|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Ore||Iron ore (199 coins)|
|This rock contains iron.|
Iron ore rocks are protruding rocks containing iron. A player with a Mining level of 15 or higher can mine iron ore from rocks found in various mines, granting 35 Mining experience for each ore mined.
- Bandit camp mining site - 16 rocks
- Dwarven mine - 9 rocks
- Al Kharid mining site - 8 rocks
- Rimmington mining site - 6 rocks
- South-east Varrock mining site - 4 rocks
- South-west Varrock mining site - 3 rocks
- Edgeville dungeon mine - 3 rocks
- Southern Wilderness mining site - 2 rocks
- Falador mining site - 3 rocks
- Legends' Guild mining site - 11 rocks
- Fight Arena mining site - 9 rocks
- Dorgeshuun mine - 9 rocks
- Abandoned Mine - 8 rocks
- Grand Tree mine - 8 rocks
- Jatizso mine - 7 rocks
- South-east Ardougne mining site - 6 rocks
- Ardougne sewers mine - 5 rocks
- Evil Chicken's Lair - 4 rocks
- Keldagrim south-west mine - 4 rocks
- Desert Mining Camp - 3 rocks
- Piscatoris mining site - 3 rocks
- Karamja mining site - 1 rock
- Pirates' Hideout mining site - 1 rock
Iron ore rocks respawns at a standardised rate, which is 7.5 seconds across all worlds after it was last mined, regardless of how many people are logged on that world.
- There was a popular place to mine iron in the mining area near Al Kharid, which has a place in the mine where there are three rocks in a triangle formation, making the player able to mine iron faster due to the three respawns. After the dungeoneering resource dungeon update, the triangle formation changed.
- There are some spots where the graphics for the iron ore rocks have not been updated, including the mining spot to the East of East Ardougne.
- Iron ore, like all other mined rocks, used to respawn at a rate indirectly proportional to the number of people in the rock's RuneScape world before the update on 13 March 2017.