|Release date||27 August 2002 (Update)|
|Examine|| A cynical old man.|
Jethick is an elderly citizen of West Ardougne unaffected by the plague. He can be found in the town square of West Ardougne. He is a friend of Edmond. He appears to be quite active within the local community, and believes King Lathas to be playing an active role in the oppressive conditions in West Ardougne. He also believes King Tyras to be responsible for the plague.
When Edmond hired an adventurer to sneak into West Ardougne via the Ardougne sewers to find his daughter Elena, he directed them to Jethick. Jethick was initially unable to help, but upon being shown a picture of Elena, he claimed she was staying with Ted Rehnison while she aided plague victims. He asked the adventurer to return a book about growing turnips that he had borrowed from the family.
When the adventurer began a revolution to remove the Mourners, he joined, wanting to tear down the walls surrounding the city. After King Lathas's deposition, he was happy to see increased visitation to West Ardougne, but didn't like the noise and disruption that this caused.
- Jethick's dialogue is unaffected by whether or not the player is wearing full mourner gear, unlike the dialogue of some other NPCs in East and West Ardougne.
- ^ Edmond, "Plague City", RuneScape. "Once you're in the city look for a man called Jethick, he's an old friend and should help you."
- ^ Man, "Plague City", RuneScape. "Old Jethick knows a lot of people, maybe he’ll know where you can find her."
- ^ Jethick, "Plague's End", RuneScape. "I did! Didn't I tell you all? Old King Ulthas would never have let this happen." Upon being informed that King Lathas is in league with the Mourners
- ^ Jethick, "Plague's End", RuneScape. "Hello. I've been seeing more newcomers around here since the revolution. I don't miss the plague... but it would be good to have more peace and quiet."
|Part 1 of the Elf quest series|