Herblore Habitat is a members only area that was released on 24 November 2010. It is based in the south-east area of Karamja, and found within the confines of a jade vine grown from a cutting with the help of magic by the witch doctor Papa Mambo. Participating in the Herblore Habitat involves growing plants and creating habitats with Farming and Construction. These habitats attract jadinkos, reptilian plant creatures whose lives are linked to the vine. Once attracted to the area, the jadinkos can then be caught with Hunter for their vines. The vines can be used to make magical juju potions with Herblore. These potions can have varied effects, such as attracting rarer jadinkos to the habitat, increasing hunting success, summoning special spirits or increasing experience in certain skills.
To begin using Herblore Habitat effectively a player must have a minimum of 54 Farming, 70 Hunter, and 54 Herblore. The highest requirements for utilising all content in Herblore Habitat are 80 Farming, 81 Hunter, 75 Herblore, and 55 Agility. A Construction level of 80 is extremely helpful, but can be assisted by another player or substituted by cash payments to Papa Mambo. It is highly recommended to have at least 56 Construction to avoid spending large sums of money. Players should also have money, a hatchet and farming tools stored in a tool leprechaun or on their tool belts. There are no quest requirements.
There are no level requirements to enter Herblore Habitat. For example, if a clue scroll requires a player to enter Herblore Habitat, they can enter the area and complete the scroll.
To get started, players must travel to Herblore Habitat. It is advised to bring money in one's money pouch to purchase supplies from Papa Mambo's Shop. Players can teleport directly Herblore Habitat by purchasing a juju teleport spiritbag for 2,000 coins from Bettamax, who roams the western side of Taverley. The spiritbag teleports the player to the northern part of Herblore Habitat near Papa Mambo. Papa Mambo's Shop also sells spiritbags.
It is also possible to get to Herblore Habitat on foot. The entrance is east of Shilo Village and east of the waterfall, on the south bank of the river. Climb over the vines to get inside. Shilo Village can be reached using Vigroys cart, part of the Shilo Village cart system, or Karamja gloves 3. Alternatively, use a ring of duelling to teleport to the Duel Arena, run to the Al Kharid gnome glider, and fly to Karamja (Gandius). Once in Karamja, run north west around the water and then south west until the player comes to the stepping stones. Jump across the stones, run east, and climb over the vines. Probably the easiest free and infinitely reusable method would be to use the fairy ring network: the fairy ring CJS can be used to teleport to the Kharazi Jungle, then machete through the foliage to the north and make the short walk to Herblore Habitat - although this method requires extensive questing.
Once at Herblore Habitat, players should talk to Papa Mambo located at the entrance. First-time players can ask Papa Mambo for free seeds to get started. Players can also purchase hunter and farming gear from his shop if necessary. To begin, a new player will need a few marasamaw plants, and blossom seeds.
There are 4 areas separated by vines.
- Papa Mambo's Shop. All critical supplies required can be purchased from Papa Mambo (except for hatchets, which are needed to clear the fruit tree patch)
- The cauldron, which is just east of Papa Mambo, is a water supply for both vials and watering cans
- Hunting area (marasamaw trapping only)
- Zombie farmer, who can look over all but the vine blossom patch and second vine herb patch
- Astlayrix, who will keep track of jadinko preferences
- Farming features
- Vine blossom patch (northeast patch)
- Vine bush patch (southwest patch)
- Vine herb patch (southeast patch)
- Regular fruit tree patch (northwest patch)
- Regular compost bin, located on the east side
- Tool leprechaun
- Environmental feature patch, located in the centre
South area Edit
- Deposit box, located in the southwest corner
- Agility shortcut giving access to the east area, located in the northeast corner
- Tunnel into the Jadinko Lair, near the deposit box. (Must be unlocked from the Jadinko Lair first)
- Hunting area (marasamaw trapping)
- Hunting area (tracking)
East area Edit
This part of Herblore Habitat is an island accessed using a climbing vine. The vine is an agility shortcut requiring 55 agility. Using this vine shortcut yields 30 agility experience in three parts of ten for climbing the vine, crossing the vine, and climbing back down the vine. The shortcut can be failed which results in the player having to try again. Players must climb onto the vine from the South area.
- Vine herb patch
- Hunter area (marasamaw trapping only)
Farming in Herblore Habitat is the most important skill needed. Without the minimum requirement of level 54, the blossoms which attract the most basic jadinko cannot be planted, thus there will be nothing to hunt, and therefore no ingredients to make potions. That said, boosts and assists can be used to plant the blossoms. The scroll of life from dungeoneering works with all of the farming patches in Herblore Habitat.
Inside the middle area of Herblore Habitat, there are several farming patches:
- A vine blossom patch, for growing vine blossoms
- A vine bush patch, for growing vine bushes
- A vine herb patch, for growing vine herbs (a second vine herb patch is located in the east area)
- A fruit tree patch, for growing all normal fruit trees
Tending the patchesEdit
Tending the patches is done in the normal way:
- Remove weeds with a rake
- Optionally add compost, supercompost or cast fertile soil
- Plant seeds with a seed dibber
- Water plants (only vine blossoms and fruit tree saplings need to be watered)
- Harvest plants
- Remove plants (chop down fruit trees with a hatchet and remove the stump with a spade or remove bushes with a spade)
Like other patches, weeds will not grow back if Fairy Tale III - Orks Rift has been completed and the weed-free patch ability has been enabled.
Herblore Habitat has a tool leprechaun, who gives access to the same tool store as all other leprechauns. This leprechaun can also store 30 of each of the following:
- Juju hunter potion (3)
- Juju farming potion (3)
- Scentless potion (3)
- Saradomin's blessing (3)
- Guthix's gift (3)
- Zamorak's favour (3)
There is a compost bin in the Herblore Habitat farming area that works the same as compost bins at allotment patches. Several items from Herblore Habitat can be used to make compost in any compost bin. Pungent vines make supercompost when put into the compost bin. Vine herbs make regular compost. Compost is very important to successful farming because it affects growth, disease, and harvest similar to regular farming. It is recommended to use supercompost whenever possible.
Vine blossom patchEdit
The vine blossom patch is the most basic patch for attracting jadinkos. Only blossom seeds can be planted in this patch. Blossom seeds are easy to obtain because they are the only seeds that can be purchased from Papa Mamba. Players can buy all three blossom seed colours from Papa Mambo's Shop for 50gp each. The vine blossom patch cannot be protected by the zombie farmer.
|Red blossom seeds||Red vine blossom||Bought from Papa Mambo,|
|Blue blossom seeds||Blue vine blossom||Bought from Papa Mambo,|
|Green blossom seeds||Green vine blossom||Bought from Papa Mambo,|
Vine herb patchesEdit
There are two vine herb patches at Herblore Habitat. One is located in the middle area, while the other can be found in the east area. Only vine herbs may be grown here. The herb seeds can be obtained from hunting the jadinkos. Only the vine herb patch in the middle area can be protected by paying the zombie farmer. Since vine herb seeds are so rare it is worthwhile to pay to have them watched. Unless the player finds they are getting more seeds than they can grow, use the patch in the east area only if it is absolutely necessary or if the player intends to remain close by to keep an eye on them. The witchdoctor mask is a useful teleport to return to the middle area herb vine patch from the second herb vine patch in the east area.
|Erzille seeds||Grimy erzille||Jadinko drop||58||87||87||3 green vine blossom|
|Argway seeds||Grimy argway||Jadinko drop||65||110||125||4 red vine blossom|
|Ugune seeds||Grimy ugune||Jadinko drop||70||135||152||3 blue vine blossom|
|Shengo seeds||Grimy shengo||Jadinko drop||76||140.5||160||5 lergberries|
|Samaden seeds||Grimy samaden||Jadinko drop||80||170||190||5 kalferberries|
Vine bush patchEdit
Vine bushes are required to attract some jadinkos. The berries harvested from vine bushes can be used as payment to the Zombie farmer to protect the more valuable vine herbs samaden (5 kalferberries) and shengo (5 lergberries).
|Lergberry seeds||Lergberries||Jadinko drop||61||145.5||31.5||236.3||3 Red vine blossom|
|Kalferberry seeds||Kalferberries||Jadinko drop||77||220.2||52.5||375.3||3 Lergberries|
Fruit tree patchEdit
The Fruit tree patch can grow any type of fruit tree, but only apple, banana, and orange trees will attract jadinkos. Players may only receive apple, banana and orange seeds from the jadinkos. Players who do not play Herblore Habitat can still use this patch for regular farming.
|Apple tree seeds||Apple||Jadinko drop,|
|Banana tree seeds||Banana||Jadinko drop,|
|33||28||10.5||1,750.5||4 baskets of apples|
|Orange tree seeds||Orange||Jadinko drop,|
|39||35.5||13.5||2,470.2||3 baskets of strawberries|
|Curry tree seeds||Curry leaf||Birds' nest||42||40||15||2,906.9||5 baskets of bananas|
|Pineapple seeds||Pineapple||Birds' nest||51||57||21.5||4,605.7||10 watermelons|
|Papaya tree seeds||Papaya||Birds' nest,|
|Palm tree seeds||Coconut||Birds' nest||68||110.5||41.5||10,150.1||15 papayas|
The zombie farmer can protect three patches in return for payment. He can protect the vine herb patch, the vine bush patch, and the fruit tree patch.
|Type of Plant||Payment Charge|
|Erzille seed||3 x green vine blossom|
|Argway seed||4 x red vine blossom|
|Ugune seed||3 x blue vine blossom|
|Shengo seed||5 x lergberries|
|Samaden seed||5 x kalferberries|
|Lergberry seed||3 x red vine blossom|
|Kalferberry seed||3 x lergberries|
|Apple tree||9 x Sweetcorn|
|Banana tree||4 x Basket of apples|
|Orange tree||3 x Basket of strawberries|
|Curry tree||5 x Basket of bananas|
|Pineapple tree||10 x Watermelon|
|Papaya tree||10 x Pineapple|
|Palm tree||15 x Papaya fruit|
Jadinkos are creatures that can be hunted in the Herblore Habitat. Ten types of jadinkos are caught using box trapping with a marasamaw plant and an optional withered vine or pungent vine as bait. The other three jadinko types are tracked and caught with the noose wand on the tool belt. Each jadinko requires certain environmental conditions in order to be attracted to the hunter areas. Three of the jadinkos caught with a marasamaw plant are named after the three main gods and their preferences change every week and are different for every player. The other ten jadinkos have the same environmental preferences each week. Astlayrix, who is found in the middle area, can give the player more information about catching jadinkos and keeps track of jadinko preferences for the player.
Each type of jadinko requires a different combination of plants in the Herblore Habitat farming patches. The following table outlines the combinations that each jadinko is attracted to. If the Jadinko has a certain preference, the blossom, environmental feature, juju hunter potion, bush, or fruit tree type will be listed, otherwise any type of seed can be used. Plants don't need to be fully grown to take effect. However, their effect will stop working immediately if they get diseased/die.
Catching at least one of all 10 jadinkos weekly provides experience rewards and a chance to obtain a piece of the Witchdoctor camouflage gear. The Rewards section of this page has more detailed information.
|Jadinko||Hunter Level||XP||Method||Juju hunter potion?||Blossom||Environmental feature||Bush||Fruit Tree||Vine||Seeds|
|Common||70||350||Marasamaw trap (North)||No||Any||Any||Any||Any||Withered vine||All|
|Shadow||71||475||Tracking||No||Red||Abandoned house||None||Any||Shadow vine||All|
|Igneous||74||465||Marasamaw trap (South)||No||Blue||Thermal vent||Lergberry||Orange||Marble vine||Bush|
|Cannibal||75||475||Marasamaw trap (South)||Yes||Green||Tall grass||Kalferberry||None||Plant teeth||Bush|
|Aquatic||76||475||Marasamaw trap (South)||Yes||Red||Pond||Kalferberry||Apple||Aquatic vine||Blossom|
|Amphibious||77||485||Marasamaw trap (North)||No||Blue||Pond||Lergberry||None||Oily vine||Fruit Tree|
|Carrion||78||505||Marasamaw trap (South)||No||Green||Boneyard||Kalferberry||None||Pungent vine||Herb|
|Camouflaged||79||600||Tracking||Yes||Any||Standing stones||Lergberry||None||Striped vine||All|
|Draconic||80||525||Marasamaw trap (North)||Yes||Red||Dark pit||Lergberry||None||Draconic vine||Herb|
Efficient catching methodEdit
The player will need the following for the "one seed efficient" method:
- 1 Green/Red/Blue blossom seeds
- 1 Kalferberry/Lergberry seeds
- 1 Banana/Apple/Orange saplings
- 3 strawberry baskets (noted), if the player wants to make sure the orange tree matures
- 1 Juju hunter potion (2 doses will suffice) or a Hunter cape
- Up to 5 Marasamaw plants (depending on the player's hunting level)
- Hunter's Catalyst fragment/Combined Catalyst fragment (Optional, removes need to reset marasamaw plants on failed catches)
- Spade (Optional. Use on the fruit tree patches to quickly plant new seeds. Tool belt will not work)
- Do not water the vine blossom patch while creating the habitats to attract the jadinkos
A "one seed efficient" method to unlock and catch all 10 Jadinkos would be to follow these steps:
- Common jadinko - Plant a green blossom seed (Marasamaw, North)
- Carrion jadinko - Plant a kalferberry bush and build a boneyard (Marasamaw, South)
- Diseased jadinko - Plant a banana tree (Noose wand, South)
- Cannibal jadinko - Build tall grass, use a dose of juju hunter potion on the vine blossom patch or activate the Hunter cape (Marasamaw, South)
- Shadow jadinko - Plant a red blossom seed and build an abandoned house (Noose wand, South)
- Aquatic jadinko - Plant an apple tree, build a pond, and use another dose of juju hunter potion on the vine blossom patch/or activate Hunter cape if the effect of the previous potion has worn off (Marasamaw, South)
- Camouflaged jadinko - Plant a lergberry bush, build standing stones, and use another dose of juju hunter potion on the vine blossom patch/or activate Hunter cape if the effect of the previous potion has worn off (Noose wand, South)
- Draconic jadinko - Build a dark pit and use another dose of juju hunter potion on the vine blossom patch/or activate Hunter cape if the effect of the previous potion has worn off. Trap until the juju hunter potion effect wears off. (Marasamaw, North)
- Amphibious jadinko - Plant a blue blossom seed and build a pond (Marasamaw, North)
- Igneous jadinko - Plant an orange tree (pay 3 strawberry baskets to zombie gardener), build a thermal vent (Marasamaw, South)
While using the juju hunter potion (or activating the Hunter cape) is not required to attract all 10 jadinko types, if it is applied then the chance of attacting god jadinkos hints will increase, as they can only be attracted with treated blossom flowers. Talking to Astlayrix near the vine blossom patch will provide the player with instructions/tour and unlock common and igneous jadinkos.
As the juju hunter potion lasts 10 minutes (and the effects do not vanish if the players digs up the blossoms to replace them with a different blossom seed colour) it is possible to catch all the jadinkos with just the one dose or cape activation, presuming the player only catches one or two of each type. This entire cycle uses one of each blossom seed colour type, one of each bush seed type, and one of each fruit tree seed/sapling type - the only repeated item is to rebuild a pond.
There are 3 god jadinkos, Saradomin, Zamorak, and Guthix. Their preferences change weekly and are different for each player.
If the player has 2 or 3 out of the 4 requirements for a particular god jadinko and has a juju hunter potion in effect, the player may get a 'hint' message in their chat box, alerting the player that x number of the god jadinko preferences have been met. In addition, a matching god jadinko will make a short appearance next to the player inside of the middle area when a hint is received.
|Jadinko||Hunter Level||XP||Method||Juju hunter potion?||Blossom||Environmental feature||Bush||Fruit Tree||Vine||Seeds|
|Guthix||81||600||Marasamaw trap (East)||Yes||Different from others||Random||Random||Same as others||Guthix vine||All|
|Zamorak||81||600||Marasamaw trap (East)||Yes||Different from others||Random||Random||Same as others||Zamorak vine||All|
|Saradomin||81||600||Marasamaw trap (East)||Yes||Different from others||Random||Random||Same as others||Saradomin vine||All|
Just like regular jadinkos, god jadinko combinations do not include the herb patch.
Attracting God jadinkosEdit
Cycling through the environmental features is the easiest way to get hint messages shown in 'All Chat'. As each god jadinko has a unique blossom each week, the addition of the correct environmental feature will secure two out of four requirements almost guaranteeing a hint. If all the player's god jadinko requirements are two and three off, the player has the wrong fruit tree.
Another strategy is to locate the required fruit tree before the bush, because every week the fruit tree is the same for all three god jadinkos. This saves the extra work of changing the fruit tree multiple times, and only changing the environmental feature patch, vine blossom patch, and vine bush patch.
Keep in mind these facts:
- Whatever is growing in the vine blossom, vine bush, and fruit tree patches do not need to be fully grown to attract the god jadinkos.
- The potion effect does not wear off if the player picks the blossoms or removes them with a spade.
- Do not water the vine blossom patch while determining requirements for attracting god jadinkos.
- If the player has 3 or 4 of the requirements and removes one of them, the player might not be warned that the player now has only 2 or 3, so keep good track of the warning messages.
- It may also be a requirement to have an clear vine bush patch, clear fruit tree patch or a clear environmental feature patch to successfully attract the god jadinkos.
- The god jadinkos may or may not be attracted by the same things in the bush patch and the feature patch. It's perfectly possible for two of them to be attracted by a planted lergberry bush while the third is attracted by a clear bush patch, for example.
- Vine blossoms are the only patch where each god jadinko is always attracted to a separate type, and never to an clear patch.
- The vine blossom patch needs to be treated with a juju hunter potion for god jadinkos to be attracted. The Hunter Cape perk provides the same effects of a juju hunter potion when activated.
- Growing apple and banana trees can be cleared prematurely by right clicking the patch; an orange tree however, requires that the player "use" a spade from their inventory on the patch (Papa Mambo sells spades for 3 coins).
- The reset time for god jadinkos is the same as weekly resets; Wednesday 00:00 UTC.
Trial and error strategyEdit
To attract a god jadinko (random):
- 1. Clear all patches: fruit tree, vine bush, vine blossom in Herblore Habitat farming area.
- 2. The vine herb patch is not part of the requirements and can have various types of herbs grown, growing, or clear.
- 3. Have one of each fruit tree seed/saplings (orange, apple, banana) and a few of each bush and blossom seed types in inventory. Obtain a juju hunter potion or wear Hunter cape.
- 4. Green/Red/Blue blossom seeds can be bought from Papa Mambo's Shop, as well as spades and plant pots. Kalferberry and lergberry seeds for vine bush patches are obtained by hunting regular jadinkos. Juju hunter potions can be purchased on Grand Exchange or made from a clean erzille and a corrupt vine obtained from hunting diseased jadinkos, with level 54 Herblore.
- 5. Plant one blossom seed type in the vine blossom patch (e.g. red blossom seed).
- 6. Apply a dose of juju hunter potion to the vine blossom patch or activate the Hunter cape.
- 7. Do not water the vine blossom patch while determining requirements for attracting god jadinkos.
- 7. Cycle through environmental features: Use the Construct Environmental Feature interface in the middle of the Herblore Habitat farming area and build each feature beginning with 'No feature'. Watch carefully for hint message in chat interface, 'All Chat', regarding god Jadinkos. Wait for message to appear 3 to 5 seconds. If successful one of the environmental features will activate a hint message “You have met 2 of the requirements to attract a [Saradomin/Zamorak/Guthix] jadinko”), meaning that the vine blossom and environmental feature patches are correct. If not, replant with a different blossom seed type (e.g. green or blue blossom seed) and repeat the cycle through the environmental features while watching for above hint. The environmental feature 'No feature' may also be a requirement for god jadinkos.
- 8. Plant a fruit tree seed/sapling in the fruit tree patch. If successful a hint message will activate “You have met 3 of the requirements to attract a [Saradomin/Zamorak/Guthix] jadinko”, meaning that the vine blossom, environmental feature, and fruit tree patches are correct. If not, dig up the fruit tree with a spade and replant with a different type of fruit tree seed/sapling while watching for above hint. It is possible that a clear fruit tree patch is the requirement. While the fruit tree patch is clear watch for hint message “You’ve attracted some [Saradomin/Zamorak/Guthix] Jadinko to the nearby island” indicating that the all requirements are met and no fruit tree needs to be planted.
- 9. Make sure that juju hunter potion effect is s still active. Re-apply potion or activate Hunter cape.
- 10. Plant a bush seed in the vine bush patch. The vine bush patch can be either a Lergberry or Kalferberry bush, or it can be clear. If the condition required is a clear vine bush patch, the hint message will activate “You’ve attracted some [Saradomin/Zamorak/Guthix] Jadinko to the nearby island” immediately upon planting the correct fruit tree type. If not, dig up the bush with a spade and replant with the other type of bush seed while watching for above hint.
- 11. Each week the fruit tree patch will be identical for all 3 god Jadinkos.
To change to a different god jadinko:
- 1. The fruit tree patch will not change unless it is over a week since the last fruit tree seed/sapling planting. If over a week, begin again with above instructions for god jadinko (random).
- 2. The reset time for god jakinkos is the same as weekly resets; Wednesday 00:00 UTC.
- 2. Leave fruit tree and vine bush planted. If the fruit tree patch requirement is already determined to be clear, then this will be the requirement for all 3 god jadinkos for the week. Do not plant another fruit tree.
- 3. Each week a different blossom seed type will be associated with one of the god jadinkos (e.g. red blossom = Guthix; green blossom = Saradomin; blue blossom = Zamorak).
- 3. Change the blossom seed type in the vine blossom patch and apply juju hunter potion or activate the Hunter cape.
- 4. Do not water the vine blossom patch while determining requirements for attracting god jadinkos.
- 5. Cycle through environmental features waiting for hint message.
- 6. If hint message is “You have met 2 of the requirements to attract a Saradomin/Zamorak/Guthix jadinko,” then fruit tree and environmental feature patches are correct. Replant with next blossom seed type.
- 7. When hint message is “You have met 3 of the requirements to attract a Saradomin/Zamorak/Guthix] jadinko”, then fruit tree, environmental feature, and vine blossom patches are correct. Plant the other bush seed type in the vine bush patch and watch for hint messages. Should the player receive the hint message “You’ve attracted some [Saradomin/Zamorak/Guthix] jadinkos to the nearby island", then the fruit tree, environmental feature, vine blossom, and vine bush patches are correct.
- 8. After digging up bush with spade, when the vine bush patch is clear, watch for hint message “You’ve attracted some [Saradomin/Zamorak/Guthix] jadinkos to the nearby island" as a clear vine bush patch may also be a requirement.
Spawn location, levels, and boosts:
- 1. The nearby island spawn point for god jadinkos is located south of the farming section and accessed by using the climbing vine to enter the island.
- 2. A juju hunter potion has a 10 minute timer and must be active to attract the god jadinkos.
- 3. The Hunter cape perk provides vine blossoms the effects of a juju hunter potion when activated.
- 4. Level 81 hunter is required to trap god jadinkos using marasamaw plants bought from Papa Mambo's Shop. Summoning an Artic bear familiar will provide a +7 hunter boost.
- 5. The Hunter's Catalyst fragment/Combined Catalyst fragment from (Sliske's Endgame rewards will reset several marasamaw plants automatically if they fail to catch jadinkos and increase success rates.
- 6. The Witchdoctor camouflage gear set improves a player's chance of catching jadinkos. The Hunter's outfit increases experience gained stacking with the enhanced yaktwee stick granting a total of 11% experience boost.
The following jadinkos can be caught by box trapping with a marasamaw plant.
|Jadinko||Picture||Hunter level||Exp||Primary drop||Vine Usage||Possible 2nd drop|
|Common||70||350||Withered vine||Trap bait||Any type of seed|
|Igneous||74||465||Marble vine||Juju farming potion||Vine bush seeds|
|Cannibal||75||475||Plant teeth||Juju cooking potion||Vine bush seeds|
|Aquatic||76||475||Aquatic vine||Juju fishing potion||Vine blossom seeds|
|Amphibious||77||485||Oily vine||Juju woodcutting potion||Fruit tree seeds|
|Carrion||78||505||Pungent vine||Supercompost||Vine herb seeds|
|Draconic||80||525||Draconic vine||Juju mining potion||Vine herb seeds|
|Saradomin||81||600||Saradomin vine||Saradomin's blessing||Any type of seed|
|Guthix||81||600||Guthix vine||Guthix's gift||Any type of seed|
|Zamorak||81||600||Zamorak vine||Zamorak's favour||Any type of seed|
The following jadinkos can be caught by tracking, which requires a noose wand.
|Jadinko||Picture||Hunter level||Exp||Primary drop||Vine Usage||Possible 2nd drop|
|Shadow||71||475||Shadow vine||Scentless potion||Any type of seed|
|Diseased||78||580.5||Corrupt vine||Juju hunter potion||Any type of seed|
|Camouflaged||79||600||Striped vine||Payment to Papa Mambo to ward off jadinkos||Any type of seed|
Construction plays a role in Herblore Habitat. The construction skill is used in building environmental features that are necessary for attracting jadinkos with certain preferences. There is no construction experience gained for building environmental features; it uses no materials and does not require a saw or hammer. It is possible to boost up to 3 Construction levels by drinking a cup of tea made in a player owned house and then quickly teleporting to the Herblore Habitat area (with a juju teleport spiritbag or the witchdoctor mask). Cups of tea from the Ye Olde Tea Shoppe (a tea stall in southeast Varrock) or from a tea flask or a heated tea flask do not boost construction. Players can also request assistance from other players in order to meet the required levels. Neither player will receive experience (because the action doesn't grant experience), but this allows players to build the environmental feature for free.
If the player does not have the Construction levels required to build the environmental features, talk to Papa Mambo and select the 'Build' option. The player will need to do this each time they change the environmental feature without the required Construction level. It can cost up to 80,000 coins to build a single environmental feature.
|Environmental Feature||Level||Mambo cost|
Potions can be made out of the many items collected while hunting and farming. Each has a unique ability.
Of the various juju potions, only 6 types can be stored with the tool leprechaun at Herblore Habitat, and they must be 3-dose vials. The others can only be stored in the player's bank. Six types of vines used in juju potions may also be stored with the tool leprechaun. A maximum of 30 vines and potions of each type may be stored.
- Juju hunter potion (3)
- Juju farming potion (3)
- Scentless potion (3)
- Saradomin’s blessing (3)
- Guthix’s gift (3)
- Zamorak’s favour (3)
- Corrupt vine
- Marble vine
- Shadow vine
- Saradomin vine
- Zamorak vine
- Guthix vine
Potions can be decanted at the Grand Exchanges and the Max Guild.
|Potion||Levels needed||Herb needed||Farmer payment||Secondary ingredient||Experience for making||Effect (per dose)|
|Juju hunter potion (guide)||54||58||78||Erzille||3 Green vine blossom||Corrupt vine / Diseased jadinko||123||Necessary to attract certain jadinkos (pour on vine blossom patch)|
|Scentless potion (guide)||59||65||71||Argway||4 Red vine blossom||Shadow vine / Shadow jadinko||135||All traps placed are treated as though smoked with a torch|
|Juju farming potion (guide)||64||70||74||Ugune||3 Blue vine blossom||Marble vine / Igneous jadinko||146||Each herb picked from a herb patch has a 1/3 chance of producing an extra herb|
|Juju cooking potion (guide)||67||76||75||Shengo||5 Lergberry||Plant teeth / Cannibal jadinko||152||Used to cook juju gumbo, a high-healing food|
|Juju fishing potion (guide)||70||76||76||Shengo||5 Lergberry||Aquatic vine||158||Each shark caught has a 1/3 chance of being a baron shark|
|Juju woodcutting potion (guide)||71||80||77||Samaden||5 Kalferberry||Oily vine / Amphibious jadinko||160||Each set of logs chopped from a fruit tree has a 1/10 chance of producing a wood spirit for 30 seconds, which automatically banks logs|
|Juju mining potion (guide)||74||80||80||Samaden||5 Kalferberry||Draconic vine||168||Each ore mined from a rock has a 1/10 chance of producing a stone spirit for 30 seconds, which automatically smelts any ore or coal mined. Coal is not needed to complete higher level bars.|
|Saradomin's blessing (guide)||75||80||81||Samaden||5 Kalferberry||Saradomin vine||170||Provides a +10% bonus to Farming XP when farming in the Herblore Habitat|
|Guthix's gift (guide)||75||80||81||Samaden||5 Kalferberry||Guthix vine||170||Provides a +10% bonus to Herblore XP when brewing juju potions|
|Zamorak's favour (guide)||75||80||81||Samaden||5 Kalferberry||Zamorak vine||170||Provides a +10% bonus to Hunter XP when hunting jadinkos in the Herblore Habitat|
Besides receiving experience and Juju potions, players can earn weekly experience rewards and a boost-enhancing costume that provides teleportation to Herblore Habitat. Strange rocks may also be found whilst training in the area.
The reset time for god jadinkos is the same as weekly resets; Wednesday 00:00 UTC.
If the player catches at least one of each jadinko type in the same week, Papa Mambo will message in 'All Chat' regarding the reward. A player may choose to receive experience in farming, hunter, or herblore. The amount of experience earned is equal to twice as much experience as the player would receive for turning in a pair of strange rocks.
If the player catches at least one of each God jadinko in the same week, Papa Mambo will message in 'All Chat' regarding the option to receive another reward - which will be 50% of the regular jadinko reward. If the player catches the God jadinkos before catching the regular ones, the player will NOT get a message from Papa Mambo about collecting all the God jadinkos, but the player can still claim the bonus reward after all 10 regular jadinkos are caught.
If the player catches all the jadinkos but does not claim the reward from Papa Mambo, the reward will be lost at the next reset.
The formula is , where x is the skill level.
template = Template:Herblore_Habitat_calc form = shf result = shr param = 1|Skill's Level||int|1-99
|Herblore Habitat calculator|
|Calculator is loading...|
|0 Experience Points|
Extra experience in Herblore HabitatEdit
In addition to the "chunk" experience bonus given by Papa Mambo for catching all three god jadinkos in a given week, there is a thirty minute experience bonus given to all Herblore Habitat related Hunting, Farming, and Herblore training. This time begins when the player collects the chunk experience bonus, and ends prematurely if the player logs, so only collect the reward when ready to use the thirty minutes. The bonus experience depends on the witchdoctor clothing worn, with the mask and top giving 2% each and the legs 1%.
Witchdoctor camouflage gearEdit
On any week that the player catches all of the normal jadinkos at least once, the player will have a random chance to get either the witchdoctor legs or witchdoctor robes regardless of what piece(s) the player has already obtained.
The player will receive the witchdoctor mask when the player has managed to catch three god jadinkos in the same week as the player has caught ten regular jadinkos.
If the player already owns one or more Witchdoctor masks, the player will not receive an additional one after capturing all the normal and god jadinkos. It is helpful to have a Witchdoctor mask stored in the bank for quick teleporation to Herblore Habitat and another to complete the Witchdoctor Camouflage gear set stored in the costume room of the player-owned house. The drop trick can be used to bypass this restriction.
In order to obtain all 3 pieces, the player must have 55 Agility, 81 Hunter, 77 Farming, 54 Herblore and optionally 80 Construction (or money to pay for environmental features to be built). Boosts and assists can be used for Construction, but assists cannot be used to bypass the Farming requirement as the Kalferberry and Lergberry seeds are untradeable. Players can only receive one piece of either witchdoctor robes/legs during the same week and it is not uncommon for a player to get the same piece multiple weeks in a row.
The Witchdoctor camouflage gear set can be stored in the armour case of the player's costume room in the player-owned house. All three items are stored together.
After obtaining one or more pieces of the witchdoctor armour, if a player talks to Pauline Polaris at the Livid Farm on Lunar Isle, they will receive Mambo's potion. When consumed, Mambo's potion will grant the player an extra 3,000 Farming experience. The player may only receive the potion after having watched the Livid Farm introduction.
- There was a glitch where juju potions gave no Herblore experience when made. This was fixed 15 October 2013.
|Witchdoctor camouflage gear||