- This article has a related strategy guide here.
- This article has a related strategy guide here. (Hard Mode)
|Release date||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||5,136 (and 1,694.8 experience)|
|Always drops||Infernal ashes|
|Examine text||A servant of the god Zamorak.|
|Assigned by||Sumona, Vannaka, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
|Release date||4 March 2013 (Update)|
|XP per kill|
|Examine text||A servant of the god Zamorak.|
|Assigned by||Sumona, Vannaka, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
K'ril is a member of the Tsutsaroth tribe of demons. These were the ruling tribe of a race known as Avernics, which were the slaves of the ruling Infernals, then the Chthonians, until Zamorak led them in an uprising following his ascension.
Despite K'ril's weakness to magic, high-tier Melee or Ranged weapons can also be used effectively against the boss. This being said, Mage is possibly the most effective style to kill K'ril with. The use of a wand and shield is perhaps the easiest means to solo/duo K'ril, but a staff such as Armadyl battlestaff, chaotic staff, greater runic staff or staff of light more than makes up in damage what they lack in defence.
The best spell to use for K'ril is Fire Surge or Blood Barrage. The use of high-levelled Magic equipment such as ganodermic armour, Virtus or seasinger's robes, with Soul Split lessening the need to consume food, means trips to K'ril can be sustained for several hours on simply an inventory of Prayer flasks and the super restore drops off K'ril, as well as using the altar in the room.
When he swipes his target once each with his scimitars, he is using his melee attack. When he slams both of them onto the ground and orange flames appear, he is using his magic attack. When he slams both scimitars down and a cloud of black gas spreads out, as well as exclaiming "YARRRRRRR!" then he is using his special attack. After the September God Wars Dungeon update, K'ril still targets one player. However, anybody standing on or one space near the tank will also be attacked and the damage will be divided between the players, so players should stand away from the tank. Players can be poisoned or have their prayer drained if this occurs. K'ril Tsutsaroth's special attack can deal immense amounts of damage, often up to 4500+ life points (or 5500+ if the player is under the effects of Berserk).says the following lines:
- Attack them, you dogs!
- Death to Saradomin's dogs!
- Kill them, you cowards!
- The Dark One will have their souls!
- Zamorak curse them!
- YARRRRRRR! (Only if using his prayer-draining attack)
- Rend them limb from limb!
- No retreat!
- Flay them all!
If K'ril Tsutsaroth yells "YARRRRRRR!", players will get the following message: K'ril Tsutsaroth slams through your protection prayer, leaving you feeling drained. After the September God Wars Dungeon update, any players standing on the tanking player will receive the message: K'ril Tsutsaroth slams through <player name>'s protection prayer, leaving you feeling drained. The special attack will be used regardless of whether players are using Protect/Deflect overhead protection prayers or not.
K'ril Tsutsaroth is classified as a greater demon; thus, killing him counts towards any greater demon Slayer task, and also allows a player to take advantage of the abilities of a black mask, focus sight, hexcrest, Slayer helmet or full slayer helmet if they have a greater demon slayer task. Players will earn 1849.5 Slayer experience if they slay K'ril Tsutsaroth on their greater demon Slayer task. Before 31 December 2010, K'ril Tsutsaroth was classified as a lesser demon.
- For more information, see God Wars Dungeon.
The easiest way to get there is to cast Trollheim teleport, run north to the big rock, push it out of the way, and then run north to the hole. Once inside the dungeon, the player must run north and jump across the bridge.
The World WakesEdit
K'ril Tsutsaroth appears in The World Wakes, as part of the Zamorakian faction invading Guthix's cave. The Zamorakians' aim was to kill Guthix in order for their god to return, along with the Saradominists, Armadyleans, and Bandosians. The player fights K'ril Tsutsaroth during the quest, but K'ril is defeated and forced to retreat.
Missing, Presumed DeathEdit
K'ril Tsutsaroth makes a small appearance in Missing, Presumed Death. He is at the Empyrean Citadel on behalf of Zamorak, who is attending Sliske's Grand Ascendency. His audio changes slightly depending on if the player follows Zamorak and/or fought for Zamorak during the Battle of Lumbridge.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Infernal ashes 1 Always 3,034
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune scimitar 1 Common 14,794 Zamorakian spear 1 Rare 4,404,296 Steam battlestaff 1 Rare 101,739
Ammunition and RunesEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Death rune 120–125 Common 16,680–17,375 Blood rune 80–90 Uncommon 20,000–22,500
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Adamant platebody 1 Common 9,339 Rune platelegs 1 Common 37,430 Hood of subjugation 1 Rare 661,428 Garb of subjugation 1 Rare 7,584,184 Boots of subjugation 1 Rare 1,239,177 Gloves of subjugation 1 Rare 1,390,072 Gown of subjugation 1 Rare 7,605,462 Ward of subjugation 1 Rare 56,648 Warpriest of Zamorak helm 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak cuirass 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak greaves 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak gauntlets 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak boots 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak cape 1 Varies Not sold
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 3,198 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 15 or more creatures killed).
Potions, food, and herbsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Super attack (3) 3 Common 4,584 Super restore (3) 3 Common 6,729 Super strength (3) 3 Common 12,870 Zamorak brew (3) 3 Common 1,542
- Super Attack and Super Strength Potions are always dropped together.
- Super Restore and Zamorak brews are always dropped together.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 19,362 – 21,193 Common Not sold Lantadyme seed 3 Uncommon 102,198 Grimy lantadyme 10 (noted) Uncommon 90,930 Starved ancient effigy 1 Rare Not sold Godsword shard 1 1 Rare 151,218 Godsword shard 2 1 Rare 151,139 Godsword shard 3 1 Rare 150,365 Zamorak hilt 1 Rare 1,500,717 Razulei's tale 1 Rare Not sold Spirit sapphire 1 Rare Not sold Spirit emerald 1 Rare Not sold Spirit ruby 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold
Hard mode dropsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 15,629–78,500 Common Not sold Rune platebody (noted) 2 Uncommon 76,242 Dragon helm 1 Uncommon 59,386 Infernal ashes 17–19 Uncommon 51,578–57,646 Grimy lantadyme 8–10 Uncommon 72,744–90,930 Blood rune 360 Uncommon 90,000 Wine of Zamorak (noted) 38 Uncommon 157,586 Zamorakian soulstone 1 Uncommon Not sold
- ^ Estimated at 1/72 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ a b c d e f Players who participated in the Battle of Lumbridge will have a greater chance of receiving this as a drop. They will not receive the armour if they already possess it.
- ^ Estimated at 1/477 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/500 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/387 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/289 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Dropped to all players in the room, alongside one of the rare unique item drops.
- ^ The Zamorakian soulstone cannot be obtained via the Lootshare system.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,434 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,772 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,643 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 6,590 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 19,005 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 40,326 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,867 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,237 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,300 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,098 Rune javelin 5 Rare 900 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,200 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,522 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,433 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,336 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 815,000 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,348 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,840 Shield left half 1 Very rare 63,812 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,386 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 20,600 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,264,050 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 21,600–72,000 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,635,800 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 90,593 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 12,984 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 87,225–122,115 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 93,875–131,425 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 984 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 303 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 7,500–225,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 5,640–22,560 Soul rune 20 Rare 3,020 Law rune 45 Rare 11,880 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 6,950–16,819 Blood rune 50 Rare 12,500 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 52,750–422,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 441,000–882,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 98,550–328,500 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 34,200–1,710,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 302,850–1,615,200 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 10,600 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,130,700 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,215,000–22,505,000 Rune bar 1, 50 (noted) Rare 14,190–709,500 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 129,700–1,297,000 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 127,020–508,080 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 73,460–734,600 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 6,624 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 66,914–3,345,700 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 133,460–934,220 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,045,090 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,045 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 20,000–8,000,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- K'ril Tsutsaroth used to give Slayer XP as a lesser demon, rather than a greater demon.
- According to the 16th "Chronicles of Bilrach", Bilrach created and summoned K'ril Tsutsaroth for Zamorak.
- K'ril Tsutsaroth battles and defeats Commander Zilyana in a flashback during Ritual of the Mahjarrat. If it were not for Saradomin's intervention and the power of the Stone of Jas, it is unlikely that Zilyana would be alive today, which is a testament to K'ril's power.
- Before the Evolution of Combat update, K'ril was the second most poisonous monster in all of RuneScape, with a poison damage of 168. The only monster who could surpass this was Har'Lak the Riftsplitter, but only if you stood in his misamic clouds for a very long period of time.
- Before Nex was released in an update, K'ril had the highest combat level out of all of the God Wars Bosses, with a combat level of 650.
- With Triskelion Treasures update, Zilyana's weakness has been changed from Water spells to Nothing. This makes K'ril the only God Wars Dungeon boss that is weak to a specific type of attack rather than the usual Nothing weakness that the other bosses have.
- K'ril's graphics haven't been modified to the current demon models yet, along with his three bodyguards. All other pure demons (lesser, black, Kal'gerion, etc.) were graphically updated with the Demon Flash Mob update.
- Due to player complaints on the easiness of K'ril after the release of the Evolution of Combat, Jagex buffed K'ril with the following effects:
- Although K'ril uses his prayer smash regardless of what the player does, if a player doesn't have any prayers/curses active, the message will still say "K'ril Tsutsaroth smashes through your prayers/curses, leaving you feeling drained." It is unknown if this is an oversight or not.