|Release date||28 June 2011 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy this item? You can get a replacement from the Loyalty Shop.|
|Store price|| 15,000 Loyalty points|
|Examine||Get XP in 10 different skills within 3 hours to receive a bonus XP reward.|
It is capable of being activated for three hours and recharges at 00:00 UTC. Like all the other auras, it is depleted if the player unequips it after activating it. Also, as with all auras, if the account using it is logged out while the aura is activated, the timer continues to run out.
To claim the reward, you must either wait for the full 3 hours to run out or unequip the aura after gaining exp in the 10 skills for the normal aura, 15 skills for the master aura, or 20 skills for the supreme aura. You may determine if you have gathered experience in a sufficient number of skills while the aura is still equipped by clicking on the "Aura time remaining" option in the Worn Equipment interface. Since 11 April 2012 a message appears in chat after reaching experience in the last necessary skill. The message reappears if you log out then back in.
Warning: If you destroy this aura for whatever reason, when you reclaim it back from Xuan, the timer is completely reset, meaning you have to wait until the next day before you can actually activate and use it.
This aura was the only class 2 aura in the game from the launch of the Members Loyalty Programme until 22 September 2011 when a new batch of class 2 auras was released. The master and supreme versions were released on 27 January 2014.
Until you claim your reward, any XP gained in addition to that needed to earn a reward in the first place does not count towards a further reward.
Any amount of XP in any skill, even 1 point, is all that is necessary for that skill (combat or non-combat) to count as completing one of the skills needed to obtain the reward. Experience rewards, however, such as Penguin Points, do NOT count towards the skills.
When the aura depletes, talk to Xuan to receive a reward book. The aura must be depleted to get the reward. If the three hours is not up and the experience in skills has been received (check time remaining to see progress and also to see how many skills in which experience has been gained in during the active period), simply unequip the aura to deplete it.
Attempting to activate the aura while in possession of a reward book fails with the message:
- You must claim and use your reward from the Jack of Trades aura before you can gain another.
The experience reward is
where x is the level of the skill on which you use the reward.
template = Template:Jack of trades calc form = jotf result = jotr param = type|Jack of trade|Normal|select|Normal,Master,Supreme param = level|Skill Level|1|int|1-120
|Calculator is loading...|
|Please submit the form|
|[view] • [talk]|
Tiers and informationEdit
Before a higher tier can be bought, previous tiers must also be bought. For the total cost, a player must also keep the cumulative cost in mind. See the table below for more information.
|Tier||Loyalty points cost|| # of skills|
|XP at level 99|
|2||Jack of trades||15,000||15,000||10||14,554.5|
|3||Master Jack of trades||30,000||45,000||15||19,406|
|4||Supreme Jack of trades||60,000||105,000||20||24,257.5|
A quick, cheap and easy way to complete the required skill of a Jack of Trades aura is to use a daily routine after activating the aura. There are three main suggested ways, the Taverley & Burthorpe routine, the Varrock routine, and the Prifddinas routine listed below.
Taverley & Burthorpe routineEdit
- The methods presented here can be performed by anyone regardless of level. Higher–level alternatives exist, and may be substituted if the player chooses.
Note: The Gnome Shopkeeper's Armoury in Burthorpe provides both a bronze sword and a chargebow (which supplies its own ammunition) for free.Recommended items:
|1–6.||Start from the Taverley lodestone and travel north to the flax field.|
|7–8.|| Trade with Ayleth Beaststalker north of the pond to obtain a free Bird snare.
|9–11.||Travel to Jack Oval's crafting Shop.|
|12–16.|| Set your melee combat experience to Balanced, and ranged combat experience for an option that is not Defence.
|17.|| Travel to Poletax's Herblore Shop, taking the free Grimy guam.
|18.||Follow the road south from Poletax's Herblore Shop to the market.|
|19.|| Travel to Pikkupstix's Summoning Shop, collecting the 7 Spirit shards, 1 pouch, 1 gold charm, and 1 Wolf bones for free.
|20.|| Travel to the Burthorpe Agility Course.
Alternatively, a Toy mouse can be used to gain the agility experience negating the need to teleport away from, or complete the agility course.
- Staff of fire & Nature runes (or Explorer's ring 4)
- A raw fish
- A Summoning pouch
- 45 Vibrant energies and 20 Chinchompas for creating a Divine box trap.
|1.||Start at the South-west Varrock mining site.|
|2–7.||Travel to Varrock Square.|
|8.||Teleport to the Air Altar via the Wicked hood.|
|9.|| Travel to the Varrock West Bank.
|10–15.||Set your melee combat experience to Balanced, and ranged combat experience for an option that is not Defence.|
|16–19.||Travel to the Varrock Palace courtyard.|
|20.|| Travel to Treznor at the Varrock Palace tree patch.
Alternatively, pick a White fruit from the White tree in the Varrock Palace garden (Requires completion of the Garden of Tranquility quest), or pick berries from the Bush patch south of the South-west Varrock mining site during the first step of this routine.
- Explorer's ring 4
- A Melee and Ranged weapon along with armour, ammo, and equipment to kill a Cadarn mage and/or Cadarn ranger.
- Toy Mouse
- A raw fish
- A log
- A grimy herb, or a herb and a Vial of water
- A Summoning pouch or a Bone
- Enough Divine energy & resources to make a Divine fishing bubble or Divine hunter spot
- 1 Nature rune and 4 Fire runes if an Explorer's ring 4 is decided against
|1.||Start from the Prifddinas lodestone.|
|3–6.||Deposit your inventory and withdraw a Toy mouse, a raw fish, a log, and a herb.|
|7.||or|| Withdraw a bone or a Summoning pouch from the bank.
|8–10.|| Travel to the Crwys sector.
|11–15.||Deposit your inventory in the Crwys bank chest, and withdraw a Melee and Ranged weapon along with food, armour, and ammo to comfortably kill a Cadarn mage and/or Cadarn ranger.|
|16–17.||Travel to the Cadarn flax patch.
|18–20.||Travel to the Trahaearn sector and deposit your inventory in the bank chest. Withdraw the Explorer's ring 4, or Fire and Nature runes to cast Superheat Item.|
Tasks that don't countEdit
These provide experience in a skill but do not count towards training 10 skills for this aura
- Exchanging Dungeoneering Tokens for Dungeoneering experience
- Minigame rewards (Soul Wars, Pest Control, Temple Trekking, etc.)
- Distractions and Diversions (Circus, Ancient Effigy, Penguin Hide and Seek, etc.)
- The name is based on the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none" meaning a person who is somewhat skilled at everything, but not exceptional at any one thing.
- Prior to a hidden update on 3 December 2013, the Jack of trades aura had a cooldown period of 24 hours from activation.
- If you activate the Tier 3 (or 4) aura and have gained experience in 10 skills the aura says "You have earned XP in 10 of the 15 (or 20) necessary skills. You can claim a reward now, or carry on for a greater reward." This mechanic is different to all other auras. Normally the higher tier overrides the previous tier, with this one, the rewards of the previous tiers are also still accessible.
- If a higher tiered aura is purchased, it will be placed in your bank ready to be activated.
- Successfully completing a lower tiered aura and obtaining the reward book, then purchasing the next tier of aura enables the player to collect multiple reward books on the day of purchase.