Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release||28 June 2011 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy this item? You can get a replacement from the Loyalty Shop.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Examine||Gain XP in 10 different skills within 3 hours to receive a bonus XP reward.|
It is capable of being activated for three hours and recharges at 00:00 UTC. Like all the other auras, it is depleted if the player unequips it after activating it. Also, as with all auras, if the account using it is logged out while the aura is activated, the timer continues to run out.
This aura was the only class 2 aura in the game from the launch of the Members Loyalty Programme until 22 September 2011 when a new batch of class 2 auras was released. The master and supreme versions were released on 27 January 2014.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
Before a higher tier can be bought, previous tiers must also be bought. For the total cost, a player must also keep the cumulative cost in mind. See the table below for more information.
|Tier||Loyalty point cost||Skills||XP at 99|
|2||Jack of trades aura||15,000||15,000||10||14,554.5|
|3||Master jack of trades aura||30,000||45,000||15||19,406|
|4||Supreme jack of trades aura||60,000||105,000||20||24,257.5|
|5||Legendary jack of trades aura||120,000||225,000||25||29,109|
Any amount of training XP in any skill, even 1 point, is all that is necessary for that skill (combat or non-combat) to count as completing one of the skills needed to obtain the reward. However, experience rewards such as quests and minigames do not count towards the aura reward.
To claim the reward, you must either wait for the full 3 hours to run out or unequip the aura after gaining exp in the 10 skills for the normal aura, 15 skills for the master aura, 20 skills for the supreme aura, or 25 skills for the legendary aura. You may determine if you have gathered experience in a sufficient number of skills while the aura is still equipped by clicking on the "Aura time remaining" option in the Worn Equipment interface. A message appears in the chat box after reaching experience in the last necessary skill. Until you claim your reward, any XP gained in addition to that needed to earn a reward in the first place does not count towards a further reward.
When the aura depletes, talk to Xuan or Dilwyn to receive a reward book. The aura must be depleted to get the reward. If the three hours is not up and the experience in skills has been received (check time remaining to see progress and also to see how many skills in which experience has been gained in during the active period), simply unequip the aura to deplete it.
If you destroy this aura for whatever reason, when you reclaim it back from Xuan, the timer is completely reset, meaning you have to wait until the next day before you can actually activate and use it.
Attempting to activate the aura while in possession of a reward book fails with the message: "You must claim and use your reward from the Jack of Trades aura before you can gain another."
The experience reward is
where x is the level of the skill on which you use the reward.
template = Template:Jack of trades calc form = jotf result = jotr param = type|Jack of trade|Normal|select|Normal,Master,Supreme,Legendary param = level|Skill Level|1|int|1-120
|Calculator is loading...|
|Please submit the form|
- The name is based on the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none", meaning a person who is somewhat skilled at everything, but not exceptional at any one thing.
- Prior to a hidden update on 3 December 2013, the Jack of trades aura had a cooldown period of 24 hours from activation.
- If you activate the Tier 3 (or 4) aura and have gained experience in 10 skills the aura says "You have earned XP in 10 of the 15 (20 or 25) necessary skills. You can claim a reward now, or carry on for a greater reward." This mechanic is different to all other auras. Normally the higher tier overrides the previous tier, with this one, the rewards of the previous tiers are also still accessible.
- If a higher tiered aura is purchased, it will be placed in your bank ready to be activated.
- Successfully completing a lower tiered aura and obtaining the reward book, then purchasing the next tier of aura enables the player to collect multiple reward books on the day of purchase.
- It would take 605 legendary jack of trades reward books to get from level 1 to 99, which would take 303 days provided the player is using vis wax to reset their aura. This is correct for all skills except Invention, which has a different experience reward table.