Jayene Kliyn is one of the people of Burgh de Rott who needs escorting to Paterdomus in Temple Trekking. She is a medium follower, with medium life points and combat stats. She is also a member of the Burgh de Rott militia, specialising in ranged combat.
|By escorting Jayene on the trek, she will gain levels. She will unlock certain abilities as her level increases:
Jayene is extremely easy to train, especially at lower levels. She could get to level 20 in her first combat event, as long as she does most of the damage. The easiest way to train Jayene is to stand between her and the monster, and wait until she attacks it. That way, she will train the most, without getting hit.
For Ghasts, the best way to train is to run back to the entrance of the event as soon as it starts. This traps the Ghasts on the trees and rocks, allowing Jayene to range to Ghasts without taking damage. You will also not take any damage. You can also do the same at the 'escape' path. This is effective for any followers who use Range or Mage, such as Pazuzu.
- Jayene uses two arrows after the "Twin fire" upgrade regardless of the fact she doesn't have a Dark bow by then.
- Jayene is a very easy medium follower to level as she is accurate on all monsters but the snakes, despite them oddly enough being weak to arrows.
- Before the Temple Trekking update, she did not have a bow.
- Jayene is the only follower using Ranged.
- When Jayene helps you cut down trees, she appears to be using her bow as an axe.
- Since the combat update, there is currently a glitch where when she attacks, she appears to use a punching animation rather than fire her bow, however the arrows can be seen firing.
- She fires her dark bow 3 times as fast as a player can, but her hits are significantly lower than what a player can land with the bow, assuming dragon arrows are used, though her damage per minute is roughly the same. Players can easily outdamage her using a crystal bow or better weapon.