|Farming level||Cannot be grown|
|Examine||Members world: Choking ivy, ready to be cut down.|
Free world: Some ivy.
Ivy, referred to in the skill guide and its members examine text as choking ivy, is a vine which grows upon several walls throughout Gielinor and may be chopped down by members for woodcutting experience. It was released along with the Woodcutting Rebalance update on 23 September 2009. Level 68 Woodcutting is required to chop this vine and chopping grants 332.5 Woodcutting experience. No items are directly obtained through chopping the vine other than obtaining 1-2 strange rocks, if you have not already received them from woodcutting, and bird's nests. Players may choose to wear a strung rabbit foot while cutting to increase the number of bird's nests received. When an ivy vine is chopped down the remains will be an ivy stump. Ivy's respawn rate is 36 seconds.
With level 68 Woodcutting, a player using a dragon hatchet can gain around 65,000 experience an hour from cutting ivy. A player using a crystal hatchet with level 99 Woodcutting can gain around 81,000 experience an hour. Woodcutting urns of all types do not collect any scraps when cutting ivy. Cutting ivy in Prifddinas is affected by the Voice of Seren, resulting in a 20% exp boost to all skill actions. Crystal geodes, rather than bird's nests, are obtained from cutting Ivy when the Voice of Seren is active.
- North wall of Varrock Palace, near the 3 yew trees. (4 spots)
- South-east outer wall of Varrock Palace, next to tree Farming patch. (5 spots)
- North side of the north wall of Falador, a little south from Gamers' Grotto entrance. (7 spots)
- Eastern end of the south side of the south wall of Falador, a little north of the allotment patch. (7 spots)
- South-east of Taverley, near the hot air balloon. (5 spots)
- East wall of East Ardougne church, just west of Handelmort's Mansion. (5 spots)
- North side of the north wall of Yanille, south-east of Yanille Dungeon. (6 spots)
- South wall of Castle Wars, south of the Saradomin base. (7 spots)
- Crwys Clan area, Prifddinas. (9 spots)
- On 31 December 2009 the cutting animation of ivy was accelerated.
- The animation now takes around 4.66 seconds. This does not affect the frequency or amount of ivy cut.
- From 25 October 2011, the day of Bot Nuking, when choking ivy regrew after being chopped down, it would not be there but there would still be a Chop option. This was a glitch, but some thought it could be a tactic used to stop bots from cutting this altogether. Logging out and back in appeared to reset the ivy. This bug is no longer constant, but still appears occasionally.
- At most, 70 ivy can be chopped from a single ivy plant.
- There is a glitch where if you have a dragon hatchet in your inventory (not equipped), it would look as though you were chopping the ivy with whatever item you had equipped in your hands, or, if you had nothing equipped, you would chop ivy with your fists.
- Approximately 37,259 chopped ivy will grant you 12,408,249 woodcutting experience, equivalent to 68-99 woodcutting.
- On 2nd November 2015, at around 11:50am in-game time, Jagex removed the ivy that were on Falador's walls, along with the update that removed the Invasion of Falador event. This was later reversed in the 9th November 2015 update, that brought the Ripper Demons.