400 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,108,200 Rune bar 1 Common 14,132 Rune bar 50 (noted) Very rare 706,600 Clean toadflax 35–45 (noted) Uncommon 119,385–153,495 Clean snapdragon 30–35 (noted) Uncommon 108,240–126,280 Clean torstol 16–34 (noted) Uncommon 91,616–194,684 Snapdragon seed 1 Common 2,480 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 21,263 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 8,547 Magic seed 3–7 Rare 522,369–1,218,861 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,349,520 Yew logs 450–550 (noted) Rare 160,200–195,800 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- Before 31 December 2010, K'ril Tsutsaroth used to give Slayer XP as a lesser demon, rather than a greater demon.
- According to the 16th "Chronicles of Bilrach", Bilrach created and summoned K'ril Tsutsaroth for Zamorak.
- K'ril Tsutsaroth battles and defeats Commander Zilyana in a flashback during Ritual of the Mahjarrat. If it were not for Saradomin's intervention and the power of the Stone of Jas, it is unlikely that Zilyana would be alive today, which is a testament to K'ril's power.
- Before the Evolution of Combat update, K'ril was the second most poisonous monster in all of RuneScape, with a poison damage of 168. The only monster who could surpass this was Har'Lak the Riftsplitter, but only if you stood in his miasmic clouds for a very long period of time.
- Before Nex was released in an update, K'ril had the highest combat level out of all of the God Wars Bosses, with a combat level of 650.
- With Triskelion Treasures update, Zilyana's weakness has been changed from Water spells to Nothing. This makes K'ril the only God Wars Dungeon boss that is weak to a specific type of attack rather than the usual Nothing weakness that the other bosses have.
- Due to player complaints on the easiness of K'ril after the release of the Evolution of Combat, Jagex buffed K'ril with the following effects:
- Although K'ril uses his prayer smash regardless of what the player does, if a player doesn't have any prayers/curses active, the message will still say "K'ril Tsutsaroth smashes through your prayers/curses, leaving you feeling drained." It is unknown if this is an oversight or not.