|Release date||28 June 2011 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy this item? You can get a replacement from the loyalty shop in Burthorpe.|
|Store price|| 15,000 Loyalty points|
|Examine||Get XP in 10 different skills within 3 hours to receive a bonus XP reward.|
It is capable of being activated for three hours and has a recharge period of 21 hours. This means a player must wait a total of 24 hours between activations of the aura. Like all the other auras, it is depleted if the player unequips it after activating it, but this does not reduce the amount of time required before it can be activated again. For example, if a player unequips the aura 15 minutes after activating it, 23 hours and 45 minutes must pass before it can be activated again. Also, as with all auras, if the account using it is logged out while the aura is activated, the timer will continue to run out.
To claim the reward, you must either wait for the full 3 hours to run out or unequip the aura after gaining exp in the 10 skills. You may determine if you have gathered experience in an sufficient number of skills while the aura is still equipped by clicking on the "Aura time remaining" option in the Worn Equipment interface. Since 11 April 2012 a message will appear in chat after reaching experience in the last necessary skill. This message would appear again if you log out then back in.
The description of this aura reads:
"Get XP in 10 different skills within 3 hours to receive a bonus XP reward, which can be earned by speaking to Xuan. Until you claim your reward, any XP gained in addition to that needed to earn a reward in the first place will not count towards a further reward. "
Any amount of XP in any skill, even 1 point, is all that is necessary for that skill (combat or non-combat) to count as completing one of the 10 skills needed to obtain the reward. Experience rewards, however, such as Penguin Points, will NOT count towards the 10 skills.
When the aura depletes, talk to Xuan to receive a reward book. The aura must be depleted to get the reward. If the three hours is not up and the experience in 10 skills has been received (check time remaining to see progress and also to see how many skills in which experience has been gained in during the active period), simply unequip the aura to deplete it.
You may not activate the aura again until you claim and use your reward from the previous activation from Xuan.
The experience reward seems to be , where x is the level of the skill on which you use the reward. This is the same experience as turning in a pair of strange rocks.
You will not be able to reuse the aura until you redeem your reward book.
template = Template:Shattered heart calc form = shf result = shr param = 1|Skill's Level||int|1-120
|Calculator is loading...|
|0 Experience Points|
|[view] • [talk]|
Like all other items equipped in the aura slot, this provides no equipment bonuses.
If claiming rewards from Xuan in Varrock market square, there exists a routine that can fulfil the aura's requirements in under 1 minute.
- A bronze axe, tinderbox, and knife stored in your toolbelt.
- Any melee weapon, preferably an Abyssal whip or any other weapon with a shared XP option.
- 2 Air runes or a Staff of air
- Any Seer's headband
Skills needed: 40 Thieving.
Korasi's sword is recommended since its special attack is magic and its stab attack is controlled. This means you'll get experience in 5 skills with just one special attack and one regular hit from Korasi's sword: Magic, Constitution, Attack, Strength and Defence.
- Activate Jack of trades.
- Pickpocket a nearby guard.
- Switch to the controlled attack style with any weapon and kill the guard.
- Equip Korasi's sword and use its special attack to finish off the guard. -or- Equip the staff of air and cast Wind Rush on the guard.
- Bury the guard's bones. (skip if using Bonecrusher)
- Cut two logs from a normal tree, then burn one log, and fletch another.
All of these steps can be completed just north of Xuan in Varrock market square. Simply remove the aura and you'll get a message to meet Xuan and collect your Tome. It is not necessary to use the Tome immediately, as it is possible to store the Tome in your bank, unlike other XP rewards such as lamps. However you cannot have more than one Tome at once.
A routine for Burthope which incurs no combat exp (useful for pures, requires one bucket of water or soft clay).
- Activate Jack of trades.
- Perform a lap on the Burthope agility course.
- Travel South West and mine an ore each of tin, copper and clay.
- Smelt a bronze bar, make a clay pot.
- Travel further South, catch a crayfish and chop down two trees. Make a fire to cook the crayfish and fletch the spare log.
- Steal from one of the Taverley Market stalls.
Other easy things you can do include: superheating an ore (smithing and magic exp), carving a wooden knot (1 in 5 chance of obtaining if using the dwaven army axe to cut a tree, this gives crafting xp), cleaning a herb (herblore xp), harvesting 1 part of a patch (farming xp), summoning a familiar (summoning xp), winding a toy mouse and releasing it (Agility xp) or fletching any log.
Tasks that don't count
These provide experience in a skill but do not count towards training 10 skills for this aura
- Exchanging Dungeoneering Tokens for Dungeoneering experience
- Random event reward Experience lamps and Books of Knowledge
- Minigame rewards (Soul Wars, Pest Control, Temple Trekking, etc.)
- Distractions and Diversions (Circus, Ancient Effigy, Penguin Hide and Seek, etc.)
- The name is based on the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none" meaning a person who is somewhat skilled at everything, but not exceptional at any one thing.
- At level 1 and again at level 58 or higher, 7 experience tomes provide more bonus XP than 16 Penguin Hide and Seek points.