|Release date||8 February 2010 (Update)|
|XP per kill||554.6 (and 183 experience)|
|Assigned by||Chaeldar, Sumona, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
|Examine text||Who said worms were small and harmless?|
The quickest way to reach Jungle strykewyrms is by using a ring of duelling's Moblising Armies teleport option.
Jungle strykewyrms don't hit very high with their normal melee and magic-based attacks, but they have a special attack where they tunnel under your feet, then push you back from beneath. This attack hits for over 1500 damage (varies depending on your maximum life points). You can easily avoid this attack by running away as soon as it starts tunneling.
It has 3 attack types:
- A fairly weak and inaccurate melee attack.
- A special attack when the wyrm buries itself into the ground and then bursts out with tremendous force, hitting 1641 plus. This attack can be avoided by running away. (This attack can be prevented by standing with your back or side to an obstacle, such as rocks. This is highly recommended.)
- A magic attack that looks like a large purple ball which explodes upon impact.
Healing On SiteEdit
There are lobster, tuna/swordfish, shark and big net fishing spots along the coastline, near the strykewyrms. Jungle vegetation can also be cut nearby. A player with a harpoon or lobster pot, hatchet, and tinderbox in their tool belt has access to an unlimited food supply by utilising this, as does a player with a bunyip familiar summoned and swallow whole scrolls in their backpack.
As a last resort, there is a bank in Mobilising Armies that's just a short run away, and can also be accessed with a ring of duelling.
Jungle strykewyrms are generally weak against stab attacks. They are also immune to poison (as shown by Monster Examine), due to their poisonous nature.
Once the strykewyrms spawn to the surface, whether after a special attack or an inspection, the wyrm will not attack for a few seconds. This gives you the opportunity to attack it without retaliation. When asked for tips, Slayer Masters note that they are inherently passive creatures, who become aggressive upon sensing the slayer's own ill intent.
As with all strykewyrms, the jungle strykewyrm will only perform its 1641-damage tunnelling attack if the 3x3 square area around the attacking player is free from obstructions. As the jungle area is littered with rocks and trees, players are likely to be able to move into a position where they can attack without fear of such a retaliation. If abilities are used properly, it is rare that they will have a chance to tunnel. The basic ability Havoc is an extremely effective first hit.
Since they attack with melee most of the time, melee armour is suggested for killing them. Using attack and Strength potions can increase your stay times and make the tasks and kill go faster, eliminating extra damage that may occur from slower kills. There is no need to bring super defence potions because they drop them quite frequently.
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 22,520 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Nature rune 15 Common 1,665 Death rune 5,10 Common 465–930 Law rune 10 Common 1,750 Air talisman 1 Rare 152 Body talisman 1 Rare 197 Cosmic talisman 1 Rare 200 Earth talisman 1 Rare 817 Fire talisman 1 Rare 2,039 Mind talisman 1 Rare 78 Nature talisman 1 Rare 260
NOTE: Almost all herbs are noted; there may be rare cases of unnoted herbs.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy cadantine 1–4 Common 2,563–10,252 Grimy guam 1–4 Uncommon 568–2,272 Grimy marrentill 1–4 Uncommon 44–176 Grimy tarromin 1–4 Uncommon 258–1,032 Grimy irit 1–4 Uncommon 1,750–7,000 Grimy harralander 1–4 Uncommon 684–2,736 Grimy dwarf weed 1–4 Uncommon 7,998–31,992 Grimy avantoe 1–4 Rare 4,033–16,132 Grimy lantadyme 1–4 Rare 8,349–33,396 Grimy ranarr 1–4 Rare 2,322–9,288 Grimy kwuarm 1–4 Rare 2,518–10,072
NOTE: Most seeds are dropped with nature runes, though there are cases of seeds without nature runes.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Toadflax seed 1 Common 706 Limpwurt seed 1 Common 1,043 Marrentill seed 1 Uncommon 12 Tarromin seed 1 Uncommon 4 Whiteberry seed 1 Uncommon 27 Watermelon seed 1 Uncommon 2,092 Harralander seed 1 Uncommon 9 Cadantine seed 1 Uncommon 2,431 Wildblood seed 1 Uncommon 34 Bittercap mushroom spore 1 Uncommon 10 Cactus seed 1 Uncommon 25 Poison ivy seed 1 Uncommon 53 Jangerberry seed 1 Rare 3 Ranarr seed 1 Rare 992 Spirit weed seed 1 Rare 367 Strawberry seed 1 Rare 362 Kwuarm seed 1 Rare 379 Dwarf weed seed 1 Rare 42,382 Avantoe seed 1 Rare 1,981 Maple seed 1 Rare 29,823 Lantadyme seed 1 Very rare 35,611
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Adamant hatchet 1 Uncommon 612 Mithril battleaxe 1 Uncommon 793 Hexcrest 1 Rare 73,518
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200–7,844 (200 drops with 20 teak logs) Common Not sold Anagogic ort 20,40 Common Not sold Papaya fruit 3–10 (noted) Common 4,062–13,540 Pure essence 40 (noted) Common 3,600 Lobster 1, 2 Common 90–180 Super defence (1) 1 Common 42 Mithril bar 5 (noted) Uncommon 7,830 Teak logs 20 (noted) Uncommon 2,540 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Very rare Not sold Court Summons 1 Very rare Not sold
- ^ You need to be in a clan to receive this item
Rare drop table dropsEdit
|Show/hide rare drop table|
- Jungle strykewyrms used to be the only strykewyrm which inflict poison, and one of the few poisonous monsters that required a Slayer level to kill, the others being cave crawlers, cave slimes and night spiders.
- Jungle strykewyrms, along with the rest of the strykewyrms, were the first monsters in RuneScape that made use of particle effects.
- The release of strykewyrms was hinted at by the Chaos Elemental in the Postbag a few weeks earlier and by the Twitter Clue "Three strykes and they're out" which is a pun on the baseball term Three strikes and you're out!. The Twitter Clue was also posted on Facebook.
- As of 11 February, 2010, Jungle strykewyrms can be assigned by Kuradal, Duradel, Lapalok (with While Guthix Sleeps complete), Chaeldar, and Sumona.
- Strykewyrms can attack diagonally with melee. This trait is shared with certain monsters that use both melee and a long-range attack (such as metal dragons), and is not a glitch.
- In mid-October 2010, strykewyrms experienced a graphical error, which caused the textures on their bodies to become similar in appearance to wood. This glitch was fixed on 2 November 2010. This glitch reappeared later on and was fixed by 26 July 2011.
- When wearing a ring of wealth, after killing a jungle strykewyrm, it will always say "Your ring of wealth shines more brightly." This is because, like many creatures, such as cave horrors, the ring of wealth's effect applies to all drops from a jungle strykewyrm.
- If a player runs behind an obstacle just as a strykewyrm burrows into the ground, the strykewyrm will disappear. Although it will seem to respawn normally, it will leave no drops, nor count as a kill for the player. This also occurs when the Strykewyrm burrows at a familiar. This glitch has not been fixed.
|Fremennik Slayer Dungeon|
|Lumbridge Swamp Caves|
|Poison Waste Slayer Dungeon|
|Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon|
|God Wars Dungeon|
Gelatinous Abomination • Desert Lizard • Mogre • Harpie Bug Swarm • Killerwatt • Molanisk • Terror dog • Brine rat • Fever spider • Mutated zygomite • Cave horror • 'Rum'-pumped crab • Dust devil • Skeletal Wyvern • Jungle strykewyrm • Desert strykewyrm • Dark beast • Ice strykewyrm