The Jade vine maze was released in October 2007, along with the Back to my Roots quest. It is located just east of Shilo Village. The maze is heavily featured in the Back to my Roots quest, and the follow-up miniquest, Returning Clarence.
Some modes of transportation are:
- Eagle transport system
- Shilo Village - walk east from Shilo Village, take the Agility shortcut to the north, walk further north and take another Agility shortcut to the west, and finally walk south to the maze.
- Abyssal rift - get to the Nature altar through the Abyssal Rift, exit the altar, and walk south-east to the maze. (You can also use a teleport tablet to get to the nature altar.)
- Charter ship to the Ship yard
- Gnome glider to Gandius - South of the Ship yard
- Tai Bwo Wannai teleport and then running south-east from the village.
- Witchdoctor mask or Juju teleport spiritbag to teleport to the Herblore Habitat, walk west, take the Agility shortcut to the north, walk further north and take another Agility shortcut to the west, and finally walk south to the maze.
- Monkey (Level 12)
- Jungle spider (Level 70) - aggressive and poisonous
- Giant ant soldier (Level 100)
- Giant ant worker (Level 70)
- Tenacious toucan (Level 120)
- Giant Wasp (Level 100)
- Frog (Level 110) - These frogs are unique to Karamja, as they are poisonous. They're not aggressive though.
- Pernicious parrot (Level 90)
- Snake wrapped around tree - Not attackable, but is poisonous. Your Agility enables you to evade the snake strike.
- Karamjan Jungle eagle - Does not fight, but is used for transportation.
- Machete - for cutting vines within the maze
- Antipoison potion - to counter the effects of poison
- Food (monkfish or better)
- Good armour, and potions
- Equipment for large prayer bonus
- Prayer book (With a Holy symbol, for countering poison)
- Antipoison totem
- The maze has a number of navigational options:
- Enter hole
- Enter vine
- Climb up/down vine
- Cut/squeeze/crawl through vines - cutting the vines will require a machete
- Swing-on vine
- There is an Eagle in the Jade Vine Maze, which is part of the Eagle transport system from the Eagle's Peak quest. Using a rope on this eagle will unlock this destination.
- If you fall within the maze (i.e. at the Eagle platform, or while swinging the vine), you will stumble upon a hole (which resembles a tree stump) nearby that you can enter. This will take you to another random point within the maze.