For the creature in Daemonheim, see Jelly (Daemonheim).
|Release date||26 January 2005 (Update)|
|Combat level||95, 98|
|XP per kill||332 (and 109.6 experience)|
|Assigned by||Chaeldar, Vannaka|
|Examine text|| • Needs cream.....|
• Doesn't look so tough...
|Release date||21 April 2009 (Update)|
|XP per kill||184 (and 60.7 experience)|
|Assigned by||Chaeldar, Vannaka|
|Examine text|| • There's always room for jelly.|
• Looks scared to see me.
A Jelly is a Slayer monster that requires level 52 Slayer to kill, appearing to be a jumbled skeleton and a beating heart suspended in translucent green or white substance. They are commonly killed to obtain hard (level 3) clue scrolls, as they are one of the weakest creatures that drop them. Unlike most monsters, Jellies have multiple examine texts depending on the individual Jelly.
Jellies are most commonly killed in Fremennik Slayer Dungeon. Players can get there via the Fairy rings, using code A-J-R. This is also a fast way to bank in Zanaris.
- Fremennik Slayer Dungeon (10)
- Soul Wars
- Mahjarrat Ritual Site Cavern (Need to have completed The Tale of the Muspah)
- Chaos Tunnels
Strengths and weaknessesEdit
Jellies use a ranged based melee attack, even though slayer masters will tell you their attacks are a form of magic, so players should wear anti ranged armor such as chainbodies when fighting them.
The Jellies that are located in the Chaos Tunnels are in the same room as Poison spiders and Giant Crypt Spiders, therefore it is suggested not to use that location. However, if the player has a Combat level of at least 129, the poison spiders will not be aggressive (although the giant crypt spiders will still be). Most players regard the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon as the best place to kill Jellies, as there are many of them and they are the only monsters in the chamber. There appears to be a safe spot in the south part of the room where the jellies are in the Fremmenik slayer dungeon, just below the rocks. Note: Only the jellies in the southern most part of the room make this safe spot possible. After the Evolution of Combat went live the levels of the Jellies in the Fremennik Slayer Cave have changed. However, even though they are all the same level, the two blue Jellies that spawn in the east of the chamber have significantly more Life Points than the other Jellies (Including the blue Jelly that spawns to the west.) and give more Slayer and Combat Experience.
Another good place to kill them is at Soul Wars, if they are the player's current Slayer task. It may be slower, and players will probably be killed by other players, but slayers get the activity's rewards in addition to the slayer experience. Also, players do not need food, as bandages are free. Unfortunately, the Jellies at Soul Wars drop nothing but soul fragments. The Mahjarrat Ritual Site Cavern, found under Trollweiss Mountain during The Tale of the Muspah, where Jhallan goes back into hibernation, is host to some Jellies. Travel there by boat from the Rellekka Hunter area. Jellies are the only monsters there. This location also provides a safe spot from which to use range/mage.
Dwarf multicannons cannot be used against Jellies, as the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon, Chaos Tunnels, Soul Wars, and the Mahjarrat Ritual Site Cavern do not allow them. Guthan's armour set may be useful, however, due to its healing abilities, but is not recommended due to the negative magic defence bonuses.
Tips for slayerEdit
If needed for a slayer task, one can simply go to Soul Wars and kill them there for the task and slayer experience, without caring about losing anything (although other players, including those on the opposing team, as well as others fighting the same jellies can be a nuisance), and they can then spend won zeal on additional slayer experience. If a player takes this approach to slaying jellies however, it should be noted that they will not receive any drops aside from soul fragments.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Chaos rune 15 Uncommon 615 Death rune 5 Uncommon 465 Water rune 5–21 Rare 65–273 Blood rune 7 Rare 1,148
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Steel battleaxe 1 Common 267 Steel 2h sword 1 Common 399 Steel hatchet 1 Common 34 Mithril kiteshield 1 Uncommon 1,024 Mithril boots 1 Uncommon 1,094 Rune full helm 1 Rare 20,756 Steel platebody 1 Rare 1,117 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare 24,584
Please don't add to the log if you are killing within Soul Wars.
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 54,395 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 11–497 Common Not sold Gold bar 1 Uncommon 135 Thread 10 Rare 150 Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (Hard) 1 Very rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold
Rare drop table dropsEdit
Ring of Wealth improves the chance of getting a clue scroll
|Show/hide rare drop table|
- Unique white Jellies can be found in the Mahjarrat Ritual Site Cavern which have a white "outer shell".
- Jellies may be based on a creature in the game Dungeons & Dragons called a gelatinous cube, which is a large cube of a jelly like substance that lived in dungeons, dissolving anything in their path.
- The examine text "There is always room for jelly" is a reference to the Jell-o advertising slogan "There is always room for Jell-o".
- The examine texts "Wibbly." and "Wobbly..." are possible references to Doctor Who.
- Each jelly has some miscellaneous items inside, probably from dead adventurers. These items are, for example, Shears, Chisels, Bananas, Skulls and/or Slices of Pie.
- Jellies' drops are quite similar to the drops from a Greater Demon.
- The jellies also have a beating heart in their centre.
- Jellies are one of the two slayer monsters to be featured in Soul Wars, the other being Pyrefiends.
- Although Jellies have bones in their centre, they do not drop them when they die.
- A possible hidden update in late January 2012 (exact date unknown) may have lowered the clue scroll drop rate for jellys.
- Killing jellies in Daemonheim count towards a players slayer task.