- This article has a related strategy guide here.
- This article has a related strategy guide here. (Hard Mode)
|Release date||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||5,136 (and 1,694.8 experience)|
|Always drops||Infernal ashes|
|Examine text||A servant of the god Zamorak.|
|Assigned by||Sumona, Vannaka, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
|Release date||4 March 2013 (Update)|
|XP per kill|
|Examine text||A servant of the god Zamorak.|
|Assigned by||Sumona, Vannaka, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
Despite K'ril's weakness to magic, high-tier Melee or Ranged weapons can be used effectively against the boss. This being said, mage is possibly the most effective style to kill K'ril with. The use of a wand and shield is perhaps the easiest means to solo/duo K'ril, but a staff such as Armadyl Battlestaff, Chaotic Staff, Greater Runic Staff or Staff of Light more than makes up in damage what they lack in defence.
The best spell to use for K'ril is Fire Surge or Blood Barrage, but Fire Surge is more effective and makes getting to God Wars slightly easier (a teleport as opposed to a tab after the Love Story quest/talking to the Old man in Draynor). This in mind, the use of Ganodermic and Soul split can be sustained for several hours on simply an inventory of Prayer flasks and the Super restore drops off K'ril.
When he swipes his target once each with his scimitars, he is using his melee attack. When he slams both of them onto the ground and orange flames appear, he is using his magic attack. When he slams both scimitars down and a cloud of black gas spreads out, he is using his special attack. After the September God Wars Dungeon update, K'ril still targets one player. However, anybody standing on or one space near the tank will also be attacked and the damage will be divided between the players, so players should stand away from the tank. Players can be poisoned or have their prayer drained if this occurs. K'ril Tsutsaroth's special attack can deal immense amounts of damage, often up to 4500+ life points (or 5500+ if the player is under the effects of Berserk) .says the following lines:
- Attack them, you dogs!
- Death to Saradomin's dogs!
- Kill them, you cowards!
- The Dark One will have their souls!
- Zamorak curse them!
- YARRRRRRR! (Only if using his prayer-draining attack)
- Rend them limb from limb!
- No retreat!
- Flay them all!
If K'ril Tsutsaroth yells "YARRRRRRR!", players will get the following message: K'ril Tsutsaroth slams through your protection prayer, leaving you feeling drained. After the September God Wars Dungeon update, any players standing on the tanking player will receive the message: K'ril Tsutsaroth slams through <player name>'s protection prayer, leaving you feeling drained.
K'ril Tsutsaroth is classified as a greater demon; thus, killing him counts towards any greater demon Slayer task, and also allows a player to take advantage of the abilities of a black mask, focus sight, hexcrest, Slayer helmet or full slayer helmet if they have a greater demon slayer task. Players will earn 1849.5 Slayer experience if they slay K'ril Tsutsaroth on their greater demon Slayer task. Before 31 December 2010, K'ril Tsutsaroth was classified as a lesser demon.
- For more information, see God Wars Dungeon.
The easiest way to get there is to cast Trollheim teleport, run north to the big rock, push it out of the way, and then run north to the hole. Once inside the dungeon, the player must run north and jump across the bridge.
The World WakesEdit
K'ril Tsutsaroth appears in The World Wakes, as part of the Zamorakian faction invading Guthix's cave. The Zamorakians' aim was to kill Guthix in order for their god to return, along with the Saradominists, Armadyleans, and Bandosians. The player fights K'ril Tsutsaroth during the quest, but K'ril is defeated and forced to retreat.
Missing, Presumed DeathEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Infernal ashes 1 Always 3,450
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune scimitar 1 Common 14,838 Zamorakian spear 1 Rare 2,408,388 Steam battlestaff 1 Rare 169,689
Ammunition and RunesEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Death rune 120–125 Common 14,160–14,750 Blood rune 80–90 Uncommon 22,720–25,560
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Adamant platebody 1 Common 9,294 Rune platelegs 1 Common 37,194 Hood of subjugation 1 Rare 2,075,427 Garb of subjugation 1 Rare 11,245,023 Boots of subjugation 1 Rare 1,721,662 Gloves of subjugation 1 Rare 3,151,053 Gown of subjugation 1 Rare 10,580,880 Ward of subjugation 1 Rare 180,532 Warpriest of Zamorak helm 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak cuirass 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak greaves 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak gauntlets 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak boots 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Zamorak cape 1 Varies Not sold
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 1,645 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 15 or more creatures killed).
Potions, food, and herbsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Super attack (3) 3 Common 3,570 Super restore (3) 3 Common 6,840 Super strength (3) 3 Common 3,696 Zamorak brew (3) 3 Common 1,419
- Super Attack and Super Strength Potions are always dropped together.
- Super Restore and Zamorak brews are always dropped together.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 19,362 – 21,193 Common Not sold Lantadyme seed 3 Uncommon 126,849 Grimy lantadyme 10 (noted) Uncommon 92,190 Zamorakian soulstone 1 Uncommon Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Rare Not sold Godsword shard 1 1 Rare 151,363 Godsword shard 2 1 Rare 151,910 Godsword shard 3 1 Rare 150,557 Zamorak hilt 1 Rare 2,396,516 Razulei's tale 1 Rare Not sold Spirit sapphire 1 Rare Not sold Spirit emerald 1 Rare Not sold Spirit ruby 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold
- ^ Estimated at 1/72 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ a b c d e f Players who participated in the Battle of Lumbridge will have a greater chance of receiving this as a drop.
- ^ The Zamorakian soulstone can only be obtained while killing K'ril Tsutsaroth in the hard mode. It cannot be obtained via the lootshare system.
- ^ Estimated at 1/477 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/500 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/387 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/289 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Dropped to all players in the room, alongside one of the rare unique item drops.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,751 Uncut emerald 1 Common 3,275 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,896 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 8,335 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 26,937 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 44,195 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 17,437 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,899 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,748 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,096 Rune javelin 5 Rare 890 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,000 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,472 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,460 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,432 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 837,400 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,509 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,959 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,625 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 60,788 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 18,800 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,271,250 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,500–75,000 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,554,800 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,965,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,454,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 146,706 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 13,160 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 40,750–57,050 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 80,650–112,910 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 176 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 376 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 8,500–255,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 6,620–26,480 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,760 Law rune 45 Rare 13,185 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 5,900–14,278 Blood rune 50 Rare 14,200 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 50,875–407,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 448,750–897,500 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 85,650–285,500 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 28,200–1,410,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 463,350–2,471,200 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 11,000 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,064,200 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 4,040,000–28,280,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 13,006–1,950,900 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 89,298 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 102,200–1,022,000 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 112,560–450,240 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 53,090–530,900 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 107,500 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 8,097 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 89,325–4,466,250 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 196,328–1,374,296 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,169,430 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,043 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 19,713–611,103 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,338 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 29,400–11,760,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- K'ril Tsutsaroth used to give Slayer XP as a lesser demon, rather than a greater demon.
- According to the 16th "Chronicles of Bilrach", Bilrach created and summoned K'ril Tsutsaroth for Zamorak.
- K'ril Tsutsaroth battles and defeats Commander Zilyana in a flashback during Ritual of the Mahjarrat. If it were not for Saradomin's intervention and the power of the Stone of Jas, it is unlikely that Zilyana would be alive today, which is a testament to K'ril's power.
- Before the Evolution of Combat update, K'ril was the second most poisonous monster in all of RuneScape, with a poison damage of 168. The only monster who could surpass this was Har'Lak the Riftsplitter, but only if you stood in his misamic clouds for a very long period of time.
- Before Nex was released in an update, K'ril had the highest combat level out of all of the God Wars Bosses, with a combat level of 650.
- With Triskelion Treasures update, Zilyana's weakness has been changed from Water spells to Nothing. This makes K'ril the only God Wars Dungeon boss that is weak to a specific type of attack then the usual Nothing weakness that the other bosses have.
- K'ril's graphics haven't been modified to the current demon models yet, along with his three bodyguards. All other pure demons (lesser, black, Kal'gerion, etc.) were graphically updated with the Demon Flash Mob update.
- Due to player complaints on the easiness of K'ril after the release of the Evolution of Combat, Jagex buffed K'ril with the following effects:
- K'ril will now use his prayer smashing special regardless if the player is using prayer or not.
- K'ril's combat stats have slightly improved.
God Wars Dungeon Bosses
Alathazdrar • Mazchna • Achtryn • Sergeant Damien • Zimberfizz • Azacorax • Snow imp • Benny • Marius • Marvin • Head snow imp • Ux • Ocellus • Thammaron • The Ripper • Razulei • Razmus • Zebub • S'malyo Gsot't • Carrot • Thaththock the Thuthpithiouth • Charming imp • San'tar Klaws (spawnling) • Balthazar
|God Wars Dungeon|
Elder demons • Ripper demons • Implings • Snow imp (waiter) • Hell-Rat • Hellcat • Hellhound (Revenant) • Party Demon • Demon (POH) • Zamorakian champion • Zamorakian butcher demon • Virius (Blood reaver)