|Release||24 November 2010 (Update)|
|Exchange||601 coins (info)|
|Examine||1 dose of juju mining potion.|
A juju mining potion is a reward from the Herblore Habitat activity. It requires level 74 Herblore to make (as well as level 80 Farming and level 80 Hunter). Making this potion grants 168 Herblore experience and requires a clean samaden and a draconic vine.
When a dose is consumed, each ore mined has a 10% chance of finding a stone spirit. Each dose of potion lasts for six minutes. Once found, the stone spirit will send all ores mined directly to the bank for 30 seconds, including extra ores obtained with the Varrock armour and bonus ores gathered from concentrated coal and gold rocks. The potion also gives a small chance of receiving higher level ore (also sent directly to your bank). It will also boost your mining experience by 10% while banking ore. The ore that activates the stone spirit to appear will be sent to the bank, but will not receive the 10% experience boost.
If your bank is full, the stone spirit will return the ore to your inventory and disappear. If the 6-minute timer runs out while you still have a stone spirit active, the stone spirit will still remain for the full 30 seconds.
Perfect juju mining potions can be made via the addition of harmony moss to a 3-dose vial of juju mining potion. It has the same effects as the normal juju mining potion with the added ability of the stone spirit to automatically smelt ores that are sent to the bank. However, the stone spirit will appear but will not smelt anything for smithing experience while mining clay, limestone, coal, sandstone, gem rocks, granite, red sandstone, and crystal-flecked sandstone. The effect also lasts 1 hour instead.
|Samaden potion (unf)||1||31,655||31,655|
Price per doseEdit
|Item||GE price||Price per dose|
|Juju mining potion (1)||601||601|
|Juju mining potion (2)||2,111||1,056|
|Juju mining potion (3)||32,673||10,891|
|Juju mining potion (4)||49,163||12,291|
To make Juju mining potions without fully understanding all of the complexities of Herblore Habitat, follow this guide.
The goal is to obtain Samaden seeds and Draconic vines for the potion. Draconic vines are only dropped by Draconic Jadinkos. For catching Draconic jadinkos you need Juju hunter potions. You have to make some Juju hunter potions first. Here you can find how to make a Juju hunter potion.
- Bring a hatchet and around 1,000 coins to Herblore Habitat.
- From Papa Mambo located in the northern section of the area, purchase some juju vials, a Red blossom seed and 3-4 Marasamaw plant traps. If your tool leprechaun or tool belt does not have a seed dibber and a spade, purchase these as well.
- Plant the Red blossom seed in the flower patch located in the centre section of the area. This will cause common jadinkos to spawn in the northern area.
- Trap common jadinkos with the Marasamaw plant traps until you have obtained Samaden seeds and Lergberry seeds. As these drops are random you may have to trap more than 500 of them, be prepared.
- Once obtained, plant the Samaden seed in the herb patch (a second herb patch is available to the east by crossing the large vine hanging over the water), the Lergberry seed in the bush patch, and construct a Dark pit in the construction spot. Adding some Juju hunter potion to the red vine flower will cause Draconic jadinkos to spawn in the northern area of the activity area. Trap these with your Marasamaw plant traps. Each one captured will give the player a Draconic vine. After about 10 minutes you get a message that your hunter potion is about to wear off. Add some Juju hunter potion to the red vine flower to catch Draconic jadinkos for another 10 minutes.
The Samaden herbs will grow in the normal amount of herb growth time (~80 minutes). The camps are accessed by climbing over a large vine that separates them from each other.
- Pick the Samaden weeds and use the cleaned Samaden weeds on a Juju vial of water. Add the Draconic vine to this mixture.
- When Divination was released, on 20 August 2013, the effect of a juju mining potion was changed from banking the ores to giving additional experience and automatically smelting mined ores, due to the Divination item Signs of the Porter having the same effect as the old potion. This was reverted back to its original effect on 10 November 2014 with the release of the second batch of Prifddinas, and the smelting effect was added to the perfect juju mining potion instead. Both potions retained the +10% XP boost however.
|Unfinished Juju potions|
|Perfect juju potions||
|Witchdoctor camouflage gear||